Home Forums The Town Center WC Site Technical Discussions NEW SITE – CURRENT ISSUES

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 605 total)
  • Author

IMPORTANT NOTICE

There is going to be a time out on the site while they carry out major improvements. It will probably take an hour.

Doug

My website
    We must leave our mark on this world

Doug – Noticing some big improvements already, thank you!

Joy
    C & C encouraged!

Looking good, Wet Canvas! :good:

eyepainteyepaint

Hi Yorky, have you been successful with the messaging system? I tried to compose a message to myself for testing and it failed “invalid user name”. I then readdressed it to another mod and again it failed for the same reason. Thanks!

-- EP Moderator for:
        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Please excuse my error; I was wondering what was inappropriate about the post prior to this, so I clicked on “report” on the post preceding it, as I am “testing” all the different choices in an attempt to learn more about the new sight. To my chagrin, I was not given any choices about furthering the inquiry, and the message appeared in the post it was reported! I suspect that also happened to the post preceding mine, accidentally by another member.  My apologies, please remove this, as I cannot. :(

Joy
        C & C encouraged!

ReddymanReddyman

Hi Doug

When I put my photo into my profile it uploaded fine  however I noticed when I post into the landscape forum my profile photo is not showing up just the  generic default image  profile.

If I look under Membership Directory my photo is showing up there as well but as indicated not showing up when posting.

Any thoughts on correcting this?

Thanks again for all your work Doug. I think it is looking good already and with some additional tweaks will be on our way to another superb  site. :good:

Many thanks

John

(Reddyman)

jmfletchjmfletch

Is there an equivalent to “My WC” somewhere?

Is there a way to change the background on the site or on posts?  The harsh white is tough on old eyes.

Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Qouting Robin

+1
            Profile PhotoSnow_tabby

Not sure if I like this squished format. 🤔Seems a little claustrophobic in here I don’t know about you?

@Doug

Jeroen (This is JeroenC, while I put my ‘real name’ to Jeroen).

Thanks.

The MyWC and see previous posts seem to have gone missing, I’ll report it.

I received a Message from Joy this morning via the system, not sure where reported posts are going.

Doug

My website

There’s now no way of telling when a thread was last updated, or if I’ve already read it. It seems more confusing now. :(

Kay M - Edinburgh, Scotland

+1

Just one of the issues that need sorting I’m afraid.

Doug

My website

DaveDave

1) For at least the second day, there is no easy way to select a forum to view. Clicking on the Forums menu item at the top no longer brings up the comparatively concise list of forums which I could quickly locate Photography by a) scrolling down to Photography; or b) typing the letter ‘P’ then down arrow three times to get to Photography.

Instead, I have to select Forums, then type in Photography: this brings up an expanded and more detailed presentation of forums from which it is much more difficult to locate Photography: I need to page down 4 or 5 times to get to Explore Media, then select Photography.

2) Also, double spacing seems to once again be the default when replying.

3) And the last time I tried, I’m still not able to insert more than one image per post in a reply.

4) Still waiting for Preview Post to become available

It seems that we’ve taken a step or two backwards.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few ... or the one. (Spock and Kirk; The Wrath of Khan)

Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300mm, Canon PowerShot SX60HS, PSCS5 + ACR + Nik

Clicking forums for me works Dave, wait while it populates then scroll down the list. A bit creaky yet but it works.

Doug

My website

Profile PhotoScottMac

Finally, back in and I can post again .. phew!!

Previously, I could get logged in (with new password), but couldn’t see any posts/forums etc just said “oops …”  – wonder how many others had the same issue and just gave up and went elsewhere? :-(

I haven’t been able to get in properly since the “upgrade” till this morning.  I had logged a “issue” via email – wonder if they dealt with it? – obviously I couldn’t report it on here as I couldn’t see any of the forums to reply to

anyways, back in now … now to have a play/look around :-)

My Gallery and Art Blog: http://www.scottmac.plus.com/ScottMackayArt/index.shtml

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 605 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.