Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #648: Sep 12 – 20

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    joe1It

3 something fruity
        (4 tasty)
        paper a6 and apaper a 5 graphite.

it could be 2 attempts for something fruity, the single pear,

and then it’s a small box with 3 pears, a lemon and then mini peppers and mini round tomatoes and a clove of garlic. (maybe chaos, signs and sight)
        (3 fruit- opp 4 testy because as a child I loved eating lemons, yes, that kind of big lemons (I think more than that), I cut them, salted them and ate them …).

lately I have been thinking more about ink and for some months and even a couple of years ago, I had doubts, (then I took a pen)
        to practice more ink (I was reading a little about the subject and these are mentioned and intrigued by traits), (try nib) to try to learn it better I am tempted to take nib, I was seeing a little
        , one that intrigued was some Japanese nibs but lately they seem to have increased a little bit and then I was intrigued to try 102 nib because it was the one I read about, among those available, one intrigues me, Speedball Sketching Pen Set kit that holds it, 13 €

- C & C welcome ( comments and criticisms highly appreciated)

— NOT allowed for Al training

joe1It

Thanks to everyone for the comments and advice on the branch. amd yes continue it or do it again longer I think it’s a good idea.
            also true on the photos.

JO, wonderful work and then it was worth it 2 times.

Joan, both watercolors are wonderful.

Triss, great job, it feels like you can feel the pillows. beautiful dog

joe, beautiful and fun job

ladysue
            beautiful draws

tchotchke it was a word I had never heard. (i mean, i don’t know most of the english words but this one is new to me and they are so beautiful and the drawing was too funny and nice)

Joan T

Jo, thank you. I like your icy cup and matching plate filled with fruit.

Triss, thanks. Most people use their phone to store everything. I like having everything written down too. What if the phone gets lost? Nice sketches that busy watchdog of yours. lol Your pillows look so velvety soft that I want to reach out and touch them… lovely!

Ai, thank you. Good luck with your busy days back at work.

Joe, LOL My phone book sits near my landline. Do other people still have those or just me??? Cute colorful ornament!

LadySue, thanks. I’ve used Photo Booth on my computer to do self-portraits. It is easier than using a mirror and you are sketching from life. Nice open and closed mouths on those faces and good job on the lamppost.

EP, thanks so much.

Joe 1, thank you. So many sketches of your fruit…nice!

6 – lamppost – watercolors and ink

7 – something heavy (car)

Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

jmfletch

LadySue, check if you have Photo Booth installed. Pretty sure it comes with all Apple products that have a camera. Using iPod is still definitely from life and you drew both mouths well.

Triss – Nice lively sketch of a not so lively dog.

EP – I am typical American. I only speak English and do not understand the meteoric system beyond my mm wrench set. Definitely did not sound like bragging..as old saying goes T’aint bragging if it’s fact. Yes the coaster absorbs condensation the dries through evaporation.

Jo NYC born and bred. New York English dialect includes lots of words from other languages. Pretty sure tchotchke is a Jewish term. Lots of Italian and Jewish words are part of the NY dialect

Joe1 x Nice pear sketch. Fruit plate is definitely tasty. Nice sketch! As I explained above to jo, pretty sure tchotchke is a Jewish word used commonly in New York.

Joan – We dropped our landline a little over a year ago simply based on cost; 2 mobile lines were cheaper ( we did not factor in the phones or we would still have the landline. LOL). You could have used that painting for colorful as well. Nice job.

Keep sketching
                    Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

joe1It

thanks very mutch Joan,
                        Thanks very mutch Joe, (also for the word)

joe1It

today i made these

4 and 5 something jubilant
                            or unusual (a plant that talks and dances …)
                            mini plush and keychain.

blue pen, a4 sheet

eyepaint

Ladysue – thank you

Jo – love the story of the dog wanting to greet you when you came home from school. I heard of dogs who would go sit at the end of the driveway and wait for the schoolbus to come by :)

joe1lt – good fruity. I know what you mean about learning terms and words used in other parts of the world, like power point (outlet), chook (chicken), moggy (cat), trivet (for holding hot things … I had used them/seen them used but didn’t know they had a name)…

Joan – lol at the landline :) Yes a car would be heavy. Nic saturated red along the roofline.

