Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #649: Sep 20 – 28

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here: https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/scavenger-hunt-hosting-sign-up-2020

** EyePaint made a new hosting sign up thread on May 22, 2020 **

Here are the rules for the hunt:
    *All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.
    *Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.
    *All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

*Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
    *Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary.

Scavenger Hunt #649: Sep 20 – 28

Water
    Electric
    Towel
    Closed
    Accessory
    Necessity
    Vehicle
    Animal
    School
    Security
    Childhood
    Album
    Vanilla
    Entrance
    Novel
    Garment
    Edible
    Radio
    Honey
    Upstairs
    Nearby
    Three
    Bargain
    Yummy or Yucky
    Journal
    Open

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
    My website https://jocastilloart.com

Anonymous

Thank you for new subject list Jo.

#1 Electric – grill
        #2 Necessity- coffee machine
        #3 Open – dishwascher
        #4 Close – oven and kitchen cabinets
        #5 Towel

Pencil sketch in 14,8 x 24 cm sketchbook

Triss

Thanks for the new list, Jo!

Sywia – Wonderful kitchen sketch! I absolutely love the shading, and the way you’ve made all the similar, blocky shapes so interesting. And I’m with you on the coffee machine being a necessity! Thanks for kicking off the thread with such a great bit of drawing!

AiArts

Jo: Thanks for the list.

Sylwia :  Awesome starting sketch of this Hunt.  I ditto what Triss just said.

eyepaint

Jo – thanks for the new list.

Sylwia – look at that great kitchen sketch!!

-- EP Moderator for:
                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

NedL

Jo – thanks for the new list

Hi everyone… I guess I did the “disappearing act” again… hope to at least find time for one or two….

Joan T

Jo, thanks for the new list. Will have to get to work on this soon.

Sylwia, what a great sketch! I love seeing interior sketches from people’s houses. I love that you did it in graphite and not color. Super!!

Ned, good to see you any time you pop in! Hope things are good with you.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                            [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Sylwia, wow!  Great start to the new Hunt.  Yep, coffee is a definite necessity.  Very nice lines and shapes.

Hi to al the rest.  Joan it is fun to get a peek in to other’s homes and surroundings.  Travel by sketch.

Back tomorrow….

Joan T

Jo, you know I travel by sketch anyway. lol

1 – vehicle – watercolors and ink

2 – water

3 – upstairs balconies

Attachments:
                                You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anonymous

#6 Edible – quick digital sketch I did in ClipStudioPaint

Another pommergranate ( the last one was very tasty -not too sweet and not too sour) and plums.

Anonymous

Very nice sketch Joan. I like the boat and reflections on the water.

AiArts

Sylwia:  Fantastic fruits in digi.

Joan:  So beautiful boat water scene.

Joan T

Sylwia, thanks. I like your pom and plums. Look so juicy!

Ai, thanks so much.

jmfletch

Sylwia – great kitchen sketch! I am with you on coffee being a necessity! Caffeine is definitely my drug of choice. 😎. You really are making me think about adding more fruit to my diet. You make it look so juicy and tasty.

Joan – I keep repeating myself but I really like how you shade and show shadows in watercolors. It really adds so much depth. :thumbsup:

Triss, Ai, EP, Ned :wave: :clap: :yahoo:

#1 open – vertical blinds
                                                    #2 closed – sliding door
                                                    Ink in 5x5cm format.

Keep sketching
                                                    Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Joan, lovely watercolor on your clever vehicle.

Sylwia. Nice digital. I like your color selections.

Joe cool open and closed.

I sketched but we have a power outage for a couple of hours. I’m not going to mess with posting from my phone.  See ya later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.