WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 01:58 AM
NSW, Australia

Hails from Australia
Daily scumble- 15.10.02

Still haven't figured out the time diffs, but since it's 3 pm here in eastern Australia and I havent seen a scumble for today, I figured I'd start. So ... good afternoon all.

Decided to send you a pic of my new pond. My sister and I created it in an old leaking spa. Its on a stepped down bit of deck right outside the double glass doors of my studio. I can see it even when sitting at my desk, and hear the tinkle of running water. Soooo soothing! Just add my rainforest or whalesong CD
and I'm off in another world.

Hope you all have a great day,

Minky
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 02:11 AM
Lord of the Arts
Depends on the Day!

Hails from United States
What a great idea! I love those lil ponds when done right! This is really cool Minky!!
Not doing anything at the moment , just finished up cleaning and now off to touch some on the WIP
Have a great day!!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 02:22 AM
Reno, Nevada

Hails from United States
hehehehe, I choose the Whale Song CD!!!!

Warmest,
Laura
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 06:56 AM
Enthusiast
Malta, Europe

Hails from Australia
How cool Taminka, great way to make use of that leaking spa.
Well guys I must say that I slept in today, and I mean slept in!
Its exactly midday, i really enjoy my sleep as you can tell, but I did have a late evening so thats my excuse.
I start back at work tonight too, yuk! I have had a whole month off work and I think its gonna be difficult to get back into the swing of it.
Its a great day today too, I think that I will go out and enjoy it, we are heading into winter here but it hasnt shown its ugly face yet, so thats a good sign (I hate winter).
Oh well, Ill finnish off my coffee and head of into the streets of malta, see you guys later,.........BYE

Konica Minolta 7D
Photoshop
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 10:31 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Oooooooooooooooooooklahoma

Hails from Australia
Minky.. again, great use of a leaky spa!!! It actually looks better anyway!!!

Well today, just contemplating my next move on the humongous pastel piece.. The sun is out so might try to drive around and find some interesting pics to take too.. Hubby is off work today so might have to make him a list of jobs... hehehe that'll teach him to stay home...

Have a good day all...

Cheers,

Colleen

Colleen Brown Fine Art
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 12:17 PM
Paducah, Kentucky

Hails from United States
Hey Minky....thanks for starting the thread today! I actually saw this last night around 10pm my time as I was getting ready to go to bed....yeah aren't these time diffs just crazy.

Speaking of time...I'm always wondering what time it is in one place or another (especially when it comes to my fellow WCer's). So I found this great time server...here is the link. I have it in my favorites drop down and I can quickly go there and check the time:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com

Minky that is a fabulous pond you and your sister put together! I bet that it's extremely relaxing to be able to listen to the water throughout the day. We have a small fountain as well, but it's in our backyard which is on the other side of the house from my studio....all I get is traffic noise

Hope everyone has a fabulous day and I'll see you all in the threads! By the way....is it just me, or has Wet Canvas response time been slow the past couple of days?

Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. (Stella Adler 1901 - 1992)
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 12:32 PM
Plant City, Fl 33563

Hails from United States
Great Idea Wow I would never have thought of that. Can you still get in for a dip? *S*

I've been busy this morning doing the halloween project. I got it done and it's not too bad. Took me about 1 1/2 . Of course used pastels I'm hooked on them. Even bought me a work table for them. Now I have to get rid of the recliner that just collects junk that's in my office/studio. *S*

Karen I also tried your landscape last night before bed. Here's the result.
And my halloween project.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/P...29/halfrog.jpg It's a Hallobatfrogkin *S*
Attached Images

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 12:51 PM

Hails from Australia
Luvy, your pastel of Karen's sunset it lovely!!! I also did one but it isn't finished yet... changed the buildings into adobe dwellings etc.. Very nice...

Cheers,

Colleen

Colleen Brown Fine Art
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 01:45 PM
Lord of the Arts
Depends on the Day!

