Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Different Strokes — Acrylics Forum Challenge for February 2021

Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Author

Michelle – love your robin!

Christel

Merriweather

Michelle,  lovely poem,  and reminds us all to look at what we have and not assume it’s better elsewhere…   Lovely robin bird… very cute.   Well done.

Cheers

Merri

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

Very nice poem, Michelle, and I like your painting of the robin.

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." - Henry David Thoreau

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library

Thanks everyone! After some searching I found out the author was Floris Clark McLaren, she had written the book I had borrowed, which was published in 1937. She was born in the US and later moved to Victoria, BC.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
        Every painting is a new adventure.

CMorpaint

Wow Michelle!  Nice poem and the little Robin is sweet.  Great detail.

Regards,
            Cindy
            C/C always welcome
            "Painting is my meditation"

rosta

Old_hobbyist:  A good illustration of the poem. I love the old man with the stick and his obvious indecision.  Nice painting.

LavenderFrost:  That’s a really nice poem and a cute robin. Lovely.

Ron

C & C always welcome

Ozeanbay – thanks so much for hosting. Great idea!

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." - Henry David Thoreau

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library

ozeanbay

Colin, I’m so glad you enjoyed it! I had no idea this challenge would be such an inspiration, but am thrilled it was. :)

….. and so we bring this month to a close on a great challenge and a fine set of paintings … thank you for the inspiration Ozean, and for hosting.

Assaf has posted the March challenge … another lovely theme for us to  get the brushes working on …. see you there!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Merriweather

Thanks so much Ozeanbay… its been a beaut challenge.

Cheers

Merri

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

ozeanbay

Merri and Maureen, I’m so glad you liked this challenge! I’m looking forward to what great paintings come in Assaf’s challenge. :)

ozeanbay

I just wanted to say “thank you” to everyone who participated in this month’s challenge. See you in the March challenge!

Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.