Home Forums The Town Center Café Guerbois Artistic goals for 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

What are your artistic goals for the new year?

empty

Kmart

I made a new indoor studio, and have been working on two 36×48” paintings. I guess my resolution is to spend more time in the studio. I normally paint plein air, and never really enjoyed painting in the studio.
        the main resolution that I keeps from last year was to have more fun and not be so critical of my own work. Maybe I’ve been painting long enough to where I can just say to heck with it haha.

what is yours? Happy new year!

My resolution is to start painting again after a very lean year.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

maryinasia

I may or may not start charging for commissions. I may or may not audit an art class at a local college. I do plan to finish a painting of my youngest grandnephew.  I may or may not do a large watercolor with funky borders between point of interest and background for entering in an exhibit. I do plan to join my sister in painting on Saturday mornings. I hope to start teaching art again. I hope to have painting parties again after Covid or outside in the spring. I plan to continue sketching during dialysis.

Triduana

I did very little last year so I need to get my sense of creativity back. Sadly I’ve lost my painting space as I have to work from home and needed to set up a home office, so I’ll be doing a lot of sketching fom life instead (never a bad thing). I started a botanical sketchbook a while ago that I want to continue with. I have a picture I spent over 20 hours on at the start of the year and haven’t touched since March, and I really need to get it finished.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

BeLing

I normally paint plein air, and never really enjoyed painting in the studio.

I’m the exact opposite! I so envy those who can sit down, enjoy a scene, and then go home with a nice oil painting. Mine are always so awful it may take days of studio work to make them passable; or decide to trash.

But our little group has a plein air day scheduled; for whenever the COVID restrictions allow it.

I like and use so many mediums that I never know which one is going to take me where so i dont’ know what to work on though I could use work in many areas.

I do think once things are clear with covid (i’m in a hot zone right now and I’m highrisk) I’ll see about getting more involved locally with the arts.

I want to get back to writing in my blog too. Even if no one reads it, I enjoy doing it and I think I need to for my own sanity.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                    Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

I’ve going to take five video courses on drawing.  :)

While I’m doing this my plan is to take a break from big projects, but I’ll come back to doing what I’ve been doing after these courses are done.  Hopefully my bigger projects will be much improved.  :)

Learning to see all the colours in nature, and enjoying every moment of it! :)

BeLing

Use up old art supplies.

maryinasia

love that goal!

That’s a good one BeLing, I need to do that as well.

Find me on Instagram
                            Find me on Facebook

sbalderrama

I’ve given myself a printmaking challenge to do a print a week for a year.  The plan is to play with all the printmaking processes.

I am in the process of getting my own studio. It’s only been 30 years of waiting to have a dedicated painting space!

There are still many steps to go before this is achieved- but the shed is built in the back yard for my husband to move his motorbikes into so that I can set up in the double garage that is part of the house. I plan to paint it all white and am now pricing some flooring options. I am going for “fun art-gallery/teaching space” vibe.

bethany
                                moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
                                website www.bethanyart.com
                                My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

Snow_tabby

I’ve going to take five video courses on drawing. :) While I’m doing this my plan is to take a break from big projects, but I’ll come back to doing what I’ve been doing after these courses are done. Hopefully my bigger projects will be much improved. :)

I’m the same way regarding blogging. If someone looks or comments, good if not that’s alright too. I still share there or Twitter. Doesn’t matter.  Still good.

The printmaking sounds interesting, our printing forum is pretty quiet but I would love to see you post that there.
                                    I need to do more printmaking myself. I have a bunch of ink that needs using.

Bethany that’s wonderful! Congratulations!

Its funny since I wrote that, I’ve actually had quite a few views and by that I mean like 6 lol.
                                    I updated it today bc my dog that passed away was of course the titular purple dog.

I have patterns I made too for little woolly animals that I want to put on there too.

Find me on Instagram
                                    Find me on Facebook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.