WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum > Critique Archives
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2009, 04:10 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Boones Mill, VA

Hails from United States
Re: Paint Out # 16 - There's a Draft in Here

I am enjoying seeing what you all painted! I was going to do this but I didn't cut my finger or move or go outside or find my ink pen or have a swinging party.. I must be a dud! lol.. I think it must have been that 10' tall weed that held me hostage? Anyway.. maybe I'll do one post factor? is that allowed? lol

Mrsbb.. Yours is very cold looking.. reminds me why I moved from Colorado to VA!
Dana.. loved the color you added to your drawing!
Corby is that a mirror hanging on the wall or a portal to another world? Just kidding but that white square got me. Love the colors you used though..you always have such warm colors in your paintings they feel very comfortable and snuggly.
Sandra I loved the imagination you put to use in yours! I wouldn't take it to any counseling sessions though. YOu KNOW what they say about us crazy artists anyway!
Spyder.. your's made me think of my mother. Blue was her favorite color and she loved to paint everything she could get her hands on blue even yard "art"?..lol.. But I like your blue barn!

What a fun project to follow!
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Ohio

Hails from United States

Crazywoman - theres still time to do it... !!
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2009, 09:38 PM
A Local Legend
Ukiah California

Hails from United States

yes...crazy, my comment about "I should a done the background more carefully" arizes from that spot, among others. You'll note that the point of the roof also has another of those white spots...nothing is seen till something is posted, and posting is such a hassle that I never want to re-do it after a correction..guess I could use the GIMP on it...but that would be cheating...sort of like slipping in a piece of chocolate on ones diabetic diet...where DO you stop?

#49   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Boones Mill, VA

Hails from United States

For a quick painting I thought it was wonderful. If only I could produce one that well in a couple of hours I would be happy. I guess when it comes to seeing things most of us look so much we don't see until it is posted or someone points it out to us. I agree it is hard to go back and change things once you've come to a certain point. Cheating sort of defeats the whole purpose of posting what we've done doesn't it? I'd much rather everyone see my blunders than present something that isn't honest. Yep.. that one piece of chocolate can undo a months worth of staying away from sweets for me. EAt one and then you gotta have one more.. again and again.. lol.. better left in the store. I am still trying to convince myself to do a small one this weekend.. Will see what the garden has for me this weekend and how much time I have left.
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Ohio

Hails from United States

small aceo 2.5 x 3.5" and rather gray...

#51   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2009, 12:30 PM
A WC! Legend
US

Hails from United States

Kathleen, very nice rendition there. You gave it a more country look! I like the surrounding foilage and hills and water. That is a little stretch of water there, right? The subdued colors give it a very dated look like the works of the mid century.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2009, 12:49 PM
A WC! Legend
ARIZONA/COLORADO

Hails from United States

Hey, you did do an ACEO. Good for you Kathleen. Lenore
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW, What a ride! Anonymous -MRSBB (Lenore)
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Boones Mill, VA

Hails from United States

It makes me think of a mill now rather than a barn.. I like what you did.
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Enthusiast
Timmins, Ontario

Hails from Canada

I am really pleased to see the numerous and interesting versions of my pic of a drafty barn in Southern Ontario. In fact, I have been so busy of late that I forgot to even do one on my own challenge. I have had so little time to paint and I have been caught up in abstract heaven for a while. But for teh next one, I promise to do one.

Paint like today is your last day on Earth...
Paint and Pixels are My Preferred Weapons