WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member
upstate, new york

Hails from United States
Jackie's Book

Jackie,

Thank you so much for answering my question in the other thread.

I started another as I didn't want to go off topic on that lovely painting being discussed. I love paintings of books also.

But, and this is a big but, could you possibly describe a little about your book coming out soon.

I would be very interested in looking for it as I have your other and find it to be a very valuable book in my library. So well used for info I am afraid it is all marked up and dog-eared for reference.

Hoping you will take the time,

geri
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-12-2003, 02:36 PM
A Local Legend
Middlesex, England

Hails from United Kingdom
Hi Geri
thanks for your post.

The book which is due out this month (might be out all ready) is a reprint of the first book on pastels that I ever wrote, called "Pastels Workshop". It is different from the Workbook, which is much more for beginners to pastels. It is a much bigger book, according to HarperCollins, the publishers, it is a "practical course in pastel painting", but instead of just seeing my work, you get to see the work of lots of other pastellists too. I have included projects of varying degrees of difficulty; demonstrations; practical tips and hints, and ideas and inspiration from varied subject matter, still life, flowers and gardens, landscapes, seascapes, figures, and there is even a chapter on abstractions. And there are chapters on the basic bricks and mortar of painting - tone, colour, space and perspective, composition etc.

It has been reprinted once all ready, and the second reprint sold out, so I was delighted to be informed that it is still considered "active" enough to deserve a third reprint. In paperback form this time.

If you cannot find it in the US, do let me know, and when I get some stock I can supply it.
Jackie
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Veteran Member
upstate, new york

Hails from United States
Jackie

Thank you for your reply.

I will certainly be watching for your book here in the states.

It sounds wonderful. Better yet very helpful. I can't wait.

It will be on my list of "nessesary" books needed for my study and library.

Let us know when the availability date is announced or if it is already out.

I did check Amazon. It says it is on its way. So does Barnes and Noble. I also saw another book on "How to Paint Gardens in Pastel" This also sounds interesting. Will check into that further as well.

Thanks again, geri
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2003, 03:18 AM
A Local Legend
Middlesex, England

Hails from United Kingdom
Geri - Learn to Paint Gardens in pastel, is one of the small paperbacks in the Learn to Paint series that Harpercollins have produced. I have to warn that altho the information in it is useful, the colour reproduction disappointed me a lot. The pictures are all so dark. So if you do decide to go for it, do bear this in mind when you look at the pictures!

Jackie