Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching The Classroom What is timeline for rest of the classes to be here?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    sbarnhardt

It’s not my intent to complain for no reason, but I would be interested in hearing when the rest of the classes in this series are likely to be available?  I’d just begun and was close to finishing Class 1 when all this “changeover” started.  While I’ve begun work on Class 2, it’d be nice to be able to button up #1 and have a reasonable idea about if/when the remainder will be here.

Does anyone know anything beyond conjecture? :scratch:

Strolling through life one step at a time!

Some days it's two steps forward and one step back.
        Some days it's 1 step forward and 3 steps back.
        Some days it's.....Well......I'd like another cup of coffee!!

laRHsen

I share the same feelings :good:

laRHsen

and our teacher Arnoud is in the VP (vanishing point) right now… I liked his ideas and technique…

Retiree

It is not going to be any time soon from the email that I received from those working on the site.  By the way they were very nice and replied almost immediately to my questions.  But don’t hold your breath. This was about 2 weeks ago or so, maybe someone else has some more up to date information.  I too have been taking a number of classes in the Drawing Classroom.  And I would really like to have Arnoud back to critique.

laRHsen

thanks for the info, onestrokeartist,

I guess it’s DRY canvas now and we’ll wait for the WET ONE

Classic

I’m really sad to see that the Drawing Class doesn’t work. This class was what pushed me to subscribe to the Wet Canvas forum.  I did start my preparatory introduction exercises, I even posted a quite long introduction of myself in the drawing & sketching forum (that seems to disappear now, after the transition to the new software). I did wait for some time hopping that the technical issues would find their solutions. Sadly, almost two months after the transition the problems remain: profile info is absent, same for my avatar picture, the screen design is rather tiring for my eyes and no news about lost content, including at least part of the Drawing Classroom :(

However I don’t go away. I hope that new forum people understand that a forum has to be beautiful and attractive, and that’s not how WC is right now. All-white and all-black themes are quite tiring to read. I find the old color theme and typefaces much easier to read. I would be happy if the tech team offers us an alternative screen theme… and if the Classroom works again!!

:rose:

Emmanuel
                            C&C welcome

laRHsen

One of the best resources when learning to draw are online courses. Personally I recommend https://drawing-session.com It is a pencil drawing course that specializes in taking beginners and teaching them how to draw in a realistic style. The course itself is online video, so you can access it from anywhere in the world – the videos worked perfectly on my tablet and phone

Wherever I go this stupid ad follows me

laRHsen

It is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE for our Arnoud to disappear juas like that he who used to tackle hundreds even thousands of emails and NOT a single response from him that’s incredibly unbelievable

Retiree

First of all, I hope Arnoud is ok.  Secondly, I think he just does not want to deal with a site that is all over the place.  Some things work, some don’t.  I am not criticizing the new site owners as I think it must be quite the job to convert this huge forum.

laRHsen

I share the same feelings with Emmanuel, this site looks terrible with no artistic taste and no design at all and it is supposed to be for artists someone suggested that it was bought by some huge ads company and they were planning to throw ads all over the place but as the world economy is down they are doing nothing now…

I am positive the site looked FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR Better before….no comparison…

As far as Arnoud is concerned we wish him well and we still love him…and we will still love him with his spirit …I haven’t seen many people like him in life….honestly.

Classic

I share the same feelings with Emmanuel, this site looks terrible with no artistic taste and no design at all and it is supposed to be for artists someone suggested that it was bought by some huge ads company and they were planning to throw ads all over the place but as the world economy is down they are doing nothing now…

Nevertheless,  successful advertising has to be attractive, otherwise people just look away ;)

A decade ago, I did participate in the creation of a forum (music related) together with a group of friends. Concerning the visual aspects of the forum (colors, font selection and size, info displayed etc), we spent several days on skype, to discuss our ideas, thoughts, pros & cons, checks of several proposals from both technical and visual/aesthetic point of view. All this was before the forum went public, because we tried to have everything working at the moment our new members would look at the pages just after their registering. We had several color themes already working, so that each member could select the look he/she liked (modern or more “traditional”, warm, cool, neutral, …)  :good:

Emmanuel
                                                C&C welcome

Arnoud disappeared when the site moved a couple months ago and hasn’t been seen or heard from since. Unfortunately most of the classes were lost in the move and cannot be resurrected. This is doubly sad as we had some really talented artists sharing their techniques. I have tried to find things but my abilities as a moderator here are somewhat limited and the threads are nowhere to be found. I’m sorry but the best I can suggest is to post your work in the D&S forum and we will be happy to offer what help we can. It will be somewhat similar to the way this classroom worked when it was functional. Many of the artists have also disappeared so posting in the classroom threads would likely not get the attention they deserve. I am only one artist, but I am sure others will be happy to jump in and help if they see a new thread. :bye:

Retiree

Thank you Ken! :wave: I think I may take you up on your offer soon.

Chris (Christina)

laRHsen

Thank you SparowHawk7 for your comment well yes I can certainly confirm that he disappeared that night/day the site moved…for me it was like pulling the carpet from under your legs when you’re standing so you can imagine the consequences because i had one of my lesson exercise/homework to render and i did render it and Arnoud did comment as always with his lynx eye but that part of the forum vanished and so did Arnoud…If we -students- as it seems to me are  disappointed with the site why shouldn’t Arnoud be the same….and maybe that’s why he left and to say that (I am quoting you here) he DISAPPEARED… would make him guilty…which he is NOT….consequences  have their causes my friend… So as you suggested we might try to post in D and S forum and thanks for your noble intentions…

Retiree

Well, I see that nothing has changed. I haven’t dropped in for a long time.  Arnoud is  still not here.  We have no more Drawing Instruction for free which was unbelievably amazing. So sad. Well, thank you for the good times and bye for now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.