Just a note to wish you all a great new beginning for your acrylic painting challenges, efforts, and inspirations in 2001! Here are a few ideas:
- Visit an acrylics only art exhibit (or have your own!)
- Determine to learn incorporate a new technique, color concept, or see things in a new way each month during the year (in 12 months, you'll know 12 new things!)
- Paint one painting in a genre new to you. If you are a portratist, paint a landscape; if you are a landscape painter, try a still life...this will strengthen your visual acuity and ability to capture unfamiliar things.
- Read a classic art book either on technique or about a classic painter.
- Approach a gallery for representation, especially if you have been thinking about it for a long time. At least attempt to learn more about the business of art. If you don't wish to sell you art, then how can you better reach your own goals?
- Improve the quality of your framing this year.
- Most of all, have fun!
P.S. Please pitch in with your ideas...
2001 L. Diane Johnson Plein Air Workshops