WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2003, 03:47 PM

Hails from United States
Okay, suede paper people!

Does anyone know where I could buy some of this stuff to try it out? I like the effects I get on velour paper but would like to try the suede. Today I dropped one of my drawings ( I know I should be more careful but stuff like that happens in real life) and there was dust everywhere! I know some of you have been able to buy pieces of it from frame shops, and if I like it I'll probably do that, but in the meantime I just want to buy some and try it out. Thanks!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2003, 03:49 PM

Hails from United States
Oops, I meant suede board. I keep forgetting it's actually a mat board.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-10-2003, 02:34 AM
A Local Legend
Middlesex, England

Hails from United Kingdom
Why don't you phone round frameshops in your area, and ask if they provide it. If they say yes, then ask if by any chance they have any offcuts (the centres) that are slightly damaged, or put aside, that you could "buy" or take off their hands. Explain you are an artst wanting to try some, and will buy some whole sheets if you like it.

Just a thought.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-10-2003, 04:18 AM
Veteran Member
London

Hails from England
Good advice Jackie... i can see you don't miss a trick!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-10-2003, 08:53 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from Canada
Since seeing what djstar has done on suede mat board, I looked for some yesterday at the art store. Seems they only order it in special order.. at $50 a sheet! yikes. So, I'll be asking my printer next time I talk to him.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-10-2003, 09:35 PM

Hails from United States
Thanks for the responses. I'll go ahead, then, and start asking framing places for samples. $50 a sheet, wow! Makes sense when I take into consideration that this was a product created for framing, and framing is really expensive. sounds like others have been able to find it , so hopefully I can get my hands on some too.