Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Favourite Street View Painting Locations

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 276 total)
  • Author
    PaintDoodles

It’s been a few years since I have used Google Street View and I no longer see the little orange man that you drag to the desired location. In fact, the only way I can find any street view is on Google Earth but we aren’t supposed to post pics from that, are we?

I see it on maps.google.com here

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

PaintDoodles

I finally found my problem. I am using an iPad and there is no little man. Apparently it is not the full version of Google maps and for that I need to use my computer.

Just try to browse to maps.google.com instead of using the app.

Doug

webLes

find quite a few images are quite dark it would be nice if they were lightened up a bit .Please

Its is Sylvias and myself Anniversary today we have been married 64 years and still friends . Your slipping Ushi you should have known that

Les

Congratulations Les and Sylvia.:clap:

Les, if you tell me which images are dark for you I’ll adjust them.

Doug

webLes

My wife hairdressers husband was a nasty piece of work Behind his wife back he willed their house to the son and when he died she had to take In lodgers to be able to pay and stay in the house . You talk about elder abuse— a brother in law made the suggestion because he had made money selling his house why don’t they stay with her and pay her so she could stay in the house . Sounds good after a while he suggested buying half the house still ok then after a while again he wants to sell his half to someone she doesn’t want to see . I told her go see a layer stop this guy in his tracts right there ,

Ill let you know how it turns out ,

Les

webLes

Doug it was somewhere in the previous posts as I as looking through don’t worry I wasn’t that concerned .

Les

Mike L

Very pretty, although travel site photos are probably copyright. Best to use Google Streetview images. [URL=https://goo.gl/maps/nyvH7afTrS12] Here’s a back street in Colmar on Streetview[/URL]. Explore to your heart’s content.

Doug

Images on/from Google (maps, street view, etc.) are copyright protected, and all contain the appropriate copyright mark in the lower right hand corner of the image on your screen.

That said, Google has a very easy-too-understand and liberal ‘fair use’ policy[/URL] . Basically it says we can use Google images for just about any legal endeavor we wish as long as we prominently display the attribution.

How to do that on a painting seems a bit iffy, though. Is attribution on the back prominent enough? I’ve submitted that question to Google and should have an answer in a couple weeks by their estimate.

If I hear from them I’ll return and let ya’ll know what the big G says.

Practice religion freely and freedom religiously.

I always leave the Google logo visible on my screen shots? See post #1 for permissions information.

Doug

Mike L

I always leave the Google logo visible on my screen shots? See post #1 for permissions information.

Doug

You do, but have you painted any of the screen shots? If so, how did you place the required prominent attribution?

I always mention the Google Street View origination.

Doug

Mike L

I always mention the Google Street View origination.

Doug

Where do you put it on the painting?

If sold it goes on the certificate of authenticity.

Doug

Mike L

I guess it’s different in UK/EU which often have different perspectives from US.

I’ve used Google’s US site to look for answers and it says the attribution must be “prominently displayed”, which usually means on the front of an image, but definitely on the image if anyone else but me gets to look at it whether for sale or not. This was a topic covered by my attorney visit in 2003, and the first time she told me to check with the copyright holder before plastering information onto a canvas or anything else. Which is why I’ve asked Google where to prominently (a key concept in their permission) display the attribution on a painting based on a Street View image. An answer will be even more interesting now because one of the required fields in the form is location.

They say two weeks or more for answers.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 276 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.