WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watermedia
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#181   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-22-2012, 05:34 PM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States
Re: ~~~Watering Hole~~~ February, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faafil
Yeah, I've called my DH an a$$ more than a few times

Ha! I was complaining that Nick the mule was really being stubborn, and hubby said, hmmmm, what is that expression? Stubborn as a WHAT? His stubbornness is what caused his first owner to totally lose patience with him and beat on him until he was blind. we are going to have to try to lure him into the garden at the same time we get a vet over to knock him out so a ferries has a chance to trim his hooves.

A beautiful day spent waiting for roto-rooter to unclog the downstairs loo....I did take the basset for a walk and bought groceries. We are so thrilled to have a really grocery store in town now, we go by almost daily, not having to buy for the whole week.

Brenda that is a heck of a scar....she may not want it when she starts to wear a bikini, so you can put vitimen E on it....it will help it fade. Is her mom feeling guilty for not noticing it sooner? Or did it just seem swell up suddenly? Our dear friend Maggie who lost her 3 year old to brain cancer said the dr. Totally missed it until she insisted on a cat scan. The dr. Thought it was the usual ear infections, colds, and such. Maggie got the clinic to post Early Warning signs for cancer in children.
  #182   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-23-2012, 05:23 AM
Veteran Member
Nr. Congleton, South Cheshire

Hails from United Kingdom

Morning all!

Busy for the next few days, stewarding at the art exhibition today and tomorrow, trying to fit in a visit to my parents at the same time. So nothing new going on here for a few days.

Brenda I'm do glad your little GD is recovering quickly, I pray that the chemo won't be too debilitating for her and that the outcome is good. I had a scar that big when I was a child too, from a burst appendix (age 2!) when I grew up, the scar became smaller as I grew larger, so by my 20s it was hardly noticable.

Hi to everyone else, hope you have a good day whatever you're doing!
  #183   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-23-2012, 11:59 AM
A Local Legend
Northern Arizona

Hails from United States

'morning everyone!

Just a quick breeze through as the furnace installer will be here today and I still need to clean out a cupboard. They have to run some pipe for this furnace through the laundry room....

B, hope the chemo goes well for Katie today! That's one heck of a scar, but it does appear to be healing very well...

Linda, isn't it nice to just be able to run to the store whenever you want? poor Nick - that just makes my blood pressure skyrocket when I hear about people who abuse animals - I'd like to beat on that person for a while and see how they like it... I'm glad there are people like you to rescue them...

JayJay, have a great visit with your parents and at the exhibit!!

Azure, how's your leg, hope you're still pain free! Did your plant survive the frost? I still need to find the name of the one we have here - I may end up taking a cutting to the garden center and ask them...

Well, time for me to get a wiggle on - waving to Shirl, Jackie, Ona, Kay, Doug and everyone else - have a creative day!

Mary Lou - Fountain Valley, CA
My Reference Photos
"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
  #184   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-23-2012, 12:40 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Citrus Heights, CA

Hails from United States

Morning All, WC is running a little slow for me again today, so hopefully this will post...

Doug, I like and use the 4&1/2 inch size tiles mostly..Really easy to display or mount..I gave my DD some and she is now making me, my very own collection of each of the flowers she is learning to paint... She has also started to add butterfly's and dragonfly's to them..Can't believe how good she has gotten so quickly!!..Like a duck to water... When I'm at Lowe's next, I'll get her some glass ones to play with..maybe I'll get that new back-splash yet

Brenda, good to see Katie looking so good...Her skin color looks really good! I'll hold her in my thought and prayers that today go's well for her
..I have to be very careful what type of exercise I do, cause sometimes in my exuberance to make it better..I in fact make it worse..Mostly have to wait till the inflammation go's down and the trapped nerve gets released...

Hay Mary Lou...a new furnace is good..even better when you're not the one paying for it...Have fun picking out new colors and all, I'd go for wood floors threw out except maybe for the bedrooms if I could do that here...

Linda, thats so sad what happened to Nick Hope he can understand that things have changed so much for him now... Maybe you need a Mule Whisperer

Hi JayJay, have fun at the exhibition..hope you sell lots more

Well I need to go and get ready for my DS..He will be in tomorrow morning early for the weekend and don't want to be doing house stuff while he's here...If the weather holds, we'll do a BBQ on Saturday

Hi Shirl, Kay, Ona, Jackie and All..