Joe – I have inherited a socket set that has so many bits, both imperial and metric – bits with inches on one side and bits with mm on the other … which to use/try depends on the age and place of manufacture of the item. For instance, when I change my uke strings and I tighten the nuts I use the mm socket because the uke was made recently. But I’m sure if I have to tweak something that’s from 1960 or earlier then the inches pieces would come in handy :) Another word for a tchotchke that my mother would use is “dust collector” lol – something out that needs dusting!

edited to add: joe1lt – we cross posted.
                                good jubilant! and plush!

-- EP Moderator for:
                                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

joe1lt, the fruit sketches are fun and interesting, good hatching.  I like the jubilant and unusual.  Lively and well done with the pen.  I’m smiling.

Joan, your lamppost sketch is great.  Love the red umbrellas and car included.  Applause.

Hi, Joe, EP and all the rest and thanks.
                                EP, thanks for the list.  See all y’all on the next Hunt here:

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/scavenger-hunt-649-sep-20-28/

You still have a day to finish up here.

I sketched in the new pocket sketchbook with a Pilot ballpoint pen

Number 3, lamppost

Attachments:

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                My website https://jocastilloart.com

Anonymous

Triss – The cold and grey field is beautiful, especially the autumn sky. Your dogs are really funny. and the pillows very soft- beautiful colour

Joe very well drawn outside thermometer, the stone coaster with interesting texture and adorable penguin

Angella nicely done sketches. I like the colourful and three dimensional paper clips

Joe1lt – well sketched tree branch and fruits. I think it’s a very good idea to start drawing with ink

Joan clever idea for the alphabetical andnice looking vegetables. Very nice location sketch

Jo – I’m eating most of my still life models too. – delicious fruit salad

Ladysue very nice pencil sketch

Joan T

Joe, thanks. My landline still comes in handy and has better reception than my iPhone at home.

Joe 1, cute mini plush and keychain!!

EP, thanks. I don’t like to give up things that work well. lol

Jo, nice work on the lamppost…and the bonus ones too!

Sylwia, thanks!

10 – jubilant (sunset) – watercolors (Sunsets always remind me of being in Key West, FL where everyone applauds when the sun finally goes down.)

Attachments:

Triss

Joe1 – Great sketching! I like your shading on all the fruit and veg, and love your fun drawings of the dancing plant and keychain toy.

Joan – Lovely outdoors sketch, beautiful work on the colours with the reds against greens. I really enjoy seeing the way you handle so much foliage with ease (and great umbrellas, too!). The sunset sketch captures the clouds so well, and I like the simple handling of the car and building – very effective!

Jo – Love your scribbly lamppost background trees! Great pen drawing, and I like your shading for the lampposts, particularly the square tops.

#2c – Today’s field, in the rain, assorted watermedia stuff on horrible paper.

Attachments:
                                            AiArts

Jo:  Nice lamp post.  Gorgeous fruity… yummy.

Joe1:  Fun jubilant key chain.  Nice fruit sketch.

Triss:  Fantastic velvet texture.  Even though the paper was not working for you but the feel of rainy day is spotted on.  Lovely benign dog sketch too.

Joan:  Beautiful red roof building and fantastic  sunset piece.  Fun to know from you that everyone clap for sunset in Keywest.  Nice produce set.

LadySue:  Some web-sites show me definition of  “benign” as harmless.  So I take this meaning to my avocado sketch.  Lovely open and close mouth.  Nice lamp post.

Joe:  Very cute  penguin ornament.

EP:  Thanks for hosting this Hunt.

Thanks all for the good vibe, hope to see your sketches at the next Hunt.

Joan T

Triss, thanks so much! Your horrible paper provided some nice texture…or maybe it was the rain. lol

Ai, thanks. In Key West everyone goes down to the dock or out on a boat, has a cocktail (or two) and stands or sits while the sun goes down…and they always do applaud. I think it is such a nice way to end the day. Meanwhile there are street performers, buskers, and artist doing portraits to entertain everyone. It is a lot of fun. Thanks for hosting…wish I could have sketched more.

eyepaint

Jo – than you for posting the new list. Oh yes look at those groovy lampposts (parking lot?)

Joan – aww sunset :)

Triss – Love those stormy rain clouds. From your description of the paper, it sounds like another candidate for “dreadful” lol

Ai – hello!

-- EP Moderator for:
                                                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Sylwia, thanks so much.  Yummy models.

Joan, the sunset is great and fun in Key West, never been, only as far south as Miami.

Triss, ah, I see the mud.  Nice sketch even on the not so good paper.

Hi, EP.

See y’all on the new Hunt.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                                        My website https://jocastilloart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.