Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Nearly complete. Misty Meadow

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lon Reams

Here is another in the series of small oil landscapes I’m doing for an exhibition.

This one is a little 8×10.

Not quite complete, I’ve some glazing to do and probably a bit of scumbling but it’s close enough to share with the gang. 🙂

enelram

Very, very nice. It should be a great exhibition.

Fingers

Fantastic Lon, such highly developed artistical skill on display.

Lon Reams

Enelram
                    Fingers
                    Thank you kindly!

Lon Reams

Here is the complete painting.

And in it’s frame.

enelram

Yes, this is really good and the frame, although fancy, does not take away from the painting. I think because the color of the frame is subdued, and not a bright silver or gold like some frames, it is a good choice for an excellent painting.

Lon Reams

Yes, this is really good and the frame, although fancy, does not take away from the painting. I think because the color of the frame is subdued, and not a bright silver or gold like some frames, it is a good choice for an excellent painting.

Thank you!

The misty background and definite trees and fence are impressive.

Lon Reams

The misty background and definite trees and fence are impressive.

Thank you, kindly. I wish my photo was a much higher resolution. It’s hard to make out here but if you look closely you might be able to see dew droplets dripping off of the barbed wire fence.

It conveys the idea of a misty morning a little more clearly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.