Home Forums The Town Center WC Site Technical Discussions NEW SITE – CURRENT ISSUES

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 605 total)
  • Author

XxP, I’ve already explained what it is for and I’m  not going to get into a debate with anyone. It unfortunately is part of the WordPress theme and cannot be changed. At least, as you’ve said, your issue with it can be resolved by zooming.
    If you would like to file a complaint to the owners of this site then please press the “give us your feedback” button.  It can be found by scrolling up to the top right of the screen.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
    Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

XpP

Um, what just happened? :unsure:

Where is my post? Why is it gone?

EDIT: I’ve found it again! For some reason it went from page 39 to page 38.

redfang

I can only guess that the new owners went with WordPress because they were already using it and are familiar with it (even if most of us aren’t). *shrug* I’m just surprised I can still use the forum, WP usually is uncooperative with me at best. ;)

"If influenza was only contagious after symptoms appeared, it would have died out thousands of years ago. Somewhere between tool using and cave painting, homo habilis would have figured out to kill the guy with the runny nose."

MaloCS

My long standing thread “Vincent Creative Portfolio” in digital showcase is gone. Any ideas or is it just gone?

Unfortunately, they are done with Stage I of the move and everything that could be moved has been. The only thing I can suggest is to contact the tech support by clicking on the “Give us feedback” link at the top right of the page. They may be able to help. I’m so sorry!

My portfolio goes back several years and I find it odd that my long standing thread has just disappeared. I will not be returning to WetCanvas I find the digital forum on this website not very helpful. It really doesn’t matter anyway, there definitely was a culture clash in the digital forum with my work. Too many landscapes and portraits with no innovation or outside the box thinking with digital tools. Why use digital if you’re going to “paint” in a traditional style and forego the plethora of tools that digital affords.

wetcanvas used to be fun but not since you “lost” my thread. MaloCS is out. Good luck with the website.

I have the pictures to prove it...

www.vincentcreative.net

It is sad that so much of the old site has been lost, but we were with days of losing everything when F&W went bankrupt. The site changeover was done in an emergency as the hardware and software containing the old site was about to fail.

It is our job to rebuild the site and if  that means recreating such resources then that’s what we have to do.  If you come across a useful thread in the old site post a reply and it should become visible on the new site.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

null and void

JoyK, I tried repeatedly over several days to change my password. I never received an email, and the routine simply kept repeating. I wonder how many others may be caught up in the same negative loop and can’t ask for help. :unsure: :yahoo: :wacko: :wacko: Sling paint, Virgil

I was having the same problem and ended up registering a new account with a new email since it said my email was taken. Then about half a day later I got several emails confirming my new password request that was required for restoring my OLD user name. The links were because of  the time that passed I suppose, so so I made another password change request for my original account which arrived fairly quickly and that got me in.

mlaiuppa
                        mlaiuppa
                            McHull

Let’s test two pictures: Car Ib NZ Slow to load the second one. Doug

Yorky,

Can you show me how to post pics? The pics in my last two separate threads did not post.

I used insert/edit image and the attachment methods on both. no luck

Thanks

Matt

"The question is not what you look at, but what you see"
                                Henry David Thoreau

Lotsodots

I do not get the same links on Dashboard when I open it that others seem to get. No where on the page is there a way to add your Avatar. I need help linking to that particular link.

I had the same problem until I saw the 3 icons on the left of the screen.  When you hover the mouse over the middle icon you will get a popup, click on your profile.

Scroll down in the window that opens until you get to avatar. This is where you can upload your new image.

Hope that helps

Wayne
                                    Comments and critiques are welcome
                                    Lotsodots

painterbear

You can go to this link to upload your avatar.

https://www.wetcanvas.com/wp-admin/profile.php

Wayne
                                        Comments and critiques are welcome
                                        LostArt

Doug:

I’m showing an unsecured web page on Article Index. This is a read only page, I don’t know if it matters, but checking all of the other the content on WetCanvas.com is https: in the browser.

https://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Publisher/article_index.php

I copied the link address and it says it is a https: site, it displays in Chrome browser as unsecured. I tried to get a screenshot of this but I’m having some difficulty with pasting it into this panel for some reason. I don’t know if any of this matters or not, but I thought that I’d pass it along.

Thank you,

LostArt

snoball

EJH, look on your extreme left and click on the little palette. That gives you a profile page and scrolling to the bottom has a place for uploading an avatar.

Thank you! My problem was more basic than Doug realised; the pixelhunt for the dashboard ;-) Anyway, found it, and succesfully uploaded my drawing of a raven in charcoal as avatar.

We are all having problems. I called that a palette and Doug called it a clock and I think it is actually a speedometer on the dashboard. :lol: :lol: :wacko:

If you're asking me for advice, I'm going to assume that you've run out of rational options.
                                                My work on Facebook

ilya K

You may notice the new icon bottom left which changes the screen to high visibility mode i,e white text on a black background. Doug

The function is nice, but I don’t like the way it is implemented. With my screen magnified that icon sits on top of the avatars as I scroll down the page. It is distracting. It would be nice to have it some place else, such as a footer. The help function could also be put there. Just my opinion. :D

Same here. Firefox on a phone. The theme switch button must go, definitely.

Ilya K
                                                    C&C always welcome

snoball

link

If you're asking me for advice, I'm going to assume that you've run out of rational options.
                                                        My work on Facebook

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 605 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.