WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > NEW! Welcome Forum - New Users
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Santa Monica, CA

Hails from United States
Talking New girl hoping to learn

Hello everyone! I've been an "artist" since I was really little and I'm 19 years old at the moment. I took many many art classes in middle school and high school, including studio art. I went to college for a year in AR and am planning on going to college in CA when my in-state tuition kicks in. I moved from Arkansas to California and live near the game industry. I'm hoping to become a concept artist one day. Fortunately, I already have my foot in the door because my boyfriend is in the game industry.

I've been trying to work on my art every day and just recently ordered a plethora of oil paints, including Soho Oil paints (for filler), Sennelier, Winsor& Newton, and a few tubes of Williambsburg handmade oil paints. I joined this community to help others, but mostly to learn all I can! Thanks guys!

-Lisa
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States
Re: New girl hoping to learn

Welcome to Wet Canvas, a community for artists!
We are very happy to have you with us, Lisa.
Be sure to read the Stickys at the top of Forum pages to help acclimate yourself to the site.
After reading them, please feel free to return to the New User Forum at any time should you need help using any of the features of the site.
Some helpful hints to get you started:
* You can access all Forums by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels Menu at the upper left.
* You can find the latest posts of the day by clicking on “new posts”
located center screen on the middle blue bar above your first post.
* You must have a minimum of two posts prior to being able to upload an image.
* Wet Canvas is experiencing some software glitches and some of the functions are not working as they should, thank you for your patience.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2012, 01:49 AM
A WC! Legend
A Californian! Coming Home Soon!

Hails from United States

Welcome to WetCanvas! Enjoy! Thanks for saying "Hello"!

Gladys Marie "I'm somewhere...in the future...and I look much better than I look right now!" ...KIM CLEMENT
Too Much Of A Good Thing Is Wonderful!!! ...MAE WEST
*WETCANVAS MEMBER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD*
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2012, 01:30 PM
A Local Legend
Anchorage, Alaska

Hails from United States

Hi Lisa and a warm welcome to the Wet Canvas Community

This is a very large site with a lot going on in the forums. Be sure to check out the subject and medium forums as well as some of the special interest forums. There is something here for every artist and all levels of expertise. All are welcome, so don’t be shy about posting or starting threads.

A good place to start your WC! experience is to read some of the articles in the links found in the signature lines of some of the mods and guides - they contain some very useful information which will help you to navigate and participate in WC!

If you have any problems, just drop back here to New Users and we’ll be happy to help.

Have fun and enjoy Wet Canvas!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2012, 10:31 PM
A Local Legend
St.marys, GA

Hails from United States

Welcome to Wet Canvas . It's very nice to meet you.

As you know, there are Artists here from around the world with all levels of skill, styles and medium choices. You can find the medium or subject you work in by using the Forum Jump at the bottom right hand side of the page or the Channels menu at the upper left where it says (choose) (GO).

Guides and Moderators have Signature Lines at the bottom of their post to answer the most FAQs by new members. If you should need any more help feel free to come back and ask.
Please feel free to look around and enjoy our WC Community
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2012, 04:54 AM
A WC! Legend
Northumberland England.

Hails from United Kingdom

Hello , and a warm welcome to Wet Canvas, hope you enjoy your time here ,
Best wishes, Ken