Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink INKTOBER – 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 323 total)
  • Author
    rosta

Thanks Maureen.

QS – nice fishing gear and lobster pots.

Hopefully I’ll be up-to-date tomorrow.

Ron

C & C always welcome

sbalderrama

ams – I like your “storm”, simple but effective :). Trap is simple but works and nice deviation on the theme.

rosta – great armor, nice detail.

Que Sara – love the storm.  Great pen work in that one.  I still find it hard to get action using line only. :). Nice “Trap”, I like the minimal color enhancements.

llawrence – cool stormchaser, although seems a bit excessive to do a 3d model first for Inktober lol.

Tresgatos – really cool lighthouse. Great wave action.

monarch – great line work in Storm. Effective.

rosta – all your drawings are effective but the storm in the teacup is really good :). Nice Riff on the Hokusai wave.

sbalderrama

Trap.

Who will win this battle of wits?

Day 18, Trap

-monarch

C & C welcome and appreciated!

Tresgatos

OCT. 18 – TRAP

Borrowed a character for this one  –  “Snoopy in the Sand Trap”

Watercolors, Acrylics, Oils, Pen and Ink

Anonymous

Thank you for all comments. Fabulous drawings and diferent ideas.

The Great Wave seems to be very popular – creative example for Storm, Ron.

day 18 Trap

ams

QS, your lobster traps are breat. Good idea.

rosta, good outpost. It certainly is remote enough. Good job on the rocket. I don’t want to see one of those up close. I love your idea of storm in a teacup. Perfect!

Balder, I had a nice smile when I saw your trap. Hard to tell who will end up being trapped!

Monarch, good rendition of the trap. I can just “hear” the bunny thinking, “to eat the carrot or not eat the carrot, that is the question.”

Tresgatos, sand trap, what a great idea and well drawn. Poor Snoopy. I’m sure that’s where I would end up too.

Sylwia, very original and beautifully drawn. I would never have thought of this one but it is a perfect example of a trap in nature.

Here is my 19, Dizzy. This is a picture of the trumpet Dizzy Gillespie (a famous jazz musician) played. It is unusual because the bell is bent up. It was originally bent by accident but Gillespie liked the sound and kept it that way.

Anne

Anne
                            C & C always welcome.
                            https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

Excellent trap variations … my bet is on the mouse escaping!

Anne … your Dizzy trumpet brings back memories of his amazing cheek shapes when playing!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

rosta

Anne – love the trumpet, very clever.

Sylwia – the fly trap is great idea. Nicely drawn.

Tresgatos – been there (all too often)! Very funny.

Monarch – what rabbit can resist free carrots?

sbalderrama – I feel sorry for the mouse. That’s a very sinister-looking cat.

Here’s my Day 18 – Trap…..

https://s29608.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/1346664/mxrdoj1ui0lzflw491429qv8kvduzeqj.jpg

Ron

C & C always welcome

Que Sera

I’ve learned a new term today, “sand trap” is new to me but I’m familiar with the term “bunker”.  And Snoopy.

Sylwia, your pens and ink work is terrific.

Ron, I do know that greyhounds come out of traps.  Great work on catching up, they’ve all been very good.  Anne, I thought of Dizzy. Gillespie but didn’t know that about his trumpet.

I love both the box traps.

Here is my Dizzy.

QS

In all these things we are more than conquerors.

Ron, those greyhounds are great!

QS … Good spinner!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Thank you everyone for the fun comments!  Maureen, I’ll have to see if we can get the Wallender series here in the US.  It sounds like something we’d like to watch, and I’d enjoy seeing my firewatch tower!

Sbalderama, your outpost is terrifying!  Like something from a nightmare.  Your portrait of Katherine Johnson is nicely done, and it was interesting to learn about her.  Your storm is an excellent drawing of the human figure, which is always challenging.  You really were able to get the sinister personality of your cat in the trap drawing!  Yikes, hope the mouse gets away!

Anne, I liked your cozy-looking log outpost, and just had to laugh at your clever “out post.”  Husbands are good at thinking outside the box… ;-) :lol:    The Peoria Rocket is nicely done with great sense of perspective.  The twister makes me think of the Wizard of Oz, so any second I expect to see Miss Gulch on her bicycle swirling by.  Nice undersink trap drawing, with nary a leak in sight!   I really enjoyed hearing the story of Dizzy Gillespie’s bent trumpet.  Now I really want to watch some old footage to see it!

Que Sera, nice abandoned outpost with a sense of loneliness.  Your arugula leaves are lovely, and I learned that they are called rocket, but whichever word we use, they are yummy in salad.  ;-)    Your storm is pretty wild, with the waves covering the pier…hope nobody goes out on it or they’ll be swept away.  Nice lobster traps, and the bright color adds just the right touch.  Your dizzy is great, even the girl’s hair looks dizzy!

Llawrence, your invented outpost is very unique, and it makes me wonder how deep into the mountain it goes.  Your rocket is stunning, with such convincing depth.   I feel like I’m in space as a look at it.  Your India ink stormchaser drawing has a very cool effect, very 3D!

Tresgatos, your knight is beautifully done.  The outpost is charming and almost makes me think of Little House on the Prairie, lol.  Such beautiful colors on your rocket flowers!  The storm looks pretty intense for your lighthouse, hope it doesn’t wash out to sea.  I’ll have to show my husband your Snoopy and the sand trap.  He’d love to golf all day, every day, if he didn’t have to work!

Ron, nice hand of cards, hope no one else has a face card and an ace!  On disgusting, just ew, ew…maybe you should just throw that mug away.  The slippery banana peel…a classic!  Your dune looks very lonely with a great sense of depth, and I hope your hiker remembered to bring lots of water with him.  Wouldn’t want to meet your scary knight unexpectedly!  Nice outpost and looks like a fun place to go as a tourist.  Great rocket on its way to fulfill its mission.  I’ve always heard about the “tempest in a teacup” and now I’ve seen it!  :lol:    I’ll place my bet on #6 greyhound, although they both look lean and fast.

Sylwia, excellent drawing on your hungry plant.  Your storm has so much personality, and I’m just hoping the lighthouse has been evacuated!

Here’s my Day 19, Dizzy:

-monarch

C & C welcome and appreciated!

Tresgatos

Apologies for not commenting – will try to leave some soon.

OCT 19 – DIZZY

THINGS THAT MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL DIZZY

Watercolors, Acrylics, Oils, Pen and Ink

sbalderrama

Apologies for not commenting – will try to leave some soon. OCT 19 – DIZZY THINGS THAT MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL DIZZY

really nice gestural work on the dancer!

sbalderrama

ok, so I didn’t get to “Dizzy” yet because I got sucked into experimenting more with Ink and Dry Brush for a figure drawing.   But hey, it’s inktober so….

Open spoiler to see….

[spoiler Title =”NNSFW Figure Drawing”]

[/spoiler]

Attachments:
                                                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                              Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 323 total)
                                              • The topic ‘INKTOBER – 2020’ is closed to new replies.