Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lindap2

Oh dear – I think I’m heavy handed whilst experimenting with mixed media!  I accidently ripped off the top layer of my work whilst scratching it!

Can anyone give me any tips into what I can use for a thick gesso (where I can leave lovely marks in).  I want it to accept watercolour/acrylic/pastel/pencil ect

John humber

A little more information would help. I’m unclear as to how <u>you ’ripped</u>’ the surface—what surface? And unclear as to whether you are asking for a product recommendation (I use Winsor Newton Galeria acrylic gesso and am very happy with it), or are you seeking an alternative to gesso?

PLEASE how do I make these dreadful yellow things go away? OMG there's even more of the awful things now.

www.instagram.com/john_humber_artist
            www.instagram.com/john_petty_letterform

lindap2

Sorry, when I re-read my question, it was not clear at all.

I’m trying out mixed media, but love scratches in the gesso itself.  What I’m after is recommendation for a gesso in which I can scratch textures before and during painting.

JayJay365UK

I don’t know if this will help. You can use gesso mixed with a texturing paste to make it a bit thicker, then leave it to part-dry before making marks in it.

Liquitex do a thickening gel that might work for you.
                    And there are other products that do a similar thing. Or you can mix it with pumice powder until it’s clay like!

Hope this helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.