WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Resting in Peace
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States
Quick Dry Cafe 11/14-11/20

Good Morning Everyone,

Another week, moving right along we are..haha
Brought with me some coffee and cinnamon sweet rolls, bagels for those who don't need the sugar..haha and juice. Very "frosty" here this morning.

Wake up Shirl..haha how'd the switch over go and thanks for clarifying I must have missed something cause I didn't know you did that. Hey income is income..

Hi Howard hope you got a few things sorted out so you're not worrying about them, car in good shape is a good thing, Morning Miss Carol, Kathie, Sue, Patti, Mary, Robert, Oz, Kathrin, Bell, Linda, Raymo my man and his little man..teehee, hope everyone had a good Saturday and today even better.

So bring on the chatter I'll see you later,

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. André Gide Forum Projects: Plant Parade projects in
Florals/Botanicals,
Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Immortalized
Buckeye living with the Gators

Hails from United States
Re: Quick Dry Cafe 11/14-11/20

Good morning Elaine and those to follow.

I went garage sale-ing Friday, lol. Picked up 4-frames for $3.00. They were small, 3 4x6 and 1 odd size (similar to 8x10). I liked the frame and didn't care if it was odd... will just have to deal with it.

Then, in the afternoon I painted. Yesterday I painted and played in the studio most of the day, but had to quit when we met my daughter and grandson at the Longhorn Steakhouse... she took us out for my birthday dinner. Sweet kid! My grandson was talking about a new video game he bought and is becoming quite a critic on the graphics. He said they were not as good as they should be considering all the technical stuff they have now. I saw the ad for the game and they looked awsome to me but then I remember when all we had was "PONG", talk about a lack of graphics.

Looks like another beautiful day... better get busy, have lots to do.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Resting in Peace
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Oh dear Patti did I miss your birthday, I am soooo sorry if I did, can't remember one day to the next, well if I didn't it's a year long celebration teehee so Happy Belated Birthday, um get into the thirties yet. It's amazing how these kids pick up on that stuff, my grandsons sound like yours and when I was little we were still playing with rocks..hahaha Live action..graphics were pretty dang good tho..haha So you came home with treasures, always a plus regardless.

I went shopping with Jess yesterday, stores crowded but I have no clue what they are all buying, I'm so tired of malls..haha Then we went to dinner and Pier 1 is right next to the place we ate and of course I always have to go look, I think I just like how it smells in there..haha Anway I found a couple of treasures myself unfortunately not really bargains but cute all the same.
The first were Christmas soaps and the second what I thought were really cool desert plates...here take a peek, don't ya think they're cute, no buying paper doileys this year..haha Wish they had had a big plate for cookies, I'm such a sucker for tableware and kitchen anything.

I know should have been looking for gifts but will just make this mine..haha
Seems the bigger the kids get the harder it gets to figure something out, so I've started just asking and ya get one thing and I'm done, then can go celebrate Christmas and keep presents the smaller part where it belongs..LOL LOL

Started painting, going to evening Mass and Larry's out working on Lori's washer, it died. Can't get into the mood tho, been distracted last few days,
but just came back in to see who was up. Should make the most of time alone so back to it.

Hugs,
Elaine

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. André Gide Forum Projects: Plant Parade projects in
Florals/Botanicals,
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2010, 09:48 AM
A Local Legend
Brownsville TX "On the Border, By the Sea"

Hails from United States

Good morning everybody and welcome to the new week. It was a little quiet in here last week.

Hello Elaine. Boy, I could go for some of those sweet rolls, and coffee, always. Phew, I got my Mac power cable back yesterday afternoon. I lent it to a friend on Friday so she could charge up. She got a new Macbook slightly used from someone and it was missing the power adapter. I managed on my iPad, but I still missed my main computer. For one thing, I've been thinking of taking the free trial from artistsnetwork.tv, but it won't play on the iPad for lack of the flash player.

I'd best be getting to walking the dogs. I'm going to have to do them one at a time now. Yesterday, I tried the 3-some that I could do with the other two, but these dogs are little bigger and stronger, and when they see another dog, very hard to hold back. It's also got something to do with how well trained they are, NOT.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Shirl,

Quote:
Why is there no Adobe Flash on the iPad? Adobe says it’s not because it’s buggy, as an Apple source claimed this afternoon to CultofMac.com.

It’s because Apple is protecting revenue streams derived from content like movies and games. If users could watch free TV shows on Hulu, they wouldn’t buy them through iTunes.
And that is exactly how Bill Gates set back the entire computer industry by 30 years. And now Jobs, the maverick with a cult following is seen to have an equally large commercial heart as well. Still, I would never buy a windows product, and regret Microsoft products being installed on my Mac...

At your risk Shirl

http://adobe-flash-player.en.softonic.com/

Oz

Last edited by Ozone : 11-14-2010 at 12:12 PM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

I know my rooster crowed, but I just looked over my shoulder and

Happy Birthday Patti

Oz
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2010, 12:47 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone
Shirl,

And that is exactly how Bill Gates set back the entire computer industry by 30 years. And now Jobs, the maverick with a cult following is seen to have an equally large commercial heart as well. Still, I would never buy a windows product, and regret Microsoft products being installed on my Mac...

At your risk Shirl

http://adobe-flash-player.en.softonic.com/

Oz
You are probably right about all their motivations being greed, but nevertheless, some blame can go to artistsnetwork.tv for not making their videos in a format compatible with iPad or making an iPad app that could play them when you have a subscription.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2010, 06:41 PM
WC! Guide
the state of confusion, Florida...

