WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2009, 12:20 PM
uk

Hails from United Kingdom
native america

hi this is for my art adult college project it is a new project called native america all input welcome irene ann
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Enthusiast
TN

Hails from United States
Re: native america

Greeting from the USA

Very nice! I like the concept of combining 3 elements into one scene...the natural scenery, the Native American shield and the pinto with rider! The eagle on the shield says NA as well. Good job!
I find it intersting that you have this much knowledge of the NAs. Are you maybe, from the US? Or did you have resources and studies of our native peoples?
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:08 AM
uk

Hails from United Kingdom

thank you for your comment i am from the uk and i had to find resources and and ref for this project thanks again irene ann
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:40 AM
A WC! Legend
In Her Own Mind & a few people in MS

Hails from United States

I like the idea...and the comp looks good to me! The proportions of the horse are off, and the way the rider is sitting, looks like a toy...where his real legs would mold with the horse? I think I would loose the bird, and I am not sure what is around his waist? The fringe on his top makes it look as tho' he has two hands? I think with a number of tweaks this can really be good! I would start with the horse...if it was me. The others are really small.

Please post whatever you decide to do! Will look forward to your finish!!
"Who said one paints with colors? One employs colors, but one paints with feeling."

~Jean-Baptiste-Siméon Chardin
Susan's Soul________ Blog_______ Yessy
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2009, 11:54 AM
A WC! Legend
Okeechobee, Florida

Hails from United States

Hi Irene Ann!!
Great attempt at this!! I think Susan has some valid points.
The horse first of all, his forelegs, the left one looks like its in the distance and the right one is up front, which is backwords. the horses right legs are behind the body so lowerleg will be in shadow and the one on the left is prob going to be in the shadow too from the riders leg. but not behind his belly. or chest. The hind legs are too wide, almost looks like a cow thigh, need to thin it down some and separate the legs with shadows showing the space between the legs. search out some horse photos to see what I mean.
GOOD LUCK, your doing pretty good!!