WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Partner: WetCanvas Live! > Partner: WetCanvas Live! with Larry Seiler
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 08:35 PM
on beautiful Quadra Island, BC off the east coast of Vancouver Island

Hails from Canada
Re: Sessions and Outline of Up and Coming Lessons

Thanks for the class!
www.firesignartanddesign.com
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Enthusiast
Calgary, Alberta

Hails from Canada

Thank you so much - wonderful class!
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 08:45 PM

New artist, long time coming. Thanks for the information.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Roswell

Hails from United States

Enjoyed webinar very much -

like the idea of keeping lists nearby to maintain
focus or remind me of what is possible

thinking in 3d - something you mentioned about being viewed and photographed painting -
the Bridge of Experience -

an experience - seeing and moving and deciding on site as opposed to viewing a photograph -

that experience - the performance of seeing, evaluating, feeling and then doing -
i like that rather social aspect - moments of excitement and sharing and responding to the now
look forward to next week
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Cypress, TX

Hails from United States

I really enjoyed the class and am looking forward to the next!
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 10:13 PM
A WC! Legend
NE Wisconsin Nicolet National Forest

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib00
Are the slides available for us to download??? Note taking is difficult because the class moves so fast. And, by next week the material covered this week will be forgotten.

I think it would help if the slides were emailed out before the class.

well...I think if folks paid a fee for such to be mailed out, might be practical...but these sessions are free. When the series is over, they will be available for purchase from North Light Shop.

I put in a good number of weeks preparing for tonight's session, now working on the session three weeks from now, shooting video painting outdoors last night, now hours to edit, produce...put together other video..and again, the sessions are free. In practicality, its a lot of work.

As for forgetting...well, not if the series or sessions are later purchased. But, I would recommend jumping in on the thread I created on the session, and the assignment. Deliberate practice will cement and help the concepts come together and make sense. It is a lot of work. Deliberate practice simply requires such...but that is also where growth comes from.

Next week's session is going to be very inspirational I can promise you that. A sure track for improving and becoming a good painter in a manner promising the most to happen in the time applied. You won't want to miss it!
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 10:31 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonni
Thanks for doing this Larry. The first one went pretty well, sound was good on my end. Lots of info being put out, hope it doesn't discourage beginners. Not sure what your expectations are for the homework, though. A sketch analysis of a painting we like. More than one painting? Post the original painting(s) and our analysis(es)--where? Here?. Sounds like a good exercise.

you're welcome...and a learning experience for me too! haha...no matter how prepared you are with content...technology itself can throw a curve your way and one has to act to respond. Should have seen me running like a mad man from our school's computer lab (where I have wifi) to my classroom where I have cable, but a slower older intel...ugh! Quick transfer content...hope for the best and run with it!

It will be better here on everyone, I promise!!!

I already started the new thread for tonight's topic...and the assignment and gave one example. Hope everyone will try this week to do some analysis studies. Of your own work, of the work of those you admire, of past honored master artists.

We know the regular forums often post works of other artists, of past masters...but we are offering forum sharing for sale. We do give credit...and its nothing that no one can't find online. It happens in all the forums, no?

I have shared images over all these years in my forums as have others. I'll maintain the protocol as an instructor not to post images as such while representing F&W as an instructor, but will provide links for such to be checked out. That is not to say folks here can't...folks under no obligations. Just read over the user agreement well...

as a past moderator of many years, it has always been the user agreement that has ultimately been our precedence or guide.

Hey...this is going to be fun...
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member
Anchorage, Alaska

Hails from United States

Great session from one Alaskan who missed your workshop. Artists are still talking about it and looking forward to the possibility you may be back.

This lesson was excellent and looking forward to the next.

Thanks,

Pat's Website
"Artists help us to see what is secretly there." John O'Donohue, page 248 of his book - "Eternal Echoes"
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 10:46 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

thanks everyone...appreciate the feedback..
at one minute before starting time...ran from one room to another, from wifi to cable, from content all set on one system...to downloading from a memory stick content to another albeit slower system with some issues (such as the dvd that wouldn't play).

We'll iron it out...and it will get better and better. Looking forward to weeks to come!

Isn't Sarah great too...!! She really helped me over some techno hurdles tonight! Thanks Sarah...
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 10:57 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberart
Great session from one Alaskan who missed your workshop. Artists are still talking about it and looking forward to the possibility you may be back.

This lesson was excellent and looking forward to the next.

Thanks,

thanks Pat...
ah..we had such a great time, and I love Alaska. Had my boys been young first time I visited, I'd be an Alaskan today. Not to complain...love my daughter-in-laws and grand daughters...but, just sayin'!

We are definitely in the planning of another workshop or two next summer. Blaines Art in Anchorage wants to be part of one of the workshops...and we hope then one will focus on south Anchorage...and the route toward Whittier. The other...would love to be back at the Lil Su...Hatcher's Pass, Palmer...and yes, Independence Mine!!!! Oh my...

Next session will be very good, worth everyone's time!!!
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Denver, CO

Hails from United States

Well, I'm sad to say that, even though I was REALLY looking forward to this, I got busy and forgot until 40 minutes into it!! I signed on then and really liked what I saw, but I was definitely beating myself up.

So now I'm devouring the material you've posted elsewhere in this subforum plus Robert's notes to see what i can glean. (And I think I'll set the alarm on my cell phone calendar...)

BTW, people have commented on the "big black stripe" on the GoToMeeting screen. As someone who used to do a lot of GoToMeeting sessions, I can tell you that this is because you are using a Mac, Larry. If you were using a PC, your Control Panel would be invisible to viewers, but on a Mac, your Control Panel shows up on your viewers' screens as an opaque black box or stripe. The only way I know to "fix" it is to shrink your Control Panel. The Control Panel has a short skinny little strip on the side of it showing several symbols. To shrink the Panel, you click on the little arrow at the top of the skinny strip. The skinny strip remains, but you can move that to the side so it's not intrusive. Hope that makes sense.

Looking forward to being in on the next few sessions!

"All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific." --[The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane Wagner]
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." --[Gandalf, The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien]
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 11:17 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

ah...interesting, Sherry..I imagine Sarah might not have known that. I guess what that means is I'll not myself notice folks questions and such in my little control panel, but as long as Sarah is there fielding such for me and recording...then I should not worry minimizing it. That is very useful information, so a star for you today! Sorry you joined in late.

Next week will be very insightful and inspiring!
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 11:21 PM
florida

Hails from United States

Enjoyed today's lesson and look forward to the next class!!!! Thank you so much for your time and sharing your knowledge!!!!
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Denver, CO

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrySeiler
ah...interesting, Sherry..I imagine Sarah might not have known that. I guess what that means is I'll not myself notice folks questions and such in my little control panel, but as long as Sarah is there fielding such for me and recording...then I should not worry minimizing it. That is very useful information, so a star for you today! Sorry you joined in late.

Next week will be very insightful and inspiring!
Too bad not to be able to see questions as they come in. I heard Sarah fielding questions so I thought maybe you weren't following them closely (pretty tough to be giving the seminar and at the same time to be watching the questions scroll by).

I thought that Citrix had maybe cured the problem by now, but I guess not. As a diehard Mac user, I have learned to deal with the slights served up by the PC world

"All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific." --[The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane Wagner]
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." --[Gandalf, The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien]
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2011, 11:48 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisqueen
Enjoyed today's lesson and look forward to the next class!!!! Thank you so much for your time and sharing your knowledge!!!!