Home Forums Explore Media Digital Art The Digital Library How-I-did-it Post Your Demos Here! :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Nate

I’m no expert and no teacher and there are many ways to do this stuff, but here are some vid captures of a couple of simple pieces in progress.
        These are narrated, so turn on your sound.

Maybe someone else will share theirs?

The Pirate
        This one is a color sketch, done using Corel Painter and a Wacom.
        No scans, no reference.
        Click the link to see the video clip =
        http://natesdoodles.blip.tv/file/752290/%5B/URL%5D

Dog Doodle
        Cartoon dog – digital.
        No scans, no reference.
        Click the link to see the video clip =
        http://natesdoodles.blip.tv/file/753033/%5B/URL%5D

Nate

Two more….

Another one…
            ‘Toon girl, a doodle sketch
            No scans, just drawing with the wacom pen, narrated.
            Click link to watch the video clip.
            http://natesdoodles.blip.tv/file/750168/%5B/URL%5D

Cool Horse… the birth of a Leanin’ Tree greeting card.
            No scans. Made with wacom tablet and pen.
            Click the link to see the video clip.
            http://natesdoodles.blip.tv/file/889106/%5B/URL%5D

felixdk

Good suggestion. It’s a great way to show your workflow and it helps to counter the mistaken idea that the computer does everything for you with the push of a button. I’ve got an .flv of my Cunningham painting that I’ll post a link to.

Nate

Way to go, felixdk… bring ’em on…

Lucy-Foote

This is really great Nate.. I loved looking at the video’s and listening to you talk as well. What a brilliant idea to demonstrate. :thumbsup:

Lucy

:heart: [FONT=Lucida Console]Lucy Foote

Nate

Sticky this one?
                            I’m going to post a request that this thread be “stickied” – don’t know who to make the request to, maybe some of you folks who’ve been around longer than I would know how that gets done.

It seems that more people will be adding to this (I intend to), and that it is of general interest to the digital art community… at least I think it is.

Any ideas/opinions on making a sticky out of this one?
                            It may take several requests from different folks.

Nate

Thanks for the comment and encouragement.

Maybe y’all can ask other folks to put their demos/tips in this thread as a one-spot for this kind of thing.

If the moderators/boss-people want to sticky it, they can change the title so it is not only for video demos.

felixdk

Here’s the link to my Flash WIP video: http://www.flickr.com/photos/felixdk203/3926315399/

I was surprised at how easy it was to do using .jpg s of the different stages. It’s another benefit of doing your work in digital.

barryt

Good idea Nate. This is a flash of a painting, with not many steps but it shows how I – usually- work.
                                        It is of a Buddhist monk

http://www.barrythomasportraits.co.uk/page7/page8/page8.html

This is a great idea. I don’t know how you get a moderator’s attention around here, but they should sticky it. Maybe change the subject to “Demos and Tutorials” .

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                                        Every painting is a new adventure.

justjean

This is a great idea. I don’t know how you get a moderator’s attention around here, but they should sticky it. Maybe change the subject to “Demos and Tutorials” .

Go to Digital Art and at the top you will see Digital Library and you can post it there :D

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Jean
                                            http://www.pbase.com/justjean ...WDE Thanks for peaking in :wave:

Gray539

Great idea, Nate. Interesting seeing how everyone else works. I have a couple of these around. I’ll post a flower work.

Nate

Go to Digital Art and at the top you will see Digital Library and you can post it there :D

:thumbsup: Great stuff!
                                                    Obviously I’m not the only one who thinks this idea works.
                                                    Think I’ll post this post over there and see who’s awake.

I think that it would take a moderator to move all of this (thread and contents) to that thread.
                                                    I did send a message – but nobody’s home. Guess the moderators are hiding somewhere.
                                                    Not sure what’s next, but I think people should continue posting… it’s cool and maybe someday a moderator will show up and read their mail.
                                                    (Maybe posting a bunch of cussin’ would bring them out of their hole… probably just delete the whole shebang :lol: )

I sometimes get emails, sometimes not…. the email notification thingy has a mind of its own.

Nate

Hey contributors…
                                                        Maybe say what software you use… some kinda info-goodies to enlighten all of us…
                                                        Keep-em coming!!!

Nate

Don’t know if it’s good or bad, but I posted a poll here – about having a stickied demo thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.