WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Enthusiast
Garson, Manitoba, CANADA

Hails from Canada
Lightbulb Wde Aug 20/10 Images Here!

Welcome to this Weekend's Drawing Event!!! Hope you brought your medium, support and beverage of choice!??!!

I will be posting 16 images (plus the invite pic) and a challenge.

Please wait until all are uploaded before commenting. You'll have 30 minutes to make your choice and choose your materials - you may use any medium....even 3D mediums are welcome to join in!!!!

For the next two hours, just go for it……then STOP!, scan or photograph your work and post it in your own new thread with your title, beginning with WDE, plus date, plus title.

When you introduce your work, please add a description of size, medium, support (paper, canvas etc) and time taken.

If your work is digital, we'd appreciate a description of whether it's freehand drawing/painting, manipulated image or done using the filters available in some programmes - you could also say which programme you've used.
All are acceptable but we'd like to know the "hows, whys and wherefores".

Use WIP for any Work In Progress at the 2 hour mark, and MI for multiple images if other works are to be added before the following Monday.

NB. To avoid forum flooding, please put all of your work during the weekend, for the current WDE, into a single thread: multiple threads will be merged! From the following TUESDAY, you may open a new thread for later work.

You have the whole week to participate - until the next WDE starts (usually Friday). If you finish a piece after that time, we now run a 'Catch-up' thread in the forum each month where you can post any WDE not completed in its allotted week .... it's a sticky near the top of the forum page.

After posting your contribution, please view others’ entries and comment and encourage when you can. Unless requested, please refrain from critiquing.

Here is the link to my Picasa if you need high res. images

OK HERE WE GO!

These images are all my own, taken mainly thoughout this past year during my travels. Hope you find a little something that interests you!!

Let's start with my visit to Montreal this past June with some cute facades.

Next is a beautiful home as viewed from a small public space in the City of Westmount on Mount Royal. Such a beautiful place.

An unidentified flower found on our walk around Westmount. Looks like a rose, but then doesn't??? Anyone know what it is?

Some Montreal escargot on the move!! LOL

Now we'll move back to Manitoba for a beautiful landscape. A beautiful yellow canola field and sky filled with fluffy white clouds.

Image of a Roper getting ready at a local rodeo last fall.

Chess players at our local medieval festival. They even had a human chess game later in the day, but I missed it.

A couple at the festival in their beautiful costumes!

A shot of the poppies growing in the English gardens at the tea room that I show my art work at.

Turtles at the park

Flower arrangement at a group show I was in. These were right from one of the artist's gardens.

Last edited by Dewi : 08-20-2010 at 10:50 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Enthusiast
Garson, Manitoba, CANADA

Hails from Canada
Re: Wde Aug 20/10 Images Here!

Next up is this sweet Border Collie I came across while visiting a local stable. Isn't he adorable???

Landscape taken out at my hubby's family lodge in Souris, MB

A little fawn left in our yard one afternoon. Don't worry, I waited to make sure mom come and got him

Missed this one earlier, an angel taken at the church where the Medieval Fest was held

This is a photo ref for this WDE ONLY of my painting mentor Milos.

Last but not least, here's our invite image without all the writing.

Hope you saw something that inspires you to create!! All images are available in large format, just PM me and I'll send it on over.

The Challenge - Well, remember I told you to bring that beverage? Hope you did? Hope you still have some of it left, if not, get a refill and from life, draw or paint or sculpt a piece of artwork based on your beverage of choice. Once complete, post it and if you want take a ref image of the beverage you used and post it too.

Most of all have fun this weekend!!!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 07:51 AM
A WC! Legend
All over the place

Hails from United States

Great images! Thanks for hosting....back to review them and choose....
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 07:53 AM
A WC! Legend
All over the place

Hails from United States

Oh....I am pretty sure that unidentified flower is just a wild rose. Well, that's what my grandma told me years ago as a little girl.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Catherine1

Hi Lorie.. Photos look great.. I can only see 11 of them though????
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 08:49 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Thanks for the great images Lori, I won't be around until after my show on saturday, but will get one in sometime

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 09:00 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Hails from United States

great pictures I will go get organized as soon as I can (busy sorting out new painting space) thanks for hosting
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Ajax Ontario

Hails from Canada

Nice refs...Montreal offers some picturesque images,I will be there next weekend and lookout for some of these nice shots you found; unfortunately a wedding hijacked my plans to partcipate in Valri's WDE last week...but I must get something in before taking off for my trip!
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast
Garson, Manitoba, CANADA

Hails from Canada

Thanks all! Do hope you find something worth painting I had such a hard time deciding what to put in. Then after I posted my invite I thought maybe I'd do a theme instead, but I chickened out ....and kinda ran out of time. Maybe next time.

And don't be shy, I've got them all larger....just for uploading I kept them small. If you want to crop or see details you can.

Valri - yes, it must be a rose of some sort.....but then leaves didn't look rose like, I didn't notice any thorns and the 'hips' were fuzzy??? Weird. It grew like a bush, quite large and a LOT of blooms. Sure was pretty though.

Catherine - Hope you can see the rest now? I posted 11 then another post with the remainder....I just got nervous that I would loose my first group and all the writing, so I posted so at least something was up. WC! was giving me trouble loading this morning.

Last edited by ElleZee : 08-20-2010 at 09:17 AM.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 09:16 AM
A WC! Legend
Warwickshire, Middle Earth

Hails from United Kingdom

These are cool and thanks for posting early - might have time to get my acrylics out this weekend.

that dog reminds me a little of my old Sadie without the brown eyebrows she had.
i see you have medeaval events too. Next weekend is our annual Bosworth Battle Reenactment just up the road from here and we hope to go - weather permitting. I took over 800 photos last year.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Immortalized
Florida East Coast

Hails from United States

Excellent choice - hard to decide. May do the challenge tonight : )

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Beautiful B.C.

Hails from Canada

I agree excellent choices Lori.....I know it's hard to decide, we had it nice a few years ago, when there was no restrictions for a while, and some posted 20 to 25 or so. But that really was way too many to choose from LOL
I've already sent you a PM.....

I just Googled Rose of Sharon for that flower, it looks similar, except for the stamen.
So I then Googled Wild Rose, and saw some photos that look just like what you posted. It looks like a Wild Rose to me..

Last edited by Sharrm : 08-20-2010 at 09:38 AM.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Enthusiast
Garson, Manitoba, CANADA

Hails from Canada

Must be a rose than. Guess those Eastern Wild roses are a bit different than our Western ones, LOL!! Our wild ones here in Manitoba are squatty small little things....still pretty but not more than 18 - 20" high. They sure grow 'em big out there!!!!

LARGER IMAGES HERE

hope that works.

***Thanks Dewi for adding the link into my original post ***

Last edited by ElleZee : 08-20-2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: thanks Dewi
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 10:28 AM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

These images are wonderful, Lori!! Thanks for hosting!

I had a doe leave her baby for over an hour in our yard once. It was as though she told him not to move from that spot. He just stood there most of the time, looking around for her. There was another doe and fawn nearby, but they did not go to each other. I was so happy when his mom came back. He was too! We wiggled and wagged his little tail like crazy!!
My Blog * Uploading Images * WDE Participants' Guidelines * WDE Updated Guidelines (for newbies especially) * AMAE Forum Guidelines
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 10:56 AM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom

thamks Lori, cool images, hope to get to it...

...blogspot at http://gardenartjournal.blogspot.fr