Home Forums Explore Media Oil Pastels Oil Pastel Library Oil Pastel Challenges May oil pastel challenge and chat

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Profile PhotoJennie

Hey everyone, didn’t get to finish even one last month, so I thought I do a progress image just in case the past repeats itself.

It cheap OPs overlaid with some Senns white. On rough green sketch paper.

While flower :)

Jennie

"Art from the heart. That's what I do."

Maybe use the attach option to show your wip?

Christel

1+
      Profile PhotoJennie

Hey everyone, didn’t get to finish even one last month, so I thought I do a progress image just in case the past repeats itself.

White flower

Jennie

Profile PhotoJennie

White flower

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jennie

Lovely cosmos flower, Jennie!

Christel

Profile PhotoJennie

When my daughter she very strongly told us ‘she hated walking’. I have to say, a bit like a 3 year old, ‘I hate tackling flowers’.

Thanks very much Christel.

Jennie

terriksterriks

Love your white flower over that rough green paper, Jennie – turned out beautifully!

I’m working on my painting for this White challenge, but haven’t been able to upload anything successfully yet.    I have tried using the Insert/Edit button in the blue bar above each post, as well as the Upload attachments underneath each post.   None of the files was over 250 KB, so while they never loaded, it wasn’t something obvious like file size, which is a common culprit.

I hope to get this settled so I can continue to participate.

Terri

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!

You could also try the attach feature?

Christel

Beautiful, Jennie Jo, really like how you worked the petals. They look very natural.

So good to see you here in our new playground!

Mary Flora

Profile PhotoJennie

Thanks Terri. This try was going to be my last try. Hope you get lucky.

I’d love to see how you approach ‘white’.

Thanks Mary. Worked for ages on some of those petals! And, yes, it is nice to use my pastel sticks again.

Jennie

Queen BeeQueen Bee

There are still more of the references I want to do. Here is the first one I finished. 9×12 on Canson  WC paper Mungyo extra soft water soluble oil pastels I just got.

1+
                    terriksterriks

Hi Deborah, very nice!   I love your pinkish whites on the buildings.   I have the same set of the Mungyo water-soluble op’s, they’re very creamy.   Looks like they did great on your watercolor paper.

Hope to see more from you! :bye:

Terri

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!

Love it, Deborah! I’ve always found snow scenes difficult to paint – I don’t see snow here B-)

Christel

terriksterriks

Here is my offering for the “white” Challenge:

This is a copy of one of the many paintings Pablo Picasso did of a woman named Sylvette David.  She worked in the mid-1950’s at the pottery studio where he had a space to work.   She kept her hair up in this style and he was struck by it, and did many portraits in many styles.

This one worked for me because it’s so monotone – I used the full range of Neopastel grays here, and 2-3 different whites and blacks.    12×16″ Arches oil paper.    It was so odd not have color, but also very freeing.   One of the most fun things I’ve ever painted.

Terri

2+

Wow! Fantastic!

Christel

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.