WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2011, 08:26 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Bismarck ND

Hails from United States
Talking Quick Dry Cafe - December

Good Morning All!
Stopping in for a quick chat before I head out the door running.
Had a Nice Quiet Thanksgiving here. Robbie was home for a couple days. Sean was Baptized on Sunday.
It's getting chilly here and just a bit of snow last night, and icy as it rained first.
I got a new toy yesterday! Rob and I got our early Christmas present together--a new Canon 60D. Can't wait to start playing! I have a photo session next week so have a few days now to play and learn the camera. Hope I am ready by Tuesday!
Just can't get to the paints. I get home and after a few chores, supper, I sit on the couch. And play with Sean.
Oops, gotta head out!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Resting in Peace
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States
Re: Quick Dry Cafe - December

Hi Ruthie, ya know I actually forgot to look for a new month..haha Thanks so much for starting it. Sounds like a great time being with Robbie and then Sean's Baptism, always a big day too, give him a little kiss on the cheek for me.. Getting cold here too, and the new camera sounds great, you'll love it and do really well with it too I'm sure.

Hi Howard, Shirl, Chammi, Maureen, Carol, Raymo my man where are you I'm having Raymo withdrawal.... Hi to Mary too if you're peekin' in, Kathie all the gang.

Was suppose to be a quiet day and it ended up being not so quiet. Headed out to mail my Christmas cards and the PO was closed.. Not a special day I'm thinking and I got mail delivery..who knows, met Art from WC for lunch, then ran to the grocery store, came home and hubby was here....early and of course hungry..haha Willie too so early dinner, now I'm just too tired to get back to my drawing, decided to play with my graphites again and 'was' enjoying it.

Very quiet in here, where are you guys...Hellllooo out there.
I shouldn't say much been kind of quiet myself..haha.

Well just saying hi need to go step out on the porch, maybe it'll wake me up or make me want to jump under the covers and watch tv. Have a good night everyone and Nite Nite Raymo my man!

See you tomorrow then,
Hugs all round,
Elaine

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. André Gide Forum Projects: Plant Parade projects in
Florals/Botanicals,
Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia

Ruthie started this by proxy
My websites: Discoveries With Colour Adventures in Photography
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2011, 06:42 PM
A WC! Legend
a German living in Ireland

Hails from Ireland

Hi ya Ruthie Oh, have fun with that camera and baby Sean of course lol
Hi ya Elaine Oh I missed you my friend Glad to hear your enjoying graphite again Hope you get your mail posted Hmmm, I havent even written my cards yet
Hi ya Carol Hope Maddie is fully recovered in this stage
Hi everyone yet to come Big hugs to you all (((hugs)))

Have been very quiet myself lately. Work has been sooooooooooo busy that my muse went awol Then I went on my first visit home since 5 years and took the boys with me, now that was fun We had a great time catching up with family and friend and some exciting sightseeing for the boys too.
Came back to work and that is still as crazy .... if not worse.
But I can finally feel my muse coming back for quick visits so I am hoping to convince her to stick around some more again lol.

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Bismarck ND

Hails from United States

LOL Thanks Carol! I didn't start anything, just tagged onto the last post in Nov. not even thinking of Dec. Haha..
Hi Elaine--sounds busy! Is that was retirement does to ya!!! Maybe I'll stay where I am--LOL NOT!--but in a few more years..... Hi Kathrin! Good to see ya!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Resting in Peace
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Morning,

Oh Kathrin girl I have missed you too Sounds like you and the boys had a great time and it must have been soooooo good to go home. Had to be exciting for the boys. I thought of you when I picked up the pencil, you and Carol..haha
not sure anyone will see it but I'm enjoying myself, when I get to do it and I don't even work... in the true sense of the word..

Hi Ruthie yes I guess that's what happens when everyone knows you are 'just hanging round'..LOL But I do think mothers, grandmothers and woman in general never really retire..haha Men on the otherhand..

Carol by proxy..haha well anyway that works cause I plum forgot...

It got cold here over night, big dip in temps but it is Dec. after all, the weather has gone up and down after our first horrendous snow in Oct..haha
Now to cozy up with a cup of coffee and not answer the phone, or the door, or stick my head outside in case I'll be seen, claiming the day and sticking to it.

Have a good one everybody...Big hellos to all the cafe crew...will check in later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. André Gide Forum Projects: Plant Parade projects in
Florals/Botanicals,
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Immortalized
Buckeye living with the Gators

Hails from United States

Good morning Elaine.