Hails from United States
WHAAAAAAAA HOOOOOO!!
I am STOKED now!! Just got 2 big boxes in mail!! I got some new books in, Photo-journals that I use for refrence Images! AMAZING PICTURES I might add
THEN in the other box.......YEP you guessed it.......NEW PASTELS!!!Doin the " HAPPY PASTEL DANCE"!!!!!!
Whats even better. yes there is a better to this I know hard to believe! I got 60 new Rembrandts for 30.00$ buckeroos one box of skin tones, and one of landscape!!
AND I have more arriving today only they are UNisons a set of 72 for 164.00$ < All from EBAY the heaven of heavens for GREAT DEALS!!! Brand new I might add

LOOK OUT CHOOKY> Im tearing up the paints now!!!!
heheeeeeeeeeeeee
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 01:50 PM

Hails from Australia
Ok Redsy, I'm officially not talking to you now.....

I am sitting out the front waiting for the Fedex guy and then the place I bought all my new pastels calls to confirm I want to pay for onite shipping..... I told him what for..... They will be here by 10am tomorrow.....

Will be expecting LOTS of new works from you ..... oh, and by the way Redsy.... Very Nice New Tiny head.... hehehehe
seeya, now I've got pastel envy...

Chooky

Colleen Brown Fine Art
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 02:14 PM
Paducah, Kentucky

Hails from United States
Redsy...you lucky girl you....I was doing the same dance recently as well....

I too got a set of 72 Unisons on eBay for the same price...mine was the general set....I absolutely love it!! A few of the pastels were broken when I received it, but all in all quite a lovely assortment of colors and they are a dream to work with. The broken ones were no big deal as I tend to break up my pastels anyway!

I also did a big order from Dakota, not too long ago. I decided that I wanted to try out several different brands of pastels. I got some Diane Townsend (both soft and terrages), Mount Vision, Schmincke, Polychromos (similar to NuPastel, but just a bit softer), a paper sampler pack with 15 different types of paper, board and cloth, a bag of pumice to start making my own grounds with, and a big ol roll of glassine which I use to store my pastels in and also to protect while shipping. I was like a kid in a candy shop when that box arrived!! It's really nice to get the smaller sets of pastels to try out and see how you like working with them. The shipment from Dakota was packaged really well and arrived in short order. I was happy with the transaction.

I'm slowly working my way through trying the different pastels and seeing which ones I may want to get more of (eventually.....the bank account only goes so far )

You are right tho....eBay has some great deals on pastels. Even the cheapest of the cheap mail order most times can't beat the prices on eBay.

By the way...have a great day playing with your new pastels!!

Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. (Stella Adler 1901 - 1992)
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 02:18 PM
Paducah, Kentucky

Hails from United States
Luvy....that sunset pastel turned out really well!! I also posted that pic in the Cafe and many people asked to paint it. I ended up putting it the ref library for anyone what would like a higher res photo.

Also Luvy...I just LOVE Hallobatfrogkin! hehehe....what a name!

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 03:03 PM
Enthusiast
N. Calif

Hails from United States
Yawnnnnnn, was so hiped from the game last night I didn't get much sleep. Giants goin to the World Series!!!!!! Geeze, I hope there won't be an earthquake this time..... Niners won too!!

Love the pond! I'm fortunate to have a small stream going by my house and I love the water sound. Dries up in late July and begins again as soon as the first rain.

Must go to the grocery store today tho, pastel pic on hold. I haven't a thing to eat around here. I hate going to the grocery store.

Shirl
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 06:39 PM
A Local Legend
bournemouth dorset

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Daily scumble- 15.10.02

Quote:
Originally posted by Taminka
Still haven't figured out the time diffs, but since it's 3 pm here in eastern Australia and I havent seen a scumble for today, I figured I'd start. So ... good afternoon all.

Decided to send you a pic of my new pond. My sister and I created it in an old leaking spa. Its on a stepped down bit of deck right outside the double glass doors of my studio. I can see it even when sitting at my desk, and hear the tinkle of running water. Soooo soothing! Just add my rainforest or whalesong CD
and I'm off in another world.

Hope you all have a great day,

Minky
So excited after rainforests went to look at your leaky pond pic,couldn't find it ok its come up too impatient thats my problem and my computers tooo slow i'm off to have a look

Last edited by guilliame : 10-15-2002 at 06:49 PM.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-15-2002, 07:06 PM
A Local Legend
bournemouth dorset

Hails from United Kingdom
Wow looks have you got any fish in there,just thought you might want to know we are into the wet and windy weather iguess it wont be long before our pond is frozen over brrr.
Hey Karen maybe wc is slow i thought it was my computer waited ages for this pic to come up