WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Wearable Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-27-2008, 07:47 PM
A WC! Legend
So. California

Hails from United Nations
Dealing with pins that are also pendants

I found some cool pins in Paris that I thought would make nice pendants. I have a couple of questions for you experienced jewelry makers about these.

For the pieces that are just pins, but that I want to use as pendants, is there some kind of converter that I can get at a bead shop or through a catalog that will allow me to use the piece as a pendant, but still allow the buyer to detach and wear as a pin?

One of the pieces I bought is set up to use as a pendant or pin already, but the pinback seems to me would not be comfortable against bare skin and might pull threads on a knit or other delicate fabric. Are there covers for pinbacks that I can get? Also, the bail is a loop, no opening; how do I attach it to a necklace in such a way that the buyer can remove it to wear as a pin if desired?

Questions, questions...ain't we newbies a pain? But you're so good with us! Thanks in advance...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Veteran Member
Lancaster Area PA

Hails from United States
Re: Dealing with pins that are also pendants

I have used tiny lobester clasp to attached it, that way you could take it on and off. But can't think of anything that would hide the pin back. If you look at my etsy stuff, the fairy charm bracelet has a pendant/pin for the focal point.
Jerry
www.twilightshades.etsy.com
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-27-2008, 08:20 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Oregon Coast

Hails from United States

Diana, I know they make pin converters to make a pendant out of one, I will look for the link.

Shipwreck beads has one:

click here

Glass Melter/Designer/Artist/Grandma/Catlover . . . not necessarily in that order!
Etsy shop My Blog Etsy Art Shop

Last edited by Ritazart : 10-27-2008 at 08:23 PM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
A WC! Legend
So. California

Oh, Rita, you just had to introduce me to Shipwreck Beads, didn't you...? Thanks -- I've ordered a few, plus a ton of other stuff I just "needed," y'know?

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
WC! Guide
Kings Lynn

Hails from United Kingdom

Diane, I sometimes wear brooches as pendants and all I do is take a fairly open chain and thread the pin through several links in a zigzag (does that make sense?). It keeps the pendant centred and stops it twisting.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-28-2008, 01:19 PM
A WC! Legend
So. California

Quote:
Originally Posted by claire.c
Diane, I sometimes wear brooches as pendants and all I do is take a fairly open chain and thread the pin through several links in a zigzag (does that make sense?). It keeps the pendant centred and stops it twisting.
Ooh, another good idea! I don't use chains much, but will be taking a class on the subject in January -- thanks!