Azure
  #185   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-23-2012, 02:10 PM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Brenda thinking of Katie! Please let us know how the chemo went!

Mary Lou so do you have any clearer idea when you will be moving? My hubby would not be able to do that king of shopping and planning. He is a one repair at a time guy! Today was the roto rooter guys who failed to show yesterday.

Azure you are such a patient grandmother, your GD is so lucky to have you in her life! Are you still considering moving?

Jay jay good point about the scar when you grow! It does look like they did a good job!

Howdy Doug! I am reading about Ayuvedics now and made a couple of dishes last night....mostly edible!

Ona more Congrads in order for you! One lady at our prayer shawl meeting said that she had a friend with Lupis, and her diet really helped her. She thinks she omitted anything in the nightshade family, but she is going to ask her.
  #186   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-23-2012, 04:24 PM
A Local Legend
Northern Arizona

Hails from United States

Well, is it just me or is anyone else *not* getting thread updates?? I'm not getting any!! Arrrgggghhhh, who knows what the technocrats are doing this time...

Linda, it looks like we have a final move date of June 15th. We were going to try to make it before the end of May, (so not to pay rent here for another month), but since the contract is through the middle of June, it will be just easier to stay here. We'll give the landlord a 45 day notice on May 1st.

We're going to go back in March to have all the painting done, then new flooring in April. We decided to wait on new counter-tops until after we move in - it shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience, and we'd rather be there while that work is done.

The *plan* is to move most everything over there in May, and then just leave a bed and basics here for the first two weeks of June. The bed we're leaving here is going to be thrown out anyway. That way the majority of the move will be done, and all we'll have to do is drive our cars over there when it's time to turn off the lights and lock the doors.

I was checking pricing on movers if we have them do the full move, it will be $2,000!! If we hire movers here to load the truck, drive a rental truck ourselves, and hire movers on the other end to unload, it will save us $1,000. Guess which plan we're going with! At least we're starting to get a plan.

Furnace installer is almost done - he's been here 3 1/2 hours and it's going pretty smoothly....

My Reference Photos
"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
  #187   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 PM
A Local Legend
Brownsville TX "On the Border, By the Sea"

Hails from United States

I'm not getting any. It's gone from bad to worse to nonexistent.
  #188   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-23-2012, 11:04 PM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

I am not getting updates either!

Shirl I am hooked on Army Wives, and even watched Sister Wives ! rather eye-opening.

Mary Lou sounds like a great moving plan, what are you doing with all your business stuff? I would likely save it all just in case you can do something like it again. Then there is the phone booth, you gotta keep that right?
  #189   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 PM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

I had a very nice post done and while finishing it up, my internet connection just went capooey.
Katie had a great first chemo treatment. She met a little girl named Sunny who is having chemo for leukemia. She also ordered some "hair" to go under her chemo caps (not sure exactly what that means ) Katie has brown, curly hair and she ordered blonde, straight hair. I guess we women start at a very young age to want what we don't have. I finished her a darling hat this morning. It's pale pink and it is crocheted in the "blossom" style -- a floppy brim that is folded up in front with a crocheted flower tacked on to hold the brim up. I then sewed a HUGE cut glass, faceted pale pink bead to the center of the flower. SOOOOO cute!!

Linda,
I get as upset when I hear about animal cruelty as I do child abuse! Poor Nick!!! But, he's got a good home now!! Katie's surgeon was pleased as punch with his sewing. . .says she won't have much of a scar and it will fade as she gets older.

JayJay,
My sister's appendix burst when she was 6 and my DH's burst when he was 12. My sister's scar is hardly there . . DH's looks like he was shot in the gut with a double barrel shotgun.

ML,
You are going to be one busy little packer and mover!! How fun to start with a blank canvas -- I know what you mean about too many choices. . .I've done that twice prior to moving into new homes and actually would lose sleep trying to figure out colors etc.

Azure,
Ooops - I wasn't clear at all!! The stretches for the sciatic are PREVENTATIVE exercises. Don't do anything that hurts until your pain is gone. I do these stretches 2 to 3 times a week and that keeps mine from acting up. If I go for a month or two without doing them, I get a very painful reminder!

