WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Miniature Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Western Illinois

Hails from United States
Re: Project Discussion: From the Past

Hello all! I started painting and was sidetracked by the holiday hullabaloo. I can't wait to get back to painting, once I get my house back in order!
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-28-2011, 04:54 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Costa Blanca, Spain

Hails from Spain

Mine will have to wait until I get back home to Spain. I am looking forward to starting. At least I can think up so ideas while here.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Immortalized
sometimes Texas/sometimes Colorado

Hails from United States
Smile Re: Project Discussion: From the Past

I signed up a couple of weeks ago, sry. I have not posted in here finishing up a couple of projects, and just had a medical procedure a week and a half ago, so I was "loopy" for awhile.. I'm back and ready to begin, Hope you all had a great Christmas!
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 03:02 AM
WC! Guide
Bakersfield,California

Hails from United States

Since today would be 30 days for signup, I have changed the number of participants to what we have so that no one can join now. It shows the project is full. That way we won't get late comers after we have been going too long.

I have been ill with a bad cold and in bed for a couple days. I will try to compile all the addresses and see who I don't have. If you want, you can all just pm me your addresses so I have them fresh off the press. lol. Will try to get the address list out this weekend.

We officially start after the first. Good luck finding your past memories. I look forward to taking the journey with each of you.

Jeanne

#35   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Thanks Jeanne! I pm'ed you my address.
Tammy, I hope you're feeling well now!

Happy New Year everyone!
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 08:48 PM
WC! Guide
Bakersfield,California

Hails from United States

Thanks Virginia. Got it and can now copy and paste when making my list.

I went out today to get some supplies at Walmart. Totally wore me out. I guess my stamina is down. I bought a heating pad to keep on the back of my chair to keep me warm. A couple nights ago I had problems with chills. I get them easy and once I have them, have a hard time getting rid of them. I know I shook for at last 30 minutes. Now trying to keep them away.

Picked up some meds and orange juice. Oh yeah and some kleenex. The meds are supposed to stop the runny nose but not counting on it. Toilet paper is just too rough.

I must be feeling better as I am itching to do some drawing in graphite. Hopefully soon. I just finished another card for this trade and have one more to do. I did get enough supplies I shouldn't have to go out again for awhile. Going to stay in and warm and try to kick this cold. I don't like it.

#37   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Costa Blanca, Spain

Hails from Spain

hello all, I am so sorry to hear of illness everywhere, but I am a victim as well. Talk about streaming noses, had to hold a tissue under it continually... felt like ____! Today I am fine, just like that! One Contac and I am a new person. We are travelling home on the 2nd, crossing the channel and driving down through France. It is the long way but the ferries to Santander were all booked up with the pet friendly cabins. It will take us three days to travel down, so much more difficult than crossing the Bay of Biscay way. Oh well we won't have the sea to contend with.
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Wow that's a long drive!
Hope everyone is feeling better. We're having oddly warm weather here. So much so I actually saw flying insects out! And I still have some snapdragons trying to grow. It's weird.
I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Years!
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Lord of the Arts
South-East Queensland

Hails from Australia

ALways odd herfe in the South because our Seasons are opposite. Its been cool for Christmas/New Year only getting to about 85 deg F instead of the usual 104 in the shade.

Have all my cards planned and some rough sketches and ideas scribbled down- will get stuck into them now.

I hope you are all taking your zinc and vitamin C to help your immune systems and get well soon . Stay well rugged up and won't be too long before Spring starts to warm you all up. I had the most evil flu last Winter here that knocked me off my perch for months. Was off work for 3 weeks and didn't feel back to "normal" for several months. Hope the antibodies are fuelled up for this Winter.

Looking forward to seeing what we all remember - this is where we all trip down memory lane in our posts and for some of us realise how old we really are when we remember things that others think are so ancient........reminded of this the other day when I was saying that when I first started school we used slates to practice our letters on - wasn't worth wasting good paper on first year's scribbly writing. We even had writing lines permanently marked on them so you could get the letters the right size. Well the look I got you would have thought I lived in the Jurassic period!!!

Laughter is the sound of the human soul springing a leak.
Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint on it you can. Danny Kaye
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Lol Sue!! My nephew came over to a bunch sitting on my Mom's porch (he was born and raised in a city), well he had a clothespin and he asked us "What is this for?". We laughed so hard.
I'm sitting here with a nice big wooly coat on and a blanket too. Because my furnace celebrated the new year too hard and decided to die. I can hear the repairman and my husband laughing downstairs so hopefully it's a quick fix!
It's too cold in here to paint today, we had such lovely weather but tonight will be with the wind chill at -4F so it's a bit chilly!
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

Oh gosh, I had my turn at the flu a couple of weeks ago but I'm all recovered now. Sorry for those of you still recovering.

I have lots of irons in the fire at the moment but I am still looking forward to starting these cards. I have more ideas than what I need to paint so I will have to whittle my list of ideas down a bit.
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-03-2012, 07:09 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

hope everyone is well for the New Year and safely home again for those traveling.
we started the New Year with a traditionaly cold day (-20) which is a good 10degrees warmer than usual, and to date the coldest this winter so far! but today it is +2 at 5am, what is up with that! I am not complaining, cannot remember such a mild winter for years!
anyway, I see the project is full, and I think Jeanne you have my address, ready to rumble! and I just joined two other projects, and have a workshop in a couple weekends!, want to get my studio all cleaned up to get ready for the new year!

Life is about using the whole box of crayons. RIL, Venezia, Weekly Drawing Event, 120postcards
Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2014. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton, Alberta

Hails from Canada

Holy cow Bonnie... we have had the mildest winter since I have been in Edmonton... I work in a t-shirt most days (and I am not working in a building), and just need my fleece jacket to get to and from work. Our New Years Day was the coldest in a month at -10!
I'll stay away from Regina!
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

We were up to 57F the other day. Broke records, I couldn't believe I saw two pelicans when I drove over the Mississippi today, they should be long gone by now. The eagles who nest here in the winter are slowly trickling back.
I have lost my favorite brush, it's driving me crazy.
I restarted a couple that I was doing. I was having one of those weeks where I forgot how to paint again. But I'm all inspired again so off I go!
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2012, 05:04 PM
WC! Guide
Bakersfield,California

Hails from United States

During maintenance we lost posts as well as people signed up. As far as I can tell, we need for Kurlie, Marmsk, and Recycled to sign up again. We also gained one so I changed the participants allowed to include everyone. What a fun thing maintenance is. Do we dare hope that it fixed what was already wrong in this forum with posting our final images? lol

Last edited by "J" : 01-07-2012 at 05:10 PM.