WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2002, 01:29 PM
Upstate New York

Hails from United States
By The Sea

MY IMAGE(S):

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: By The Sea
Year Created: 2001
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12x 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is the last in this Cape Cod series. This painting of Old Cape Cod was inspired by some old photos and postcards.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
The fence covered with roses gave me some trouble. Now in looking at it, I think I may have overdone it with the roses However I have seen overgrown roses like this, I just don't know if it fits in with the painting. I may have to de-rose somr of it. I also think that I need a little more shadows here and there.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2002, 04:29 PM
Atlanta, GA

Hails from United States
The clouds look amazing. I can't paint them nearly that well. The rose bushes, I LOVE them! I also like the blue that you added by the house. Are they flowers? I can't quite tell because it's a photograph. The windows and door on the front of the house also turned out incredible.

Will roses grow in sand so well? (I know absolutely nothing about plants) The bushes look like they are full of life, and I more imagine a thriving green yard between the fence and the house. The driveway looks amazing.

The windmill looks very gray compared to everything else. I think it needs a few darker tones and bits of color to match the house. Some roses might look nice splattered around it to compliment the other bushes, but that's just a matter of opinion. The (don't know what you call it)... things that spin around on the windmill.... (laughs at herself) ... They look like they could be a bit too long to turn and not hit the ground. (mostly the one on the left)

The body of water on the right... is that a seperate lake, or is it part of the ocean? The colors look a little different, perhaps you used a different blue.

This is a great painting! Keep up the good work
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2002, 04:31 PM
Resting in Peace
NE Georgia, USA

Hails from United States
I like the whole thing just as it is...

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2002, 05:11 PM
Atlanta, GA

Hails from United States
Yeah, I nit-picked it to death, but I DO really like it!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2002, 07:13 PM
A Local Legend
Brisbane, Australia

Hails from Australia
I wouldn't remove the roses! I think that's part of the charm of the picture. As you say, you have seen some overgrown like this.

I think it's lovely just the way it is.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2002, 07:18 PM
Upstate New York

Hails from United States
BY The Sea

Thanks for all the input, its great to "talk" to fellow artists. studied art for six years, but now I am out of the art world.....work takes up too much time. Anyway, thanks