We leave in the morning for our Deacon's Retreat in Ventura. . .I'll probably not pop in before we leave. We'll be home Sat night.
to all who follow and wishing EVERYONE a very good Friday and Saturday!!
  #190   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-24-2012, 09:42 AM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Brenda I am so happy her first chemo went so well! I was afraid she would not understand why she had to do it, etc. but making a friend sure helps! I hope her friend recovers completely too! You need a retreat I am sure!

Cool weather blew in again....all the critters woke up early!

I started eating according to my Ayurvedic type, and my digestion is leaps and bounds better! I was having extreme issues with it, and had IBSEN since I was 20, which I largely ignored.
  #191   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado

Hails from United States

Good morning/afternoon. The past few days have been busy but I think I'm mostly caught up.

Linda, I tried Ayurvedic approach to my Restless Leg problem and it helped a little. The oil they had me using gave initial release but didn't sustain through the night. It is a very interesting approach to holistic medicine. I'll have to look at it from a diet perspective.

Azure, I have my first tile designed an almost all sketeched out. The second just needs a few details worked out. I'm doing the artwork to accomodate a 6 inch tile but haven't decided for sure. The instructor things 6 and use to make a small table or a square tray or just frame. She likes the concept. The final artwork will be a 14x14 square on Mylar. This is going to take forever to color.

Doug
  #192   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-24-2012, 02:34 PM
A Local Legend
Northern Arizona

Hails from United States

Happy Friday!

The new furnace is in and it works like a charm! Wow, what a difference in the air flow - too bad we won't be able to enjoy it during a winter...

Shirl, it has gone from bad to worse, to nonexistent on thread updates - good golly when will they ever get it right??? How's Pearl doing??

Waving to B as she's off on her trip - have fun! You're so right - too many choices, and the fear of making the wrong one! I've been scouring magazines and websites for ideas.... I kind of know what I want, just need to make a decision pretty soon. Which reminds me, I need to run to Ikea - I found a ceiling light online for the kitchen that looks cute and uses LED bulbs, but need to make sure it will provide enough light - there's track lighting in there now, and it is Ugly with a capital U.

Linda, the business stuff will mostly be sold - DH is going to sell his payphone route here. We thought about trying to run it from over there, but the cost of driving back here every 6 weeks, getting a room, etc., plus long distance phone charges for polling the phones will pretty much negate any profit. He's got an interested buyer, all they need to do is negotiate a price that works for both of them. LOL - the phone booth - hope we can find a buyer for that one, because we don't have any room for it there!

Azure, I thought about laminate for some rooms, but DH has put the kabosh on that; so it will be a nice cushy vinyl for the kitchen, bath and laundry, and carpet everywhere else. I'm still on the plan for an orange/tangerine kitchen with white cupboards and black appliances - hope it doesn't end up looking like Halloween! The good thing is that there won't be a lot of orange, and if I don't like it, it won't take much to change it. Have a great visit with your DS!

JayJay, how's the exhibition going? Any more sales??

Doug, how's the tile class coming along? Have you rec'd confirmation on a trip to Irvine yet?

Ona, Jackie, Kay, what's happenin' in your part of the world?

Time for me to get busy - hugs and waves to everyone - have a creative day!

My Reference Photos
  #193   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2012, 10:09 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faafil
...Shirl, it has gone from bad to worse, to nonexistent on thread updates - good golly when will they ever get it right??? How's Pearl doing?? ...
Well, I got a ton of the overnight type of updates yesterday at 6 pm and then again at midnight. But still no instant updates. Maybe someone will respond to this post and I'll see if that's working.

Pearl is doing ok. She is being kind of picky eating, but it may be because I gave her the remains of some beef stew the other day and now she wants the good stuff...
  #194   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2012, 11:45 AM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Shirl I bet Pearl wants more beef stew!

Mary Lou we had horrible lighting in the kitchen for 21 years....the light could not get past the log beams, a problem throughout the house. So hubby put in a big rectangular fluorescent light and wow it is bright in there now! The older I get the more light I need.

Doug Ayurvedivs has several fronts.....some sort of body therapy, meditation, yoga, and diet. Just trying to learn about the diet part has been a challenge!

Well I have not been in the mood to do art in about a year.....my interests change frequently and right now my attention is fixed on learning to cook really well. Like how to hold the darn chefs knife properly and cut veggies fast and uniform. Brenda what cookbook did you say you use? I am reading Culinary Boot Camp from the CIA. They have some one week boot camps in San Antonio....very tempting!
  #195   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2012, 11:56 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

I got a notification on an instant update subscription