Home Forums Explore Subjects Inspirational Art Gen 22 – Ram in Thicket

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    FrankM

Thanks to @Johndk for suggesting I post this image here – I was not aware of this channel – thanks, John!

This painting is based on a sermon series following the life of Abraham called “Stepping Out.” This particular message focused on Gen 22 when God provided the ram in place of Isaac.

Thanks for any helpful C&C!
        Frank

FrankM

Johndk

Simply brilliant – inspired!!

As long as there is light, I will paint it.

IfanJones

A quite remarkable depiction of an aspect of the history of Abraham and Isaac that’s often relegated to secondary importance in other paintings, yet to Christians is of the utmost significance. I mean, of course, the way the event prefigured the greatest ever sacrifice of a son, that of Jesus Christ at Calvary many years later. All is brought out in your work – the ram (akin to a lamb) obviously represents the man whom John the Baptist called “The Lamb of God”, the thicket stands for the Crown of Thorns, while in the terrified creature’s eye we see a reflection of the Cross.

I cannot praise this painting enough – it is absolutely superb.

jonc50

Nice work on the ram!

pa-paw

Nice one, Frank!:) :) :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pa-paw/
                        [FONT=Calibri]Photography and Art Work

PAH

Yes, it sure is a very thought provoking piece of artwork. I like it very much too.

Have been waiting a long time to see a painting like this one. It conveys a truth about unconditional sacrifice. Here, the ram came from God/Truth, and it is willing to sacrifice itself for what is true.

jocko500

yes this is good as this is how Abraham saw the Ram as he was getting it out of the brush

ideas is like the stars in Heaven, just grab one and hang on and if it do not work out grab another one:)

ArthurLa

Yes I would call this inspirational!

The Lord is my shepherd

Delsol

So lovely! I did not see the ram at first, such soft and subtle shapes, colors – but then read the description, and… suddenly… there it was!  Beautiful.   Most of my history/resonances have been in Eastern religions, but I am currently enrolled in a Bible/New Testament study group soaking it all in.  Your beautiful painting inspires me to read and explore its inspiration.  Well done!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.