Hails from United States

Took a moment this afternoon to play with the new paint just a little bit. It is certainly interesting. Still learning how to adapt to it.

I have afforded myself the luxury of a nap this afternoon. It felt good.

The trailer is just about ready for its cleaning before it gets put away for the winter. Carpets need to be washed walls need to be scrubbed down and all the utilities need to be winterized.

I have somehow managed to temporarily misplaced the cover for my iPad. I am sure it is in a nice safe place. It's just a place I can't find at the moment.

I am sure this will not come as a surprise… I am about to embark on rearranging the studio again. It seems to be an annual duty.

For dinner this evening I made a turkey meatloaf. Something I am going to have to get adjusted to I fear. I find the texture and the dryness a bit odd. Anybody have good recipes for it? So far I am underwhelmed.
"The thing about art is that life is in no danger of being meaningless," Robert Genn
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Resting in Peace
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Hi Howard, I don't know how you usually prepare your meatloaf but when I tried this it turned out pretty good, surprisingly enough, hamburger is Larry's staple..haha not mine however.

I saute my minced onions in olive oil (cook til tender),
then add a bit of salt, pepper,
garlic cloves 2, (powder you have to judge),
cook stirring til onions tender (bout a minute) then stir in some Worcestershire sauce maybe 1 1/2 tbls,
1/3 of a cup of fat free, low sodium chicken broth
and you can add a tbl.of ketchup if to your liking stirred in.

Add 1 3/4 lbs x-tra lean or just lean ground turkey,
3/4 cup breadcrumbs and
1 large egg lightly beaten and
1 large egg white also lightly beaten, mix well and
add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper or whatever suits you with these, put the mixture in a bowl and let cool, it "will" be very moist.
Form your turkey mix and I put it on a baking sheet with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray. You can brush the meatloaf with 2 tbls. of ketchup if you like and bake for an hour. Or if you use a meat thermometer center should be 170 degrees.

It generally comes out really moist and it tastes good too, even later in a sandwich and it's healthy. I had to rearrange some of the things I was eating and meatloaf is a big like round here so this worked. I find working with ground turkey sometimes is difficult because there's little to no fat but I've been using it a lot, you end up adjusting as you go.

Well just seeing what you all have been up to, went to evening Mass got home grabbed a bite to eat and I'm ready for some sitting and watching tv.
Think I need to go hunt up desert..haha maybe just some chocolate pudding.
Have a good rest of your evening. See you tomorrow.

Nite Nite Raymo my man..

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Florals/Botanicals,
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2010, 10:55 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Good night Elaine.

Howard, my tactic for finding things I know are there is to look for something else. You won't find the something else, but you'll probably find the iPad cover.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from Canada

Hi all:

Happy belated birthday Patti! What are you... 29 now?

Nice plates and sopas Elaine... I may take a trip to the Pier 1 in Edmonton and pick up some of those plates... I'm such a crockery ho...

I found this neat little program for the computer that is used to create beading patterns... you can upload a picture and the program will convert it to beads, colour it and then prints out a nice chart. I'm kinda thinking how neat it would be to do a bead tapestry panel instead of the traditional threads/floss. Demo

Howard, I have a juicy meatloaf recipe... I'll pass it along to you after I dig out the cook book.

One thing about out here in the prairies is that folks put up their Christmas decorations right after Remembrance day while it's still relatively warm out... hubby however, thinks that only manly men wait until December and wusses do them in November... more to follow when it's minus 25 and he's outside putting up lights.... this ought to be good...heehee.

Hubby's beloved Saskatchewan Roughriders squeaked through to a playoff position... two rounds of OT did it. Hubby is happy... and it means he can wear his melonhead fan gear for a while longer.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, good going on the sales Mary!
Baby Sean's pics are awesome Ruth, cute pic of Merwyn, Ray.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2010, 03:06 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Northwestern PA

Hails from United States

Thank you Belle!!
Got woken up at 2:15 by Princess having another seizure.. totally out of the schedule...sigh..

Sometimes, life is a bowl of cherries, sometimes it's the pits.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Immortalized
Buckeye living with the Gators

Hails from United States

Grrr! Tried to read the threads last night and they would start to load then stop... very irritating.

Elaine, you didn't miss much, teehee, it comes every year and the alternative sucks! Bell, you guys are too funny... more like getting closer to, dare I say it... 70. Well, I got a couple years to go... but it is closer.

Thank you Oz, I liked the Everly Brothers. Use to have some of their records.

Elaine those soaps are really cute and love the dessert dishes. They do look like doilies.

Howard... just remember, when you are trying to find something it is always in the last place you look.

Glad things are working better at WC today. I have a meeting to attend this afternoon... not looking forward to sitting there. Rather be playing.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2010, 01:18 PM
WC! Guide
the state of confusion, Florida...

Hails from United States

Already this morning I have been running around like a madman. A quick trip to the market to pick up a few things that I was missing from yesterday just for starters. Came home made bread which is in the oven right now and a large pot of low-fat, low sodium pasta fagioli. this is the first time I've ever made it with turkey and quite to my surprise it was rather tasty and. I had a home canned jar of zucchini and tomatoes which I used as part of the base. I just finished having a large bowl for lunch and I'm quite pleased.

This is not much going on in the art department recently, still trying to get things sorted. Played a little bit with the new paint but that's about the extent of my day so far. I have to run to the post office and to the mailing service and see if I get that taken care of. But, all of that has to wait until the bread comes out of the oven. Always something.
"The thing about art is that life is in no danger of being meaningless," Robert Genn
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2010, 02:22 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Bismarck ND

Hails from United States

Yippeee! Robbie just called--he's doing great and now I have an address!!!