WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:22 PM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States
Lightbulb WDE July 16th - IMAGES HERE

I hope it's okay with you guys, but I have to post a little early. I have an appointment this evening and early sign jobs in the morning.

I will be posting 16 images and a challenge. Please wait until all are uploaded before commenting. Thanks!

The fine print:

You have 30 minutes to make your choice and choose your materials - you may use any medium.

For the next two hours, just go for it……then STOP!, scan or photograph your work and post it in your own new thread with your title, beginning with WDE, plus date, plus title.

When you introduce your work, please add a description of size, medium, support (paper, canvas etc) and time taken.
If your work is digital, we'd appreciate a description of whether it's freehand drawing/painting, manipulated image or done using the filters available in some programs - you could also say which program you've used.
All are acceptable but we'd like to know the "hows, whys and wherefores"!![IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Beth/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

Use WIP for any work in progress at the 2 hour mark, and MI for multiple images if other works are to be added before the following Monday.

NB. To avoid forum flooding, please put all of your work during the weekend, for the current WDE, into a single thread: multiple threads will be merged!
From the following TUESDAY, you may open a new thread for later work.

You have the whole week to participate - until the next WDE starts (usually Friday). If you finish a piece after that time, we now run a 'Catch-up' thread in the forum each month where you can post any WDE not completed in its allotted week .... it's a sticky near the top of the forum page.

After posting your contribution, please view others’ entries and comment and encourage when you can. Unless requested, please refrain from critiquing.

It is assumed in AMAE that posters appreciate the comments, and with so much posting and commenting going on all at once, making thank-you posts is unnecessary BUT, if you must, PLEASE keep all your ‘thank you’ messages in one post in your thread wherever possible.[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Beth/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]

Have FUN!!

1- “Penelope” photo by Artmutt from the RIL. I just love her face! Thanks, Artmutt! Larger photo here:

2- Bears photo by Bjonsunrise from the RIL. They’d be great in purple! he he Larger photo here:

3- Sheep photo by Yorky from the RIL. I have really been wanting to paint some sheep, so thanks, Yorky! Larger photo here:

4- Pink Flower from Eufaula Inspiration Garden. I don’t know what it is, but I liked it. Larger photo here.

5- Yellow Flower from Eufaula Inspiration Garden. Is it a lily? I bet you can tell I don’t really know my flowers. Larger photo here:

Please wait for the rest to upload before commenting. Thanks!
My Blog * Uploading Images * WDE Participants' Guidelines * WDE Updated Guidelines (for newbies especially) * AMAE Forum Guidelines
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:31 PM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States
Re: WDE July 16th - IMAGES HERE

6- My niece, Chelsi’s wonderful ladybug photo. I can always count on Chelsi for some amazing photos. Larger photo here.

7- Main Street – Eufaula, OK. 4th of July. Find a crop you like, perhaps. Larger photo here:

8- Hay Bales photo by Sundiver from the RIL. We have hay bales too, but we haven’t had a bright sunny day to get a beautiful shot like this. Thanks, Wendy! Larger photo here:

9- Cessna 172 that I am learning to fly in. It’s parked at the McAlester Regional Airport. Isn’t she a sweet little plane! I just call her 738 Whiskey Lima. Larger photo here:

10- Fairy Door Friends. You didn’t think I’d leave out something totally goofy, did you? Larger photo here:

More coming. Please wait for them to upload.
My Blog * Uploading Images * WDE Participants' Guidelines * WDE Updated Guidelines (for newbies especially) * AMAE Forum Guidelines
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:40 PM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

11- This is my 1997 Jeep Wrangler, which my DH gave me for our steep driveway. He worries about me getting stuck at the bottom of the hill. (Awwww) I love it for the whoo-hoo factor. It’s much more fun than my old 2000 Ford F150 work truck. Larger photo can be found here:

12- Fruit Basket on my kitchen countertop. I love the light on this one. Larger photo here:

13- Fire Truck in Eufaula, OK. I put signs on the door for them. This truck is still active. It is used to fight auto fires on Hwy. 69 for a rural fire dept. Larger photo here:

14- My niece and her niece. I can’t wait to see what you do with this one. Larger photo here:

15- My grand-nephew, Gage. His mom is a photographer who loves to play with her baby. He likes this little game, too, I think. Larger photo here:

One more coming. Bear with me for a minute more.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:45 PM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

16- My little sister, Dona, & her husband John, taken in front of their home on Whidbey Island, WA.. Larger photo here:

I uploaded all the photos to the Reference Image Library (RIL). All of these photos can also be found on my Flikr page here:

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it: Do a little something that makes you giggle. Step outside your comfort zone. It’s just us friends here. Have fun!! Maureen suggested in weeders that we may even want to finger paint. That sounds fun!!

Thanks for joining me this weekend!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 07:14 PM
A WC! Legend
Beaudesert Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

I just popped in to see who was hosting this week and when the images would be going up and my goodness here you are already. I am just about to head off to work but will check back in tonight if I am not too tired. Thanks for hosting and the refs are wonderful. Cant wait to start.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 07:29 PM
A Local Legend
Burlington, Ontario

Hails from Canada

These look v-e-r-y inter-e-s-t-ing Beth, thanks for hosting.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 07:33 PM
A WC! Legend
All over the place

Hails from United States

I KNEW you were going to post early!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Thanks, Beth....so many great choices.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 08:32 PM
A Local Legend
Southern Michigan

Hails from United States

Hi Beth! GREAT choices! I've made my selection but won't be able to start until probably Saturday. Can't wait to see all the wonderful artwork created from these gems!

Elizabeth

My Website: www.CrabtreeOriginals.com
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 09:36 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario

Hails from Canada

wonderful choices and great photos
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Catherine1

I'm excited.. Got my eye on a few.. ;-) Thanks for hosting!
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 10:19 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
California

Hails from United States

Wonderful images Beth! I love the one of your grand nephew, so cute!

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 10:26 PM

I'm so excited! I have already painted several of them....in my mind's eye of course. I'll start tomorrow!

Thanks for the beautiful photos.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Lots to look at and lust after Beth. Hmmmm. All are superb! I'm not sure...gotta sleep on it. The first one is pretty comical. Thanks for hosting!
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 11:23 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
I just popped in to see who was hosting this week and when the images would be going up and my goodness here you are already.
Exactly what I was thinking!!! Haven't been around lately.... sorry.... really miss you all....

Off to the hot bath spa today so will have to wait till evening or tomorrow.....
Carol
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Immortalized
Florida East Coast

Hails from United States

What wonderful photos!!!!