Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 16 February 2020 – Kettlewell

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Triduana

Thanks Connie for the images this weekend. :)

I chose the image of Kettlewell as it’s in one of my favourite parts of the world. I also attempted the challenge. What I like about trying another artist’s style is that that it never looks like their style to me and it never looks like mine either – something completely different usually happens.

I used coloured pencils. Not my favourite medium but I thought they’d suit the style I was going for. It isn’t quite Fern Coppedge but I had fun with the shapes. I had trouble getting darks so I’ve tweaked the colours a bit. It took about an hour.

Thanks for looking. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

I think you did a splendid job on this one, Kay, as it all flows together using the CPs.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Different but a nice take on the scene. For Kettlewell scenes look at the various Get-Together threads in Palette Talk including this one from Kettlewell 2008.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Lovely, Kay!

Christel

dupliKate

Lovely gentle scene.

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
            ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
            http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

eyepaint

Whee! Reminds me somewhat of a visit to Oxford England many many years ago….

-- EP Moderator for:
                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Scotkatidid

Wonderful Kay, looks like an illustration for a storybook!🤗

Thanks for looking, Kate
                    My Bloghttp://www.katescott40.blogspot.ca/
                    Two roads diverged in a wood and I, took the one less traveled by... Robert Frost

tyree

this is gorgeous Kay…love all those beautiful shapes !

tyree :clap:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

artastic

This a wonderful drawing, could be a book illustration

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                            http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

123harry

There’s a fresh, outdoors feel to this, very appropriate for the subject. The stylisation of the shapes, the trees in particular, works well. You can imagine pushing it further…..

C&C always welcome.
                                Instagram harry.hamill

Helen

Very nice…

"I get up, I walk, I fall down, meanwhile I keep on dancing." Hillel

ConnieT

Sorry to be so late in commenting. I saw this just before the flood hit my apartment, and I loved it so much but couldn’t get my comment down until now. Really, it is a wonderful response to the challenge. And I love your comment: “What I like about trying another artist’s style is that it never looks like their style to me and it never looks like mine either – something completely different usually happens.” So well said, Kay!

The way you have portrayed all of the elements is just beautiful, totally in the spirit of Impression and with Fern in mind. Choosing colored pencils was so right-on. I’m really glad you had fun!

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

SAndypp

Wow everything is nicely placed and your simplification of the General shapes help give it structure and strong composition. Very pleasing to look at.
                                            Well done
                                            Sandy.

Rundun

Love this piece,Imelda

This a wonderful drawing, could be a book illustration

My thoughts exactly; love the illustrative look!

Wendy C&C always welcome
                                                Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.