WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics > Partner: Chroma, Inc.
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Veteran Member
near Gembrook, Vic

Hails from Australia
Question regarding Interactives

I recently bought a tube of the Ateliere Interactives. When I opened the tube and I had to squirt a bit over a tablespoon of clear slimey-stretchy goo out which stuck to the brush, my fingers and everything else. I got most of it out of the way and squirted a bit more till I got drabs of paint suspended in goo. I figure maybe it's something to do with how the paint dries differently. Maybe I need to mix them??? After much squishing it mixes but the only difference is that it's now a mars violet colour slimey-stretchy booger. It still doesn't cover well and slip-slides all over the canvas. I let it dry overnight and went to layer on another colour (my regular stuff) and it's all coming up. I was not being very rough with the brush either. I was advised in the general acrylic forum to bring my query here as you might be able to tell me what was going on with this tube and if it's defective?

Kind regards,
Amanda
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
North East England.

Hails from England
Re: Question regarding Interactives

Sounds bad to me!
Maybe you should take/send it back - or at least contact the retailer.

I hope Jennifer (their rep) pops in to give advice - if not, PM her.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

I am so sorry!!!! I posted a reply, but it obviously never took! Sounds like you got a bad tube of paint (which can unfortunately happen despite our strict quality control.) We would be happy to replace it - just PM me with details on the color, size and your address.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Mt High Utah

Hails from United States

Still learning my way around Wet Canvas. So much great info. Started painting again after 30 years. Joined local oil painting class using WN Artisan but took too long to dry. Also went to watercolor classes which went wonderfully. Over the summer no classes, so I tried a friend's acrylics. Love these Interactive paints. Mostly purchased transparent colors as per Jan Blencoe videos on You Tube. However the Transparent Yellow and Forest Green are so stiff I almost have to use pliers to get the paint out.
I have progressed thru mixing paint colors to get grey and graduations of colors to trying mediums. The more I use them the better I like them.
Watching Johannes Vloothuis class on Saturdays and Sundays. Wonderful instruction thank you Wet Canvas And Johannes.
Diane

Last edited by desthers : 02-24-2011 at 07:18 PM.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Hi Diane! Wet Canvas is a wonderful place! I learn so much from reading and participating in the forums, too. I hear that Johannes class is great!

Regarding your tubes, they should NOT be hard and pasty. Sometimes, despite our quality control, paint may turn over time. I am sorry you have these, and I would be happy to replace these tubes for you - just send me a PM with your mailing address!

Happy Painting!