WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Sculpture
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2011, 12:23 PM
WC! Guide
OH USA

Hails from United States
Re: The Sculptor's Stand

@SD Your hubby's books sound interesting - are they on Amazon? Kudos to him for being published! My original novels are set in today's world too, but have ancient connections. It's nice you're willing to read his books - my hubby has refused until recently to read my books because he's just not into fantasy and he was afraid he'd hate them and would hurt my feelings telling me what he thought. Lucky me, he finally read the first one and said it was good! I've given him the second one to read - he'll read it when he's traveling.

@UHN - thanks for the info on pinkhouse and the clarification about the other stuff. Off to read what's at the links you provided.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Lord of the Arts
New Mexico

Hails from United States

Funny: Right now there is a thread on WC about artists who write too: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797551
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2011, 05:05 PM
WC! Guide
OH USA

Hails from United States

Thanks for pointing that out! I've never spent any time on that forum. I'll have to check it out!
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-03-2011, 11:55 AM

@Lynda- Yes, he's on Amazon : Legend of Toucan Moon
Glad your hubby read your book and liked it. I feel like I'm seeing Ron's unveiling of his word sculpture very slowly as I read each chapter. I get to show him my art all the time but I rarely get to see his until he's all done. Then I want to know what he's been writing all of this time and see the grand unveiling.

The first time I'm reading it for pleasure but the next time, I'll read it with my editing glasses on so to speak. He hasn't sent it to the publisher yet so we can make changes now.

My website My Blog Join me on Facebook
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-03-2011, 02:44 PM
WC! Guide
OH USA

Hails from United States

Your hubby is so lucky that you're willing to do that for him! Wish my hubby would, but he's just not interested. He has to read reports and write reports all the time for his business and he just doesn't read much at all when he's home. He's not a curious person either, so he never asks what I'm writing. I'm the curious one around here.

Nice cover art! Love the colors.

Have fun editing his book!
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2011, 01:38 AM

Just started my public facebook page Just wanted to share it with you:

FacebookPage

I'll need to "like" your pages too.

How I think I'll use facebook is to right simple day to day events. Anything more elaborate will get a link to my blog where I can write in detail (which is what I did for my first post).

~SD

Last edited by sculpturedolls : 01-21-2011 at 01:45 AM.
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Lord of the Arts
New Mexico

Hails from United States

That's better than me, I have a facebook account, but it has been taken over by trolls. I have no idea who all those people are.
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2011, 09:24 AM
WC! Guide
OH USA

Hails from United States

You mean you have a lot of friends you don't know? You can close the account, y'know and start over. If you want to do that, go to "Account" in the top bar, then "settings" then scroll down to "Deactivate account." That'll do it. Create a new account with a slightly different name and don't accept all the "friend" requests you get, and also look at your Privacy Settings and Account Security settings (both also in Account > Settings). You can "ignore" friend requests if it's someone you don't know and don't want to get to know. I allow ones where a lot of my friends know them, and have gotten to know a lot of wonderful artists and horse people as a result. You can set your account to only allow you and friends to see and post there, or to allow "everyone" to post. There may be another setting as well, I can't remember. Hope this helps!!
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2011, 03:40 PM

Thanks for signing up Lynda. I signed up to yours too.

Hope you get it worked USN for your facebook page.

I still need to figure out how I want to use that public page. Do I want to bore everyone with just small little things that I'm doing on a daily basis with my art? I guess I need to check out what other artists are doing with their public account. Generally, with my blog, I write on that when I really have something to share that requires a few paragraphs at least to explain.

Will those that click "Like" on my page get an email every time I post something new? Hmmm.... if that's the case, then I may only write when it's something more noteworthy. I don't want to bother people who have signed up ya know. Well, I'll try and keep it interesting anyway.

#40   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Alberta

Hails from Canada

Hi Sculpturedolls, I am no FB expert but I believe the way it works is that when you post on your public page, it shows up in the newsfeed for your fans/people who have liked your page. At least that's how it works for me, I don't get a bunch of e-mails when everyone whose pages I have liked posts an update. I follow quite a few artsy people and lots of them seem to post small updates, a few progress photos or whatever....not necessarily anything huge.

Also I thought I would mention when you get 25 fans/people who like your page, you can change the URL of your page to get rid of the weird numbers.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2011, 10:38 PM
WC! Guide
OH USA

Hails from United States

I post everyday happenings, fun videos and other stuff that interests me on my personal page (the one with just my name, not my occupations). The "business" one gets updates or comments about stuff that involves my business, progress pics and so on, that kind of thing. I've "liked" a lot of sites and don't get notices about all of them - I don't know why that is.

Roxanne - I didn't know that about the 25 fans. I have way more than that number of fans/followers - I haven't seen any such offers. Where do I find it?
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Alberta

Hails from Canada

Hi Lynda, go to http://www.facebook.com/username/

It is easy to do, the only trick is to make SURE you are setting the name for your public page, NOT your personal profile/page (which I think might be the default, if I remember correctly). It is a pain to change if you get that wrong, if you can change it (I think they allow you to change it once only).

Do you have a FB page for your sculptures?
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2011, 12:48 AM

Thanks guys. I checked to see if I could change my username and you're right, it won't let me as yet. I only have a handful of fans as yet. It says it's not available to me at this time but will be in the future. That's really good to be able to do that. Thanks so much for the tip.

I still am unclear as to when fans get an update email from my public facebook page. Maybe facebook only sends one out daily or perhaps weekly? So it's not like a thread like this one when one person posts, if you're a subscriber, you get an email notice. I really wouldn't want to bug my fans over small writings of uneventful things. But that's sort of what I was going to do with my page- more of a little diary or daily things.

Well, I learn and figure it out soon I'm sure.

#44   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2011, 11:55 AM

Okay, well, I made two mediocre eventful posts today on my facebook public page. Just curious if an email will go out today to you Lynda about it. Or will it take a few days.

#45   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2011, 03:21 PM
WC! Guide
OH USA

Hails from United States

I haven't gotten an email from your FB account. I don't think it sends them out for the professional or "public figure" pages, only for the personal ones. Anything you click "like" rather than adding as a "friend" probably doesn't send out email notices, which is weird and sad because that's why we started these pages, right? On rare occasion, I see a post from one of the TV shows I've "liked" on my FB page, but not very often. I think maybe you have to go and check them yourself, but I could be wrong. Maybe I just don't have mine set up right???? I dunno. I'll ask on my FB page and see what folks tell me, and I'll let you know!