Home Forums The Town Center WC Site Technical Discussions Questions about the new WC!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    La_

1.  Does the plan include dates on  [home forum page] reply posts?  And names of last person who posted?  (right now it only shows # of posts).

2.  Notifications – they’re pretty squirly [wrong at least half the time], are they working consistently yet for Anyone?

3. The new little ‘moon’ floating about on screen (white/black background option) – can I shut that off?

4.  Does the plan/transfer include some indication to show me what posts I’ve commented on?

Thanks for any clarifications, I’m patient, accepting of growing pains and such, it’s a big job, I get that.

la

WFMartin

When I click the “little moon”, not only does my screen background turn black, but my little avatar (not the one on each post, but the one where it says “log out”) becomes a reverse-color image.  My other avatars remain normal, as do the photos that are posted on forums.

wfmartin. My Blog "Creative Realism"...
            https://williamfmartin.blogspot.com

lisaastrup

photo upload… why did they change it ?

I can’t find out to do it now, I just hate updates, when I know how

every thing works…well then it has to update. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Lisa Astrup

http://www.bricksite.com/astrupart
                c & c welcome anytime

The photo upload should be the same? It looks the same to me, what changed for you if you don’t mind explaining so I can see.

We have asked them about all the rest of las very good suggestions.

I did just send another note explaining our frustrations with the site.

I’m so sorry everyone for all of this. Thank you to those who are sticking around, the support is appreciated.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

lisaastrup

photo upload, maybe it was just that tome of day, maybe it will work

now and then , don’t know. :scratch:

Lisa Astrup

http://www.bricksite.com/astrupart
                    c & c welcome anytime

Hmm, I don’t  know, I’m going to move this to the technical forum, it’s a better fit.

Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

redfang

1. Does the plan include dates on [home forum page] reply posts? And names of last person who posted? (right now it only shows # of posts).

2. Notifications – they’re pretty squirly [wrong at least half the time], are they working consistently yet for Anyone?

3. The new little ‘moon’ floating about on screen (white/black background option) – can I shut that off?

4. Does the plan/transfer include some indication to show me what posts I’ve commented on?

Thanks for any clarifications, I’m patient, accepting of growing pains and such, it’s a big job, I get that.

la

My sentiments exactly, thank you for saving me a lot of typing. ;)

"If influenza was only contagious after symptoms appeared, it would have died out thousands of years ago. Somewhere between tool using and cave painting, homo habilis would have figured out to kill the guy with the runny nose."

You have covered issues that we have raised several times including numbered posts. I had to refer the technical admin to a post “on page 3 about halfway down” instead of saying “post 48”.

The high viz icon is a preference and should be on your profile or at least at the top right under the Log Out area.

I think the Topic (thread) list in a forum shows the number of posts. To get a notification be sure to check the notify me box when replying/posting.

An efficient Advanced Search and messaging system is required etc etc.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

La_

Thanks for the responses

I’ll keep my patience hat on and wait it out … :good:  

la

OziAfricana

Hi everyone. I know it’s work in progress and someone might have asked this elsewhere but I am a little vain and appreciated the title I had in the former site where I was a WetCanvas Veteran. Was this ‘ranking’ dropped or is it coming back at some time.

Maybe I should join the military.

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home
                                My Blog

Instagram
                                Lyndylu

Once I click on “Favorite” — is there somewhere I can go on my next visit to easily find a list of my favorite threads? Is there somewhere I can go to see my list of subscribed threads? I have subscribed to a number of threads in the last month but have not received emailed updates. They are not in my spam folder.

Lyndylu

Once I click on “Favorite” — is there somewhere I can go on my next visit to easily find a list of my favorite threads? Is there somewhere I can go to see my list of subscribed threads? I have subscribed to a number of threads in the last month but have not received emailed updates. They are not in my spam folder.

Go to your profile in the top right, by hovering over your photo/name a drop down menu will appear, click on the forums part and a dropdown menu will appear.  “Favourites” are in that menu.

Short form:

Profile > Forums > Favorite topics

Find me on Instagram
                                    Find me on Facebook

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.