Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics The Information Kiosk Master Acrylic Painters’ Studies – February 2009 – William Bouguereau (2 selections)

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 297 total)
  • Author
    zunisong

Well, I think I may be finished with this one. Still not totally happy with the face but the canvas is so slick that the paints are just sitting on top.

11x14in.
        [IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/06-Feb-2009/103642-DSC02709.JPG[/IMG]

It was a great challenge and I’m looking forward to seeing the rest of the entries!

I love this. The fabric is amazing, as is the rest of it. Great work.

Kindra
        Round Rock, Texas
        http://www.oneofakindstudio.com

lilbelle

Wow, everyone has done such a great job!

Ozone, you’ve really captured their expressions beautifully. I love the curls in their hair!
            Lulu, wow, you are almost finished. It is really lovely!
            Maureen, fantastic finish! great job on the fabric and bodice of her dress. I love her expression!

Thank you Zunisong for the kind comment on mine.:)

Thank you again Brian for this months challenge and lovely reference photos to work from. I had a great time!:thumbsup:

Striver

Ozone, warm healing thoughts to you to ease the pain, When I have a nasty one I say to myself, ” well if i was’nt alive i would’nt feel the pain, so I will suffer a little longer”
                Get well soon
                Les

Lulu

Thank you Lillian.

Well I got some time to work on her again today, I’ll probably work on it some more (that hand is fidgeting me!) but will call it a day for this month’s challenge.
                    Thank you Brian for providing the challenge, and thankyou everyone for the encouragement along the way, it has taught me a lot and given me the incentive and courage to go on and try out some of my own figure ref. pics.

Ozone, thinking of you, I hope Miss Molly will make you smile – by golly:music: :)

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Ozone

Thank you Lulu, I am able to see her with one eye at least. She looks wonderful and I am smiling.:D

I want to also thank everyone for your kind words about my painting, it will not be finished this month. When I am able to paint again, I will finish my little people and post it somewhere. The important thing to me was making some new friends, recovering a lost friend, and being with my long time friends.

See you on down the road.

Oz:)

Lulu

thanks Oz:)
                            Looking at my little girl this morning and I see her wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too red :eek:, so have taken another in morning light.
                            Okay, here is the final pic!!! Still not showing exact but I’m done.

Looking forward to seeing the final of your little cherubs one day Oz:)

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Ozone

How can anything have to much red?? It looks great Lulu.

Oz:)

einna

Hello everybody.

So i am fullfiling my promise, i did start to paint the B. girl. Still having the problems with bloching, it gets dry as fast as i finish the brush stroke, so i am so unhappy. So, she stays little pictured, so i do not have to be ashamed for how she looks like she got beaten up by somebody. Still, am not finished, must do a glaze for the tonal values…oh…i hope that i will..ENd of wining. Just wanted to show her, that i was not kidding and that i did my best.Will try to make her fancy for the judgement day ….:-))) Oh, as you already see… chickened out frompainting the whole figure….:-) Yes i will fix her white nose….

Annie

Lulu

Annie, Annie, Annie!!! that is wonderful!!!! You have captured her ‘look’ too!
                                        Fantastic job! I am so pleased to see her!
                                        A dozen clappies and more!

Thanks Oz, fancy ME saying that there was too much red:lol::lol:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Ozone

Annie, oh Annie, there is so much talent in you, you paint so very well. I am very pleased you painted this for us. Let me just say thank you, and again thank you. You have the spirit that is given and have shared it with us all.

Ozone:)

einna

Thank you Lulu. Your girl looks also wonderful, better then mine for sure..because she doesn’t have a plastic nose… as mine does…Hubby looked at mine and on the comp i showed him this thread and he likes yours much better….because yours doesn’t have a frog skin…like mine…oh…i got mad at him…now i won’t get those new acrylics..for sure.:-) He thinks i should paint her normally skinned i insisted on Bougereau style…ok…will see tomorrow..
                                                Thanks for looking Lulu and everybody here.

Annie

einna

I forgot to mention my observation: this B. girl what we are painting on this threat appears in other Bougueareau’s pictures. Have you ever noticed? I sketched in pastel other two girls of his, it hit me, she’s is there with other girl and it just hit me…cannot remember the name of the picture… it is her… and “The girl with an open book” i sketched with pencil it is her also…wonder who in really life it was…if she was not his daughter…. interesting.:-)

Another of my b. girl study….the same girl…i think

Annie

Lulu

Annie, I’m glad you like my little girl and that your husband does also!
                                                        Please thank him for me.
                                                        Yours is just so beautiful, and shows your experience with pastel. You will find, as I said before, that you can get the same effects with acrylics that you do with pastels and in fact I think that is what you have done with yours. It really is beautiful, and she doesn’t have a plastic nose:lol: just a highlighted one:)

Yes, I have been looking at other of B’s paintings and I do see the same face a lot. I would love to read a book just about him, I find his work fascinating.
                                                        I definitely want to try that one with the book.

(And please, Mr Annie, go and buy Annie some more acrylics, I just know that she’s going to make them sing!!)

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

einna

Yes, i will show him, Lulu, what you said and will deliver the answer tomorrow..he is sleeping right now… is very tired after cooking the beef stew…he’s got exhausted…:-)
                                                            Whenever i look at your B.girl, i have the feeling, she wants to talk to me… she is so alert and happy and is looking for the company. Mine, she looks like she didn’t get her acrilycs also…:-(
                                                            Happy day to you Lulu and to those who will come also.

Annie

Lulu

Yes, i will show him, Lulu, ….he is sleeping right now… is very tired after cooking the beef stew…he’s got exhausted…:-)

did he have to catch the beast first Annie???:D

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 297 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.