Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Daily Wash Thursday 30th April 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Good morning all, posting early before the site disappears for its usual morning hiatus :rolleyes:

Rain overnight but dry at the moment.

News from Char and a report from Kay lifted the gloom which had settled over me yesterday. Now we await news fro Maribeth:crossfingers: You are my online family and I am affected as if we were related.

We continue our lockdown, the trip to the pharmacy yesterday was a welcome break and helped keep the car charger.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

w/c nana8

Good morning, Doug! Trouble getting to sleep—my mom is a night owl and by the time I can get to bed, I’m not sleepy, even though I need sleep desperately!

Good news from Char about the hospital appointments. Now waiting for the results. Waiting to hear about Maribeth!

It’s so nice you were able to get out of the house, even if for an errand and no human contact. Stay safe!

I may try to read for a bit. Greetings to all coming later.

~ Carol

'We are too prone to engrave our trials on marble, and write our blessings in sand.' ~ Spurgeon
        C&C appreciated

Hi Carol. the site just came back for me.:rolleyes:

I have the same problem, Ruth is a midnight girl, I’m a 10.30 guy but I’m always away at 5 am.

Yes, good to get out, it’s a little cooler today, I may try a longer walk.

Doug

Que Sera

Good morning Doug and Carol.

Doug, we’re like you, a night owl (me) married to a lark. I slept badly last night – busy brain again – but it meant I was able to check on Char and Ted and know that they were safely home after a demanding day.

Carol, I think Maribeth mentioned that it will be two weeks before we hear news of her as her husband is not up to speed on social media. We’ll have, I think, to wait until she’s able to post herself.

Betty, what a talented granddaughter you have. Beautiful work.

For some reason my hips are really aching this morning. I could do with a change of scene, so I think today I might visit the dining room.

We’ll be clapping for carer’s and key workers tonight so I will get to see some other humans in the flesh, but from a distance. What a treat that will be!

Take care, out there, on the hill everybody.

QS

In all these things we are more than conquerors.

Hi QS :wave:

I could do with a change of scene, so I think today I might visit the dining room.

That about sums it up:rolleyes:

Getting quite breezy out there. I suppose you get lots of wind off the river where you are.

I’m watching an interesting interview with urban sketches Marc Taro Holmes at the moment, he organises to 100 people in a week sketching challenges and hows a lot of his work and discusses his technique.

Doug

Bill

Good day all,

Just passing through and going back to bed.

I woke up after a sketching dream. I was, apparently, on vacation and I sat outside the cabin sketching it’s front facade and yard. All in pencil.

Another wet day ahead, but much work to do inside.
                I’ll be in the dining room, too.:)

Later,
                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Blah day.

Glad of Chars news. Fingers crossed for good res.

Thinking of Maribeth.

Much love to all :grouphug:

JJ
                Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                MY BLOG
                My Youtube videos

doppler

Good evening all.

Beautiful day today with the promise of a cold snap probably tomorrow. Cats will be pleased. Temps might get down to 22c in the daytime and single digits at night. :eek: :lol:

We did some gardening today. WMD was my baby. Petrol long hedge trimmer thingy. Just have to stand and swing it so all good. I will mow tomorrow. Self propelling mower so shall just stumble behind. It felt really good.

Just finished watching the Orville. Not a new series but back to the beginning. Forgot how slyly funny it is.

Getting ready for sleep now. Watching The Man Who Knew Infinity, about a brilliant early twentieth century Indian mathematician. Probably will stay up even though I’ve seen it. Great tale.

Have been binge watching Lewis. I’d like to see the tally between Oxford and Midsomer. :cool:

Lockdown eases this weekend so there will be the roar of the senseless over the mountain again. Everyone is not looking forward to it.

Goodish news from Char. :thumbsup:

PS QS, when in rehab I would trundle into the bathroom for a change of view. You are insightful. :)

:wave:

Annie
                    "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                    Steven Wright
                    My Flickr Site

Good morning Bill, finally got my mojo going and did a couple of sketches of the garden from my chair. Pen and watercolour with a waterbrush. Not good but a start.

PS Hi Annie, hi Bill.

Doug

Good Morning all,

It is 6:00 a.m. here in still dark but really noisy this morning with what sounds like several birds competing to see who can sing longest and loudest. :rolleyes:

Larry went to the Base Pharmacy to pick up my prescription renewals yesterday. Poor guy sat in a line in his car for 45 minutes — there were 50+ cars in the line ahead of him. It was all done with military planning though. First you had to call ahead to make sure the prescriptions were ready for you. Then, they had people coming to the car window to see who you were and check your ID and the computer to see the prescriptions were ready. Next, these same people brought bags with the prescriptions inside out to your car and you were good to go. Kept contact between people to a minimum.

