WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Miniature Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2009, 09:18 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Harrisburg, PA (almost!)

Hails from United States
Miniatures Art Show Chambersburg, PA.

Just returned from miniature art show, Chambersburg, PA. We all loved it, show is great. Many wonderful artists, lots of terrific paintings. I feel myself very lucky to have two of my paintings chosen to be a part of this celebration of miniature art. Will need to edit some photos and post it for everybody to enjoy! :-)
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2009, 01:06 AM
A Local Legend
TN Mountains, North Of Chattanooga

Hails from United States
Re: Miniatures Art Show Chambersburg, PA.

Looking forward to seeing the photos, Tatiana! I usually enter that show, but didn't this year due to time constraints.

-Andrew
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Harrisburg, PA (almost!)

Hails from United States

I know, Andrew what you mean!

Oh, still need time to go trough those photos... tow evenings one after another, two shows... just returned home a while ago, nothing is done yet.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Harrisburg, PA (almost!)

Hails from United States

OK. Better later, then never!... I'm finally up to editing part... and starting posting..Enjoy!

More pictures to follow!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Harrisburg, PA (almost!)

Hails from United States

And here is some more!.. I may have something missing or posted twice, sorry, if so.

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2009, 02:24 AM
A Local Legend
TN Mountains, North Of Chattanooga

Hails from United States

Looks like a great show! I love seeing the shows like this, It give you a glimpse into what is making it in the shows, and how things are framed and presented... It's the next best thing to actually getting to go there!

If anyone DOES get a chance to visit one of these shows in person, however- DO IT! As nice as photos are, they can't capture the true feeling of a show!

-Andrew
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Harrisburg, PA (almost!)

Hails from United States

I'm totally agree with you, Andrew!

In person it is much nicer.

We are lucky to have few shows in area, how I found out and looks like it is every year thing... One is this one in Chambersburg, another in Carlisle (don't know, how good is that one), and Washington is about at the same distance for me, as Chambersburg, but driving there is not easy... I'm not planning to see Washington's show this season, but if I'm entering next year and is in fact I'll make it in, it will be a good reason to ask my husband to make it a family trip (with him driving and me navigating!) He hates to drive to DC, but will make an exclusion, if my works will be there. :-)
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2009, 03:08 AM
greater NYC area

Hails from United States

Hi Tatiana, Thanks so much for these photos, they are so clear and well done I feel like I got a front row seat at the show! I hope to see this show in person over Christmas-time with my Mom, since part of my family is in Mechanicsburg. One thing that stands out to me is I see lots of very elegant framing here.

I participated in the Carlisle show in it's first year. I think after that it combined minis and small works. It got started by Sherri Trial who is an energetic and talented calligrapher/mini-artist, and I enjoyed meeting her, so do check it out.

Mona
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Harrisburg, PA (almost!)

Hails from United States

Hi, Mona!
If you can make it in person, I'm sure you will love it. Lots of great paintings there and yes, it is a lot of nice frames too.

I heard about Carlisle mini art show, but missed it this year. Will try to be on it next season.
My position right now is slightly complicated, since I wasn't going to jump out there with all those paintings... but now friends artist all trying to drag me from one place to another... and I only have so much time! :-) Trying to do my best, but still - can not do it all.
We have another small art work show coming up in December in Mechanicsburg, I'm pretty sure you know about Gallerie13. I will have some of my small and mini work there, including two egg temperas. If you are coming to visit you Mom, maybe we can even meet in person. :-)
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Veteran Member
Not where I want to be!

Hails from United States

Hi Tatiana,

Thanks for posting these photos. Looks like it was a great show. It's the next best thing to being there! Congratulations on your lovely work being in the show!
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Harrisburg, PA (almost!)

Hails from United States

Thank you, Barbara!

This year is my learning year, but so far it goes very well, I can not complain. Honestly so far everything happening is above my expectations. Lots of new perspectives and I know that for 2010 show season I will be totally ready. Good feeling. Chambersburg will be definitely one of the shows where I'll enter some of my works next year. Very friendly people, great place and very impressive show. Once again - more then I expected. Love it.

Glad I could share my pictures with everybody to enjoy. It wasn't very easy, trust me, place was crowded. I had to sneak around with camera to get what I need and not every time successfully. :-) Something was out of focus, something had reflections on... but mostly I think I got it all right.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Lord of the Arts
Oregon

Hails from United States

Tatiana-
Good job putting the paintings in the forum!! I would be very nice to have that set up in the Miniatureart group!! Thanks for sharing!!
Jim Smith
jfsart7
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Veteran Member
rural property in Central Ontario

Hails from Canada

Thanks! Enjoyed seeing these pictures very much Titiana. As Andrew says, it is a good way to see the presentation and variety of work out there. I have so little opportunity to go to the shows I really appreciate seeing them this way. I can only hope to get a chance at some point I know I would love it.

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Harrisburg, PA (almost!)

Hails from United States

Hi, Jim!

Glad you like all the photos. I tried to access mini art group on Yahoo - no luck. Don't know, what is a problem, I guess yahoo hates me! (Or I'm generally doing something wrong?...)

Sue, I'll be glad to post photos from shows what I can attend... what will not be too many, but who knows... I might take a trip to DC next season, it is not too far from us and if they will allow photoshoot, so we may have more... And of course Chambersburg has a chance to become a every year thing, since it is not too! I hope and Andrew will share with us some photos from FL too!