WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 03:22 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Southampton, Pennsylvania

Hails from United States
Lightbulb WDE 01/27/2012 Images Here

I will be posting 16 images and a challenge.

Please wait until all are uploaded before commenting - thank you.

You have 30 minutes to make your choice and choose your materials - you may use any medium.

For the next two hours, just go for it……then STOP!, scan or photograph your work and post it in your own new thread with your title, beginning with WDE, plus date, plus title.

When you introduce your work, please add a description of size, medium, support (paper, canvas etc) and time taken.
If your work is digital, we'd appreciate a description of whether it's freehand drawing/painting, manipulated image or done using the filters available in some programmes - you could also say which programme you've used.
All are acceptable but we'd like to know the "hows, whys and wherefores"!!

Use WIP for any work in progress at the 2 hour mark, and MI for multiple images if other works are to be added before the following Monday.

NB. To avoid forum flooding, please put all of your work during the weekend, for the current WDE, into a single thread: multiple threads will be merged!
From the following TUESDAY, you may open a new thread for later work.

You have the whole week to participate - until the next WDE starts (usually Friday).
After posting your contribution, please view others’ entries and comment and encourage when you can. Unless requested, please refrain from critiquing.

High resolution images can be found here My RIL

The Challenge. I would like to see some interesting crops/combinations. But most of all. HAVE FUN!

First some magical places that I have visited in the last several years.

Enchanted Lake Nashville, IN First weekend in December 2011

Enchanted Lake Nashville, IN First weekend in December 2010. What a difference a year makes.

The Superior Hiking Trail in Northern Minnesota where myself and several members of my family went backpacking for a couple of years.

A lovely lake adjacent to a cabin we stayed in in Michigan a few years ago. Every evening Mother Nature gave us a fabulous display.

Shirakawa-go, Gifu Prefecture, Japan. It was like taking a step back in time. Cherry trees were blossoming and Rice fields had just been planted. They still planted by hand. The thatched roofs of the huts were designed to hold an enormous amount of snow.

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out." Art Linkletter My RIL

Last edited by Charlie's Mum : 01-28-2012 at 05:52 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 03:38 PM

Hails from United States
Re: WDE 01/27/2012 Images Here

While visiting a Temple in Kyoto, Japan we met a group of School Girls on a field trip. Part of their assignment was to converse with English speaking people. We fit the bill.

I title this "Same Car Next Year". It is difficult to dispose of things, especially large things in Japan so this is one way of sprucing up your junk car. We visited 2 years in a row. Same car, just different flowers

The old and the new. These are the shoes my Grandfather played Basketball in in the early 1920s. The pink shoes were my Granddaughter's when she was smaller.

This is my Granddaughter Hayle getting a big kiss from Mango our JRT who we tragically lost in November of 2009 when we were attacked by an unsupervised dog 2 blocks from home while we ware taking a walk.

Three little kittens in a hanging basket in my potting shed. There is a story about them too......

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out." Art Linkletter My RIL

Last edited by surob : 01-27-2012 at 04:06 PM.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 03:46 PM

Hails from United States

This is Miss Amelia Bedelia. We rescued her from a shelter in February 2011.

This is Miss Lu our Chocolate Lab enjoying a day at the beach. We rescued her in February 2010.

Some cider bottles in Wine country Michigan. (yes there is wine country in Michigan and the produce some very good wine.)

Some pretty Pansies.

Looney Larry hanging out with the Hydrangeas.

Last edited by surob : 01-27-2012 at 04:03 PM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 03:55 PM

Hails from United States

Last but not least. A really cool seed head taken at the Chicago Botanical Gardens last summer.

The Challenge. I would like to see some interesting crops/combinations. But most of all. HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Charlie's Mum : 01-28-2012 at 05:53 AM.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Chelsea upon Sea, Norfolk

Hails from England

Sorry posted in amongst your pictures, Could a mod please remove my comment please and this one? Sorry for being a pain.

Annie, Mum and slave to- 24 budgies, 9 corn snakes, 3 guinea pigs, 8 cats, 4 dogs, 45 chickens, 6 cockatiels, 3 rabbits, 3 children, 1 partner.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 04:02 PM
WC! Guide
near Auvers sur Oise

Hails from France

Lovely pict Susan so you re living in a zoo too
Robert
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Ajax Ontario

Hails from Canada

Very nics pics ...especially that sunset...!!!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 04:27 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario

Hails from Canada

Sue, thanks for the beautiful photos
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 04:39 PM
A Local Legend
2001 transplant to NC USA

Hails from United States

yay yay alll kind of goodies from ALLLLover...... ... i'm typing this on my new laptop... and just realized AGAIN that i'm not hooked up to my scanner-printer.... cant scan the one from Dewi's and cant print yours out... bummer... gotta work this out til 'help' comess!!! great pix, hope to do it SOMEhow... hugs to all yr critters, too............
"An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl she used to be. A great artist can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is... and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be..." R. Heinlein via Jubal Harshaw re LaBelle Heaulmiere by Rodin
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 04:47 PM
The bottom of the South Island in Southland, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand

Beautiful images!
So sorry to hear about your little Jack Russel being attacked by an un-leashed dog. It happens all the time in New Zealand. I have a Jack Russel Terrier - Drum - 15 years old and as deaf as deaf. Many times I've had to haul him up by his leash as a larger dog was coming at him with full force. He's so old now but still fiesty, and wouldn't hesitate to defend himself, but I can't risk a dog fight (especially at his age). Jack Russels don't know they're small - they think they are kings of the world!

Moderator; Animals & Wildlife Forum Floral & Botanical Forum Watermedia Forum
My Blog; Art By Vivien
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 05:31 PM
A WC! Legend
Beaudesert Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Just took a peek before breakfast and I have picked a few already. I will be back. It has been raining here for a week and it looks like more of the same today so I will take full advantage of it and declare myself a painting day.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 06:23 PM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Looks like fun. I hope to join you on Sunday.
My Blog * Uploading Images * WDE Participants' Guidelines * WDE Updated Guidelines (for newbies especially) * AMAE Forum Guidelines
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Susan, these are all super photos! The Landscape forum will be trying to recruit you if you don't watch out...So good to see that you rescue too, isn't it fun! Your animals are adorable. Sorry to hear about your JRT, though.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 07:17 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Great looking reference photos. I hope I can get a couple of these in this week.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 08:08 PM
A WC! Legend
All over the place

Hails from United States

Hope I can play a bit tomorrow or sunday....great ref pics!!! Love the doggy pics. Gorgeous sunset too...WOW!! I'm thinking seed head as some sort of abstract. Hope I get a chance to get it out of my head and onto paper....

Last edited by Valri Ary : 01-27-2012 at 08:10 PM.