Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 27 March Pomegranates still life WIP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

On tan sketch paper 4.5×6.5 using STA Lictin 0.1 ink pen, about 15 minutes doing these. I’ll add color tomorrow using :confused: not sure what medium :lol:
    so stay tuned…

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Clea

I already like the abstract shapes of your drawing! I think some high chroma would be good, maybe acrylics?

Great start! Are you asking for suggestions on medium? Op’s will work fine:angel:

Christel

Marochette

Your drawing is good! I wait for the end of this painting…

TMalim

Very good drawing! Look forward to see when color is added.

C & C Welcome!

I painted some similar ones 4 years ago using watercolor, CPs, watercolor CPs, and Derwent Inktense with great results but that was in a Strathmore Visual Journal for mixed media. This thin toned brown paper may be a problem.

Here is the old one:

Kay

eyepaint

Yay!

Ordinarily I’d suggest super juicy reds dropped in from far above but since this seems like paper that doesn’t like juicy wetness I guess it needs….. a few red pen/ink marks in a few sections? That B&W with a bit of red style? Zentangle approach for filling in sections?

-- EP Moderator for:
                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

lisilk

I really like the drawing. Can’t wait to see where you go with it.

C & C Always Welcome My RIL Images My Art and Photos[/URL]

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker

I took Christel’s advice and used her fave medium, oil pastels. All I have is a set of 12 Portfolio brand watersoluble. About 30 more minutes. Pretty bad :crying:
                        C&C welcome :cat:

Kay

ConnieT

Sometimes I imagine that we don’t see our own work as others do, and this is an instance. I think this painting is marvelous. The composition is great, the fruits and leaves are wonderfully done, and the shadow complements and sets off the subjects nicely.

However, since you mention C&C here, I would just say that the contrast between the shadow and the table is perhaps too much, it fights with the “main event.” I’m not skilled enough to know how to change that, but if you agree, I imagine you will know.

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

CoalTip

Greens and Reds comes together very well. I love the creation process from sketching to painting. The different styles of painting Pomegranates are attractive in their own ways. the oil pastels colors stands out and more striking to me. Love them!

Critics & Comments Always Welcome
                                SketchBooks[2014[/B]][/SIZE] [2015[/B]][/SIZE]

Heliosart

A gorgeous comp! I love the vibrant colours and what you’ve achieved with OPs. This is definitely not an easy medium for details.

tyree

gorgeous ! love the colour and wonderful shadows !

tyree :wave:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

bjcpaints

Looks so delicious!!!! Wonderful work (as usual)!

Barbara
                                            "Painting is an attempt to come to terms with life. There are as many solutions as there are human beings."
                                            George Tooker 1920 - 2011

Thanks for the kind comments and critique. Let me jump back into watermedia and I’d know how to fix this LOL.

Kay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.