WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Art Journals
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Arlington, TX

Hails from United States
Love Your Life Class

Peppers

Kilimanjaro 9" x 12" 140 lb. Journal
I prepared this entry of peppers today in preparation for an art journaling class for members to document their daily life. The image came from the Wet Canvas forum but for the class I will make my own photo using fewer peppers. This is my first post in this area and I'm so glad to have it available for sharing.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2010, 08:57 PM

Re: Love Your Life Class

Lovely!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Arlington, TX

Hails from United States

Thank you Miss C. Wish you were going. Why don't you quit your job? It's time for your retirement besides I need an assistant.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2010, 09:23 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Sandra, your peppers are gorgeous! I love what you did preparing for your art journaling class. The mingled colors and good design are so lovely. I like the strong values too, this is a bold painting. Enjoy the class and keep posting!

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2010, 09:54 PM

Nancy, in my crystal ball I see a new blog in your future ... just journal pages. What a treat that would be for all of us, including your students! Whatcha think? After all, what else to you have to do with your time?!!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Lord of the Arts
Melbourne

Hails from Australia

Nancy that is a great pic to start with. I am sure the rest will be just as good and even better. I like that you are all prepared and eager and ready to go. My kind of person Look forward to seeing what you come up with from class and elsewhere.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Arlington, TX

Hails from United States

Hi, Robert and it's not Sandra but Nancy but that's ok since you had such nice comments about my post. I think for the class I'll get some Kroger peppers and just have about 3 or 4 for the students to paint instead of the whole bunch so they can paint more projects but still work from a photo. And you have an awesome information filled website on oil pastels. I keep running back to learn something new.

And Connie, love, I'm always behind on posts on all the blogs I contribute to now. But thanks for the hint.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Christchurch, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand

Hey nancy,
welcome to the journal forum. I noticed that you were painting on a kilimanjaro 9x12 from Cheap Joe's. I love that Kilimanjaro paint book too, it is the only one i have found that mingles regular sketchbook paper in between each page of watercolor paper. Now, the paper isn't "Arches" but it is lovely to work with anyway, just the right amount of sizing and a good sound too! I decided to branch out a few years ago and I got hooked on the product and the amazing price! Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing more work from you. Your peppers are fun and a great way to push the shade and value in newer artists. Thanks again!

From your "friendly" neighborhood,

Zenica
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:30 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

I'm sorry, Nancy. I've been goofing up on names all week. I have fibromyalgia and it causes serious memory problems sometimes. I know who I'm talking to and my brain feeds in a different name, which seems right at the moment. Your peppers are fantastic, the comment's definitely what I meant and yours is the art I was looking at.

That would be great, setting out peppers for your students to paint. I know I'd love it if I was in your class.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:33 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Nancy, those peppers are awesome. Such lively colors.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Arlington, TX

Hails from United States

Oh, wow..thanks for all the comments. jacquip thanks for the encouraging words since this is my first class to teach. I gave an art journaling program/talk last month and this is a result of that, but in a different location. Robert, I get that way without a good reason except old age and Dr. Debby, glad you like the colors. I'm having so much fun preparing for the class.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Arlington, TX

Hails from United States

Zenica, I thought I put paste some notes on the sketchbook pages. I really bought it to practice from the Shirley Trevena books but didn't got around to it. For my regular journaling I use Aquabee, Canson Montval or Raffine and I'll probably have the students get one of those - anything around 90 lb. I see Strathmore is coming out with a new journal "Visual Journal" that is available for mixed media. Thanks for the visit.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Fort Worth, Texas

Hails from United States

Hi Nancy,
I just subscribed to your blog and sent you an email message. Welcome to Wet Canvas! You'll love it here. How was the class?
Dena
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Arlington, TX

Hails from United States

Nice to meet you Dena. The class will be July 23, 24, and 25.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Lord of the Arts
Escondido, CA

Hails from United States

Hi Nancy! I'm sure you are really busy preparing for your class and many other things. But I love your peppers and hope we will get to see more of your art journaling projects as time allows. I love the colors you used, and I really like the way you framed the image on the page.

Nice work!

Jean

"People's dreams are made out of what they do all day. The same way a dog that runs after rabbits will dream of rabbits. It's what you do that makes your soul, not the other way around."