Just returned from our morning walk, not as cold today as yesterday... which I am thankful for. I don't know how one small dog can get so dirty on a walk... well, I know it is from the dew on the grass and she has to stop and sniff everything.

Still waiting to see if we can use water today. Half the trucks and workers are gone but they didn't leave another note saying it was ok. Good running water is one of those things you take for granted and really miss when you can't use it or they turn it off. I need it to paint and clean up afterwards to.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Resting in Peace
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Well Patti girl she is white..haha Er there is always the tank on the toilet bowl..LOL it's clean...haha. Hope they let you know gee whiz!!

Hugs,
Elaine

Florals/Botanicals,
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2011, 01:29 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Ireland

Hi Ruthie I got a Jack Russel and trust me ..... small dogs are dirt magnets Neither of my big ones is ever as dirty lol. Hope the water issue got sorted
Hi ya Elaine Wrap up warm and hide indoors my friend I hope you will show your drawing sometime

Miserable weather here. Cold and wet and we are supposed to get gale force winds tonight Caught myself a headcold too, no surprise with that weather. But on the upside ... no work for the weekend

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2011, 03:05 PM
WC! Guide
the state of confusion, Florida...

Hails from United States

Kathrin, good to see you back.

Got a new light for my work table. it is an LED light bar. Could be brighter for sure but have a plan to add another light with an LED bulb. Got a bulb today at the home store and it very bright. It will work well.

Marketing today. Got compost for the garden. outdoor low voltage lights, a bulb for the utility room.

Still working on my life long project, the studio. Trying to gain back some space. Not working very well but I am trying. Thinking a rubbermaid shed might be in order. That way I can put things that won't deteriorate in there and be somewhat comfortable they are protected, at least a little bit anyway.
"The thing about art is that life is in no danger of being meaningless," Robert Genn
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2011, 03:28 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Ireland

Hello Howard Its good to be back
Good luck with the studio task, one can never have enough space

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2011, 10:39 PM
A WC! Legend
Okeechobee, Florida

Hails from United States

HELLO ALL!!
Welcome Back Kathrin!! Good to see you, seems you surely have been busy, glad to hear alls well and you had a good time.
New dog, sounds exciting!! good luck!!

been busy trying to do this commission and here and also starting to reorganize my painting stuff in the spare room closet, all the bins and stuff I've accumulated this year I have stored in the dresser and put in the closet. all my stuff for my shows, bins of things for the tent and where I store my paintings, which most of them are out on display at either the library or Gallery in town.
Rented a climate controlled storage area for the stuff, so have to organize it before taking it over there.. have to do all this before the 16th as inlaws come down after that weekend, which we will be spending at daughters for Grandaughters First BD!!
spent this evening making a taco salad and ambrosia for our Chistmas party for the Model Airplane club tomorrow evening!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2011, 02:59 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Ireland

Hi ya Kathie Think your kept pretty busy yourself girl
Hope you get your stuff organised too. Oh, first birthdays are always exciting Enjoy

Its my day off but I was up just as early as always pains and aches .....
Took some painmeds so will see how that goes.
Hope to do some drawing today. Have a commission that I have barely started yet and another drawing too. Plus a ton of started but unfinished paintings Hopefully can get productive later
Might even do some baking lolol.

Catch ye later

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Resting in Peace
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Well hells bells, I posted this whole thing and hello it's gone...LOL
Or I posted it somewhere else and people are wondering what the heck...roflol.
Well needless to say I said hi and sent hugs to my sweetie Kathrin to feel better, and congrats on the commission asking what is it of??? And tho I would love your input sweetie not sure I'm posting for the world to see..haha Do love to draw, more then paint just need to catch the rhythm again...LOL LOL

Hi to Kathie pace yourself girlfriend and Howard and Patti water???? ,Mary, Carol, Ruthie, Raymo my man who apparently couldn't resist giving me a little poke on a resurrected thread, such a treat wierdo , a big Hello to Chammi wondering where are you girl.
Hi Shirl!!!

Okay let's try this again...haha
Have a good weekend guys see you later.

Hugs all round
Elaine

Florals/Botanicals,
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Bismarck ND

Hails from United States

Hi!
Very chilly and windy here. Met some friends for a late breakfast and now snuggling in at home. It's not a nice day, so will stay put. Hmmm, I suppose I should straighten up my studio room. Hey maybe even try picking up a paint brush....
Have a good day ALL!