Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub The Shutterbug Pub, Tuesday, 11 February, 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Good day, everyone.

I’m still using the old Canon; waiting for a replacement filter for the D7500 to come in.

The Canon does a pretty good job, but I’ve noticed that it amps up the color saturation a bit, as this shot taken yesterday shows…

[Canon PowerShot SX60HS with 3.8-247mm zoom @ 75.8mm, shutter priority, 1/800 sec, f/5.6, ISO 200, PSCS5]

Have a great day!

Good morning, Dave. You are up early this morning..
        Are you shooting in raw with the Canon? If not, you can expect that the camera would enrich the originals. But I remember from my photo club people talking about Canons and how they always produced better color photos than other cameras.

Getting up soon to take a walk to the little city park. Today is market day.

Be back later with a pic to add to your cheerful floral shot with the bee, Dave. Thanks for starting things up for us.

Lorell

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

Yeah, up early – only about 4 hours of sleep. I foresee a long nap this afternoon.

The Canon doesn’t shoot RAW; just high resolution JPG. I imagine that there is a default algorithm that makes colors a bit more vivid and probably also does some initial sharpening.

Don

Good morning Dave and Lorell. Nice bee photo Dave… you can see the pollen sac on the leg quite nicely. Looking forward to some market photos Lorell.

I stayed out too late last night and had to get up this morning to take DS to work as his car is in the shop. One of the few mornings I probably could have slept in until at least 0700 otherwise.

The songwriter competition finals were fun but the light was low. I had to shoot with ISO ranging from 4000 to 6500. Plus getting the white balance with the multitude of different colored lights was problematic. Overall though the photos turned out OK.

Here are a few shots. First two are of my 2 friends that were in the finals. They both got honorable mentions (but unfortunately no prize money). The third photo is of the 3 winners. I heard some excellent songs last night though.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                Immortalized forever
                With silver and light"

Quint

Dave, I keep my little point & shoot in my pickup. It’s a Nikon P60 with electronic as well as optical viewfinder. Always there in a pinch. Only miss the lack of RAW.
                    Don, those are my kind of concerts. Sweet music indeed.
                    Hi, Lorell.

Quint Nikon Coolpix 990, Nikon Coolpix P60, Nikon D7000, Nikkor, 35/f1.8, Nikkor 18-140, Nikon SB700 Speedlight.

damar

Dave that bee is just surrounded in beautiful color!
                        My little Nikon D50 (mid 2000s) had almost over-saturated color
                        by default too.
                        Always looks good in flowers.

Don, I knew you would get some good photos!
                        We can see the assorted colored lights in all the shiny objects.
                        You did good with the processing.
                        I would not consider higher ISO noise a problem with stage shots.
                        I think a bit of grainy looks good.
                        These look good.
                        I pretty much shoot in auto WB and let the camera figure out the
                        temperature!

Speaking of temperatures…it hit 68°F here today.

Travelers Rest
                        Built in 1815

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
                        Photos are ©2021

Looks like a lot of fun, Don. About how many contestants were there to start the competition? I can’t imagine thinking up lyrics let alone a melody that hasn’t been recorded already. It has got to be a real challenge, at least for me it would be.

Like Patty said, your photos came out fine but I bet they don’t look anything like the visions of the ones you had in your head when you were on your way to the event. You had the right equipment, but it’s not like the artists were on stage at a concert with the big bright lights and plain black background or a drummer or other cool acoustical equipment/backdrops. I will cut some slack for you for having a fire door and fire extinguisher as part of the backdrop. You did good.

Patty,
                        Get out the sunscreen, time to sit on your back porch an soak up some vitamin D. What a cool house (?) . It is huge. Are there people living in it? I wonder how many boards have been replaced on it. It really looks like it is in good shape.

Yesterday we ate at Duffy’s Irish Pub, known for their good burgers and ice cold beer.

No photo of either here, but I do have these to share:

Inside

Outdoor patio

Cool license plates throughout the whole tavern, some that you saw yesterday.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Rich

Dave,
                            The bee shot is spectactular! Well done! Noice crisp focus on the bee and good color all around!

Hi Lorell! :wave:

Don, well done photos with the low stage lighting.

Hello Steve! :wave:

Patty,
                            Another wonderful building! Love the front porch!

Enjoy your temps…32 here today below zero tomorrow!

Here is nice living in the Panama Canal zone!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                            Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
                            Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Rich

Lorell, we cross posted.

Neat place. At one time you said you had the jitters when doing candid street/people photography. Looks like you are getting better! Haven’t seen a SD plate yet!

I am partial to Irish Pubs. As part of the SD Magnificent 7, we prefer Waxy’s though! We will go in others if no Waxy’s is available.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                                Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify

Hi Steve, I pulled out my point and shoot today when we went out to lunch and a guy that had been talking to us remarked how you don’t see many people using cameras these days. I told him that I don’t have a smart phone and he said, “good for you”.

Hey Rich,
                                Wow is that plush. Were you on the ship when you took this photo or is from when you went on a side trip during your cruise? That really is a beautiful spot.

Don

Looks like you are having quiet the time in Florida Lorell.

Patty, that building looks to be in good shape for having been built in 1815!

I will cut some slack for you for having a fire door and fire extinguisher as part of the backdrop.

The “stage” was a platform about 4′ by 4′ and about 6 to 8 inches tall. Not much to work with. I did no editing other than cropping, lighting and trying to get rid of some of the noise. There were 12 finalists and the organizer wanted the photos ASAP so she could post on social media.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                                    Immortalized forever
                                    With silver and light"

Rich

Hey Rich,
                                        Wow is that plush. Were you on the ship when you took this photo or is from when you went on a side trip during your cruise? That really is a beautiful spot.

Yes, from the balcony of my stateroom. Just out of the canal heading to the Pacific. Looked like they had to use the boats to get over to the mainland, didn’t see a road.

Anonymous

Hi all. As usual, nice photos in this Daily.

Sorry, I’m too tired to comment individually. But I thank those who commented on my bee photo.

Lorell, to answer a question you asked a day or two ago – my ankle is fine. But in this second day after my clumsy fall, I am aching all over.

The good news is that I replaced the protective filter for the Nikon today. They even examined everything to make sure no other damage was done, and they spent some time removing any small particles of glass that had settled on the lens.

Time for a couple of aspirin and a long nap. As Arnold said, “Aahl be baahk.

Anonymous

Dave if you see this I sent you a PM on Canon PowerShot SX60HS settings.

Greenhill

Dave, it’s good to break out the old kit now and then, your Powershot captured the bee very well, and I do agree that the saturation is a tad high.

Don, I like your songwriter set a lot, and wow, ISO4000-6500 – if I tried that with the Oly you wouldn’t hear the music for noise! Your Z6 did a great job under difficult lighting. And hey,what a hoot for the winners, they went home with a hundred bucks each!

Patty, in spite of its age, that solid looking old Inn looks in pretty good shape.

Lorell, that quirky Irish pub looks like a congenial spot for a burger and beer! The licence plates add to the ambience of the place, although a publican could not get the licence plates to do that here as they must be handed in to the police or to motor registry once a vehicle becomes unregistered.

Rich
                                                    , you do wind up in some nice places – and good to see that the cartel ain’t gotcha yet!

MY FLICKR
                                                    OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                                                    The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.