He went to the BX to pick up something he needed there and had to pay with his credit card (which he hates to do) because they weren’t accepting cash. However, at the Commissary they did. Go figure. ;)

Doug, I think your sketches are lovely. Glad you got out of the house for a while.

JJ, I’ve been enjoying your birds and flower photos too.

QS, in our house I am the lark and my DH is the night owl. Works out great because we each get our bit of private time to do whatever. :D

Annie, Glad you are getting around and tending to your little paradise now.

Char, What a l o o o o n g day for both of you yesterday, but it sounds productive. Hope things keep moving along to get Ted back to a healthier life.

:wave: to Bill, and all who are on their way.

See you later,

Sylvia

:wave: everyone,
                    A cool and wet day ahead. There’s another band of rain coming and we are still under the rainfall warning.

Brian is off today but not much can be done outside so little projects inside will have to be planned. I’m just waiting for him to wake up to pick up bagels at Tim Horton’s. That seems to be our treat when he’s home.

Maverick (my 3 year old grandson) called me yesterday. He got up from his nap and told my son he wanted to see me. They called and then Maverick took the phone and we chatted for about 10 minutes. :lol: He wanted me to show him our house. I think he wanted to be reassured that everything was still the same even though he can’t come over. I told him that when the snow melted we would put up the hammock in the yard and the boys could come over and play in the yard. We would sit on the deck (it’s on the second story) and watch them and talk to them. He was very excited. :lol:

No news right now so I’ll check back in later.

www.ellenspalette.com

doppler

Good news Ellen.

Annie
                        Steven Wright
                        My Flickr Site

Crechat39

.Morning all.
                            Rainstorm here and Its my turn to go to the supermarket. Hope there is only a little queue to go in
                            What I’m going to say might be regarded as heresy by some but I actually think Lewis was better than Morse which I’ve recently re-watched. Have you seen Endeavour. The best acting in it is done by Roger Allam and the lady who played his wife.
                            Idiots in the UK seem to be out and about. At the weekend, in the Country Park which adjoins our house there, my daughters saw big groups of people having picnics and BBQs.
                            The local paper here prints tales of people who are not conforming to Macron’s regulations. The latest one being of a lady in a car with her French husband. He ad his attestation filled in to be checked by the Gendarme. She didn’t think she needed one. After all she was Dutch !!!

doppler

Chechat, agree. Morse was tedious. Lewis is good. Have watched Endevour or how ever the hell you spell it after bay leaves, agree that his boss was more interesting. Well he didn’t listen to high opera whilst thinking. Lewis doesn’t either. Hathaway prefers rocks. He rocks.

We have one more day before stupidity migrates uphill with picnic hampers and loud exhausts and interesting and decorative things to do with plastic bottles and fast food wrappers.

BTW the film I’m watching is enough to make you bomb Oxford. I forgot.

Annie
                                Steven Wright
                                My Flickr Site

Marshall

Good morning to all. :grouphug: to those who may need it.

Stormed overnight and still raining lightly here. Was up at 3:00AM with a scared Golden Retriever. Finally back to bed then up again at 6:30. I’m tired and it looks like a long day ahead.

Our Governor will begin opening some things up again on Monday. Restaurants and stores will be allowed to open at 25% occupancy but social distancing will still be required. Miami and it’s neighboring counties will not reopen yet as they were the biggest hotspots in the state.

Morning Doug. I would love your opinion on the Procreate book. I was doing some sketching yesterday and kept getting a cryptic error. Finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I will purchase it sometime next month. I wish I was good enough to sketch my garden like that. I’m not happy with my Procreate sketch I did yesterday as it looks too soft or out of fucus. But that is why we practice. :wink2:

Hi JJ. I hope your day gets better than just “Blah”.

Morning Sylvia. The BX/PX are privately owned enterprises while the Commissary is government owned and that may be the difference in accepting cash. Or at least that is the way it was in my day (early ’80s).

I hope you can see the grandkids soon Ellen. That must be tough. 3 of my kids are weathering the storm with us and the youngest daughter has been here once or twice. She has very limited exposure to people.

Char, glad things went pretty well yesterday. Sounds like a long day.

Hi Crechat and :wave: to all those who will come later.

God be with you ’till we meet again.

Marshall
                                    Living the retired life in NE Florida

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.