Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink An invitation to post your P&I sketches, doodles, scratchings and scribbles …….

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 858 total)
  • Author
    Blah

Webinar – 17th Oct 2020
        I was attending a webinar  and I suddenly realised that I had some captive models whom I could sketch while listening to the discussions. This is with pen and ink and was sketched into a 5″ x 8.5″ notebook.

Portrait Sketch 181020
        This is a pen and ink sketch that I did while listening to a lecture the next morning, using an image on my computer screen as a model. I find that I enjoy “killing two birds with one stone”. The sketch is approximately 5″ x 8″ on notebook paper.

These are so good Balaji …. the expressions of the ‘workers?’ are priceless! The portrait is excellent.

I envy you this ability to concentrate on two things at once …. with drawing and painting, I cannot listen to music or conversation, I just zone out! Listening and mundane tasks I can do!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

student01

NSFW

Student01…I am fascinated by your first post and I wish I could turn the image in all directions to view the images better.

I am pleased that you find it intereting. Here is another one.contains nudity

That’s another wild, imaginative drawing Student! …. some good drawing there.

I’ve  added NSFW to your post …. in the absence of a butt icon, it’s the only thing we have to warn viewers who may find nudity offensive.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Blah

My sketching friends have been meeting online to sketch together for the last 10 months. The timing does not suit me and therefore I have joined on only very few occasions. Today they were visiting Ellora Caves (online of course) and I joined them towards the very end of a two hour session. I managed to do this quick sketch with a chisel marker pen in about 10 minutes, and spent a few more minutes after the meeting to do some fine point shading. It was good to do some sketching together again.

Virtual visit sketching sounds good!

I like the freshness of this quick sketch … worth doing, definitely!

Cheers, Maureen

Blah

Thank you Maureen.

IsobelW

Two portraits. The man was done with a brush and ink. Like the lines, but the brush

Is really hard to use( and I have quite shaky hands :lol: ) The other was done with fine liners.

IsobelW

Here are the sketches

Attachments:
                            You must be logged in to view attached files.

You really brought character to that first one Isobel …. and the second looks rather sad, pensive.

Nice work on both.

Cheers, Maureen

Blah

I like both Isobel, but I like the first one more.

Blah

It has been nearly 2 months since I sketched, painted, or posted any new artwork anywhere. Yesterday I felt the urge to sketch something, never mind what. I also wanted to play with colours. And so, I sketched a bit with my Rorito Maxtron gel pen (which costs less than a dollar), painted a bit with leftover dried up watercolours on my palette, and coloured a bit using watercolour crayons, and ended up with this.

This is a fort or castle in France and has figured in several movies. I recall one of them very vividly. It was “The Vikings” starring Tony Curtis and Kirk Douglas and was one of my favourite movies in the late 1950s, when I was just entering my teens.

You scratched an itch and came up with this …. it’s lovely Balaji and obviously brought up good memories too ….. ah!  Kirk and Tony, nice!😃

Cheers, Maureen

Windmill

First project completed been away for about seven years……………..
                                        comments critic help always

Sometimes its better to listen.......than to talk

Blah

Windmill, I’m unable to see your image. Have you posted it?

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 858 total)
                                          • The topic ‘An invitation to post your P&I sketches, doodles, scratchings and scribbles …….’ is closed to new replies.