WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Lord of the Arts
McCook, NE

Hails from United States
Arrow Project Discussion: Pastel Puzzle 2 FINISHED!

Okay, I have posted a second puzzle in the project system, waiting for approval. This one has room for 36 participants, so hopefully no one will be left out, or you'll have an opportunity to do a second piece, or a second piece with the second puzzle!!! lol Anyway, it'll be ready soon as it's approved. Thanks for your patience everyone. It was a loooong time since I did this and totally mucked it up!!

Christine Neidhofer
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Lord of the Arts
McCook, NE

Hails from United States
Post Project Discussion: Pastel Puzzle 2

A new project has been announced in the WetCanvas! project system!

Title: Pastel Puzzle 2
Project Leader: CM Neidhofer
Relative Difficulty: Easy
Type Restrictions: Painting
Medium: Pastels
Subject: Not Applicable
Days open for signups: 31
Maximum participants allowed: 36

Description:

This project will require 36 participants, first come, first serve. Each participant will receive one piece of a reference to paint. I will PM the pieces to everyone starting January 1, 2012. Try to work small, no larger that approximately 6" x 6", as that will make it easier for me to put the pieces back together again. When you have finished your piece, submit it through the project system. All posts regarding this project should be submitted through the project system so that we don't flood the other forums and everything is all in once place. When I have received all the painted pieces, I will put them all back together and we'll reveal what we have painted!

Remember to just paint what you see and have fun!

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here!

Remember, in order to help keep the discussions on projects organized, you should post your questions, suggestions, and comments on submitted work here in this thread. By doing this, we allow other non-project efforts to not get "pushed down" by a swarm of project-related threads.

Christine Neidhofer
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Lord of the Arts
McCook, NE

Hails from United States
Re: Pastel Puzzle 2!

Here's the link to the second puzzle project. Lots of room for everyone on this one!

http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/...s&proj_id=1534

Christine Neidhofer
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Veteran Member
Victoria, Australia

Hails from Australia

Whilst I was quick off the mark to sign up for the first puzzle, but missed out, I think I might skip this big one thanks. Maybe thirty-two pieces could be a little unwieldy? With my luck I'd get stuck with a solid lump of brownish-fuchsia to paint!

Not criticising Chris. You came up with the best solution after the first one was over subscribed, but maybe not so many pieces next time? I doubt if we have 48 active forum members here. (16 + 32)

Dale
Happy are the painters, for they shall never be lonely. Light and color, peace and hope will keep them company until the end of the day. -Winston Churchill
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Lord of the Arts
McCook, NE

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by the drover's dog
Whilst I was quick off the mark to sign up for the first puzzle, but missed out, I think I might skip this big one thanks. Maybe thirty-two pieces could be a little unwieldy? With my luck I'd get stuck with a solid lump of brownish-fuchsia to paint!

Not criticising Chris. You came up with the best solution after the first one was over subscribed, but maybe not so many pieces next time? I doubt if we have 48 active forum members here. (16 + 32)

Dale

I've tried to appease everyone after my first mistake. There's already one signed up for the second puzzle, so I guess it's your choice whether to participate. There are several who would even do another piece, or more, so I'm hoping the second one isn't too big after all. I'm sorry things got messed up the first time. Maybe another time for you then. If you change your mind, just jump right in! Thanks.

Christine Neidhofer
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Enthusiast
Marin Co., California

Hails from United States

I just signed up, think I'm second to do so.

Chris- I had stopped following the first thread because I assumed that you would start a new post to inform us of the puzzle. I didn't realize the first one was started, let alone filled, so I'm glad you started another one!

Dale- there may be more people like me, a "part-time" forum member, participate when I have time, but go weeks without being on WC at all. And sometimes I'm doing more watercolor than pastel, so don't always check the soft pastel forum. But I'll be sure to check the puzzle!

I haven't done much with my pastels lately except take them to portrait sessions once a week, so this will be fun project!

Thanks Chris for dedicating the time to this!

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 05:38 AM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

I didn't sign up for Puzzle Two because I am waiting for everyone who got left out to jump in first.

I intend to, I'm just giving it a few days to give precedence to those who really need it. I've got my photo for Pastel Puzzle 1 so it's not as urgent. Don't count me out - I will come in, but only after everyone who really needs it has gotten signed up. I barely got into Pastel Puzzle 1, so this is just my being considerate.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Virginia

Hails from United States

I'm in There's only three of us so far! Come join us!

Chainmaille - Pastel - Photography
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Lord of the Arts
San Francisco

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsloan2
I didn't sign up for Puzzle Two because I am waiting for everyone who got left out to jump in first.

I intend to, I'm just giving it a few days to give precedence to those who really need it. I've got my photo for Pastel Puzzle 1 so it's not as urgent. Don't count me out - I will come in, but only after everyone who really needs it has gotten signed up. I barely got into Pastel Puzzle 1, so this is just my being considerate.

Same here, I'll gladly jump into Puzzle Two! I haven't gotten a piece from Puzzle One yet though...Chris, did you PM the pieces?
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Lord of the Arts
McCook, NE

Hails from United States

I appreciate all of your considerate thoughts and patience. I left the sign up time open, for the second puzzle, so that people can jump in late if they like and/or do more than one piece if they choose. I really, really didn't mean to offend anyone if I did. Thanks.

Christine Neidhofer
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Seattle, WA

Hails from United States
Red face Re: Pastel Puzzle 2!

So I'm with Barbara - I've been lurking here for a year, and am going to use this as an excuse to get off my rear and actually put pastel to paper again (as opposed to graphite to paper). Since I can't seem to motivate myself, having a deadline at least forces me to take the time to paint, which is better than not painting.

--Jon
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Lord of the Arts
McCook, NE

Hails from United States

Alright..... six sign ups on puzzle #2!! Keep 'em coming. I will start sending your puzzle pieces in a day or so. Let me get all of the first puzzle pieces out so we don't get too confused! Thanks, everyone!

Christine Neidhofer
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Lord of the Arts
Virginia

Hails from United States

Thanks for putting this one together, Christine.

I am so glad I mentioned this exercise when someone asked about interpretation in a thread a month ago. Brought participants out of the woodwork. Thanks for the re-do.

Bonnie Ferguson Butler (Art : Photography : Pastel Society of Virginia)
Think of and look at your work as though it were done by your enemy.
If you look at it to admire it, you are lost.
(Samuel Butler)
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Lord of the Arts
McCook, NE

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoma
Thanks for putting this one together, Christine.

I am so glad I mentioned this exercise when someone asked about interpretation in a thread a month ago. Brought participants out of the woodwork. Thanks for the re-do.

Thanks for signing up with puzzle 2. I'll be sending out the pieces in the next day or so. Just making sure number one people are all set before I get number 2 going and everything gets all confused! Thanks again.

Christine Neidhofer
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Lord of the Arts
McCook, NE

Hails from United States

Alright....we have nine sign ups so far! Even though it shows 10. There was an accidental sign up, so there's still only nine. Who's next???!!

Christine Neidhofer