Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting As the Oily Rag Burns…….2020

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Hi Derek, Hi

Greg!….glad you made it back Greg. Don’t envy the cleaning that much..look forward to when you can paint again!

still pretty much painting a lot here, still locked down, and of course now riots every night!

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

moscatel

Becca, you are still locked down? We are not now and today was the day the government removed all other little restrictions. But we still keep cautious in public places and wash and desinfect hands just to be sure. Oh, how can there be riots if you have lock down there?

Grotius, this channel worries me too although I’m thinking of taking a little summer break from forums and social media just to ‘charge batteries’ and to find my imagination again to paint.   Do you still plan to go to Plein Air Easton?

!becca

Yes, still locked down…nothing is open here yet, still social distancing and stay in place orders…that is part of what is fueling the riots..they have nothing else to do, are tired of being home and of course the social issues of recent no doubt fuelled by social media…they are out through the middle of the night esp…lots of explosions, fires, shouting and sirens…right in my neighbourhood…I am sympathetic to the racial issues, but not the destruction…many many people who have no reason to be harmed have been.  It is disheartening. And I think the violence will largely hurt the cause more than help.

as for the lockdown, will likely not ease for another month…at least

seems many are thinking of social media breaks right now…think there has been social media overload for many with the situation of late.

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
                Becca's Fine Art

Dcam
                    !becca

Alright!

Becca's Fine Art

RogueRipple

The forums seem pretty dead now. Very few new posts. I had trouble getting logged in because I still had an old email address in my profile. It literally to me three weeks of dealing with customer support to get my email changed so I could reset my password. If others had that issue, some may have given up.

- Kelvin

"Things fall apart, it's scientific." - David Byrne

!becca

True, it is not the same site any more.

Becca's Fine Art

Grotius

Yep, not the same.  I don’t check it as often now.  I find it kind of hard to read.  Something about the font, layout, and background.

Edit: Also, I’m still unable to PM stapeliad (Jessica).  (I want to ask her to sticky my oil-from-life thread for July.)  I know others have successfully PMd her, but the site always tells me that stapeliad is an invalid user name.  Jessica, if you happen to see this, could you PM me so that I could use “reply” to communicate in the future?

- Geoff.
                                    My website and blog: https://www.geoffwatsonart.com/

!becca

Just to let you know Geoff,. I can PM Jess, but didn’t bother this time for the WOYE thread…I never heard from her last time and by now, I think she knows the routine

Becca's Fine Art

!becca

My head is spinning!!!!  WT* has happened to our site??!!!

Becca's Fine Art

Grotius

You said it, !becca.  Things are not looking good here.

- Geoff.
                                                My website and blog: https://www.geoffwatsonart.com/

moscatel

Grotius, I haven’t been painting plein air or other stuff from life lately so I don’t have anything new to post to the ‘oil-from-life’ thread. I’m recovering slowly from a knee injury.

Becca, do you like this new WC? I find it difficult to navigate and find things.

Hey Greg Hey Becca, Just saw Jessica over in the oils forum….things are looking up.

Hi!! :bye:

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                                                    Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

I have never gotten a new PM on this new site. :(

I’m wondering if the problem is because my username is actually stapeliad Moderator oils, pastels, plein air now which is beyond stupid but there is no more staff designation field in profiles.

…. I cannot send a PM, says invalid username but I even copied/pasted it. :(

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.