WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Animal and Wildlife Subjects
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2000, 11:19 AM
A Local Legend
Where the Osprey soars free.

Hails from Canada
Post pet portraits

I was wondering what you should charge for pet portraits in acrylic or pencil
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2000, 06:57 PM
A WC! Legend
the sunshine coast

Hails from United Kingdom
You might be better asking this question in the Art Business forum. Take a look in there anyway as you may find threads such as Calculating Prices, and Gallery Representation of interest.

Generally, it's a good idea to have a look at artist's producing similar work to what you have in mind and who are at a similar place in their artistic career and see what they are charging. That will give you an idea of the market.

best wishes
sandra

[This message has been edited by sandrafletcher (edited July 03, 2000).]
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2000, 03:00 PM
Indianapolis

Hails from United States
In addition to Sandra's excellent information, you might also want to keep in mind that many people commission pet portraits as a gift item, and price your work with that in mind. It helps to have a range of prices, from "I drew your name at the office, so here's a mug because all I know about you is that you like dogs," to "I like you, but I'm not spending over $60," to "I really, REALLY adore you, and when it comes to proving my love, dear, money is no object."

It's good that you provide pencil portraits, because they can make relatively inexpensive gifts.

-tami-

LookOfEagles Racing Art
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2000, 06:27 PM
MA.USA

Hails from United States
Cool

agree with most said...but may this one please add....that time involved in creating the image......and the size of the image should as well go into caculating the price.....and be consistant...if a 9X12 pencil is sold to one person for one price...you get a referral...and then your price is different...might erase your market...