WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Kuwait

Hails from India
memories

MY IMAGE(S):

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: memories
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 30*24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I wanted to do a painting with dark backgroud and only one part of the painting bright with some loose brush work.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any c&c most welcome
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2009, 06:43 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States
Re: memories

I like the light from within the house, and how it illuminates the figure. My only crit is that I feel the left portion of the painting is a bit isolated from the rest of the painting. Perhaps if you softened the edge of the building just a little, it would transition better? Just a thought

Claire's Website and Blog
“The pain passes, but the beauty remains.” Pierre-Auguste Renoir
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2009, 07:58 PM
A Local Legend
Ukiah California

Hails from United States
Re: memories

Nethra this is really marvelous in its feeling of tranquility and 'otherness'. You could play up the figure in the door by putting cool color and soft edged areas behind the figure so that they will sink back visually and create the feeling of a room and in contrast push the seated figure toward us so that we get the feeling that he is in the foreground at the threshold. I like your manner of showing a source of light in the room. here you can manipulate your brightest hue (the yellow) to intensify the reality of interior depth and of light flowing onto the seated figure. You have done it, but it is just a matter of degree. I feel that value and color contrasts are the things you can really improve in all your work. In keeping with this Claire mentioned the left hand side. I feel it is the perfect counterpoint to the right hand portion, explaining situation and emphasizing time of day. Level that back horizon line out and subdue it so that it sits waaaaay back there in the painting and does not attach itself to the building as if it were some sort of architectural element. In addition by darkening and hardening the edges of the building there is no question left in our minds as to whether or not they are building parts or some sort of element behind the building. I really like this...all that is needed is the chirping of a cricket in the quiet evening....I'm not sure what color a chirp would be...

Last edited by Corby : 04-26-2009 at 08:02 PM.