Rules for the Monthly CP Challenge
1) Use one or more of the ref photos posted at the beginning of the Challenge thread.
Feel free to adapt the refs to suit your creativity & imagination. Change the crop, add, subtract, combine them, etc.!
2) State which ref you are using & credit the photographer in your first post.
3) Please list the size of your piece, type of support (stonehenge, watercolor paper, colorfix, etc.), and type of pencils you are using.
If you are using watersoluble pencils, please let us know if you are using them wet or dry.
4) Mixed media is ok, but because this is the cp forum, colored pencil should be the dominant medium used in your piece.
5) If you would like help along the way, please post your work as wip's (work in progress) in this thread.
This is especially helpful if you're new to cp. It's always easier to change things early on! If there is something specific you want help with, Ask! What's bothering you may not be obvious to everyone else.
6) The Monthly CP Challenge threads will remain open for six months.
You may post your work in the appropriate monthly challenge thread as long as it is open, even if a new challenge has begun. The current challenge will be stickied at the top of the forum.
7) There are no experts here!
Some participants may have more experience with cp than others, but everyone is here to learn. Feel free to experiment, branch out, and push your boundaries. Of course, the most important thing: Have Fun!
Here we go! As always, larger versions available in the RIL--
Wild Flowers by Chia
Still Life, Green Cup by Merethe T
DSC0026COPY (elephant) by Maltman
Little Blue Heron by Trimoon
black cat 3 by bartshebeads
Cuttings in Glass Vase by Fagan
Good luck and have fun!