WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum > Critique Archives
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-10-2000, 04:16 PM
Veteran Member
Medford, NY, 11763, USA

Hails from United States
Red face oil on canvas

I'll see if I'm successful now in posting the image. Any critique is welcome.The address is: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/User/room.jpg

[This message has been edited by Julia (edited February 10, 2000).]

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-10-2000, 04:58 PM
Veteran Member
Richardson, TX USA

Hails from United States
Hi Julia,

If you put "IMG" surrounded by brackets before your URL and "/IMG" surrounded by brackets after your URL, it will show up in the message like this:

------------------
-Randy
http://www.artistnation.com/members/paris/randy/
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-10-2000, 09:46 PM

I like it. The soft approach suits the mood. Nice colors, gentle purple/yellow complement and a bit of green to avoid monotony. An impression, without the choppy little brushstrokes of Impressionism.

Only two suggestions. On the left, there's an unexplained light triangle that you could do away with. (Compare with the bottom edge of Gisela's Rocky River.) And I'm just a bit confused by the lighting on the upper-right-most leaf on the plant. It almost looks like it comes out of the leaf below it, and falls away from the viewer. The far (or right) perhaps should be lighter, at least if I'm reading the shape right.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-11-2000, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member
Medford, NY, 11763, USA

Hails from United States
Thank you, Drew. This triangle is a mistake of my digital camera. I still can't hadle it pretty well. There's none on the canvas.
As for the light, may be, you're right. I'll try to make it right. Thanks a lot.