WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > NEW! Welcome Forum - New Users
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2014, 07:14 PM
United Kingdom

Hails from United Kingdom
Hello

Hi, I'm Will, I'm 18, at school in the UK. I want to go on to study illustration, so I'm starting my foundation year in september. I'm a relatively classical painter, I'm super interested in art theory and stuff, so yeah. I like loads of artists (like everyone I guess haha), too many to list, but probably my biggest influences would be, Caravaggio, Thomas Moran, Donato Giancola, Greg Manchess, David Kassan and David Palumbo.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2014, 08:39 PM
WC! Guide
Victoria, British California

Hails from Canada
Re: Hello

Welcome to WetCanvas Will. Glad you joined us.

The link in my signature will take you to a thread where you will find lots of helpful information for newcomers.

You may navigate the site using either the Forum Jump in the bottom right, or the Channels Menu at the top left of a page. Forum Jump,is easier.

There are lots of resources in the Forums you may find useful, including an Art History Forum as well as the Café Guerbois for discussions. And there is a Reference Image Library for photos that you can access from the Content Areas bar at the top, if you need some ideas.

Happy exploring and I will look forward to seeing you around the site.

Cheers
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Hi, it's nice to meet you.

Sounds like you might like some of the discussions in the art history section or the Cafe Guerbois. There is also a forum for students as well.

There are many many forums here, have fun exploring and jump right in wherever you feel comfortable.

For information and how to's please read the Member FAQ's. Let us know if you need any help.

Welcome to WetCanvas!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States

Welcome to a community for artists!
We are very happy to have you join us, Will.
Be sure to read the Stickys at the top of Forum pages to help acclimate yourself to the site.
After reading them, please feel free to return to the New User Forum at any time should you need help using any of the features of the site.
Some helpful hints to get you started:
* You can access all Forums by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels Menu at the upper left.
* You can find the latest posts of the day by clicking on “new posts”
located center screen on the middle blue bar above your first post.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2014, 10:48 PM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States

Welcome to WC!

Lots of fine folks here, you will meet many of them as you browse about. Sharing, learning and teaching others is the best way to fan the creative flames.

We are always glad to see new members, hope you have time to explore all the different Forums. There are all levels of artists creating, in virtually all mediums.

There are many free tutorials available, and the friendly folks here will try to help you with any questions.

Be sure to review the guidelines for commercial uses, and for the use of images in the Reference Library..

Be sure to check out the Photography Forums, too. No camera is required! Many of us just like to look at phots. There are some very talented folks there.

Looking forward to seeing your art.
Looking forward getting to know you!

Life is good!
Very good indeed.

Greggo

PS: the custom avatar selection is out of service: please read this>>
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...57&postcount=4