WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Plein Air
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2009, 03:37 AM
Enthusiast
Palmdale, California, USA

Hails from United States
Re: Florida's Forgotten Coast Plein Air Invitational

Yeah, I'll try to avoid being a morsel on the bottom of the food chain
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2009, 10:08 PM
northern california, near mount diablo

Hails from United States
Re: Sonoma Plein Air Event and Carmel Art Festival

I have been trying to upload an image for you ,but sigh STILL cannot upload any images..... Anyway, my blues on my palette are all W and N : french ultramarine, cobalt, manganese blue hue are the three I use most frequently. with some thalo for strength ie dark.
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-15-2009, 04:02 PM

Hails from United States
Re: Our Plein Air Shows, Awards, Articles and Events

Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\forums\includes\class_core.php on line 1575

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\forums\includes\class_core.php
Line: 1575

still getting this when I try to upload images
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2009, 03:27 PM

We are delighted to announce that Lorenzo Chavez has agreed to be one of the judges for our event. Entries are still being received until 30th April. I have added information here too:

Wyoming Plein Air 2009

Painting Event 7/31 -8/14

Quick Draw, Auction and Judging 8/15

Art Exhibition & Sale 8/15 - 9/30, 2009

Sponsored by SOUTHWEST ART MAGAZINE, THE LINK GALLERY AND DESELMS FINE ART, CHEYENNE DEPOT MUSEUM, CHEYENNE DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY, CHEYENNE CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU, JONAH BANK, THE PLAINS HOTEL and EMERSON FRAMES, and others to be announced later.

We are delighted to announce the second Wyoming Plein Air painting event. This Plein Air event is a partnership between the Link Gallery and Deselms Fine Art in Cheyenne. We aim to make this national painting event one of the largest painting events and art exhibitions of its kind in Wyoming and, eventually, in the Rocky Mountain Region. We are now accepting 2009 Event entries for the selection process and are asking for applicants to submit their work

This year we are looking for approximately 80 artists who paint "en plein aire" to participate in this major outdoor painting event this summer in Downtown Cheyenne and across Wyoming. We are asking artists to spend at least 3 days painting in the City of Cheyenne and then they may travel anywhere in Wyoming to paint if they wish, or remain around Cheyenne. The diverse subject matter will include historic buildings, botanical gardens and other local scenes of interest as well as the prairies, deserts and mountains of the wild places, the National Forests and the National Parks.

We already have sponsorship and awards totaling some $7000 lined up including an award for excellence from our major sponsor, Southwest Art, who is giving a 1/3 page ad worth $1,800 to the first prize winner. We have further sponsiorship and awards in the pipeline and we also plan social events for the artists to participate in if they wish. There will also be a quick draw and auction on the 15th August. Further information is presented in our application form, with additional detailed information available later to the successful applicants. SouthWest Art is also offering special block advertising rates for participating applicants, which will also be included in the additional information.

We are trying to arrange some additional interesting and unusual places for artists to paint in Cheyenne, and have already obtained permission from the State Governor and State secretary and the rest of the State Buildings Committee for artists to paint the interior of the State Capitol Building. We are also trying to get permission for the inside the rotunda at the Union Pacific Depot and the historic part of Warren Air Force Base as well as obtain a list of historic buildings that people may want painted. Some of the beautiful churches here may also be available for artists to paint inside them. This is in addition to the Botanical Gardens, Big Boy (see http://www.city-data.com/city/Cheyenne-Wyoming.html) the Wyoming Hereford Ranch, and the multitude of historic buildings and so on. We are also hoping to include the Terry Bison Ranch this year which is just a few miles outside town.

We would like artists to attend the event for at least a week, and do expect artists to paint round the city of Cheyenne for at least 3 days of the event, at whatever point in the event suits them best. You can travel around Wyoming too and the extra time will suit some people so they can even go as far afield as Jackson and Yellowstone if they want. We have a block of reduced rate rooms held for the artists at the Historic Plains Hotel here in Cheyenne, and we hope to have a list of host families fairly soon. A full list of accommodation and amenities will be distributed to those selected to attend the event along with maps of the area and the state.
We hope you will be as excited as we are about this event. We look forward to hearing from you and enclose the call for entries/application form.

Best regards,

Rebecca Barrett - event organizer and coordinator

The Link Gallery

307 778 0330

www.link-gallery.com
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from United States
Albert Handell Plein Air Workshop (xpost Pastel Forum)

Hi Everyone,

I'm putting a message out there for anyone who might be interested in a plein air workshop with Albert Handell; specifically, one held where I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. (I'm helping to set up this one). The workshop dates are Aug. 10-14, 2009.

Mr. Handell teaches soft pastels, watercolor with soft pastels, and oils.

If you live anywhere in Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky, (meaning you could drive) and always wanted to take a plein air workshop, you might want to consider this one! Or, if you live far away, I understand that air fares are more reasonable these days. At any rate, I think this will be a great opportunity for anyone interested.

There are a few spaces left before he closes the workshop and considers it full.

Thanks,
Ann
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Niagara

Hails from United States

The 7th annual Great WORLDWIDE Paint Out takes place September 11-13 this year hosted by International Plein Air Painters
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2009, 03:52 PM

The Silver City Paint-Out in the Black Hills of South Dakota!!!!!

July 10, 11, and 12 2009

The Silver City Volunteer Fire Department is sponsoring a plein-air event in the Silver City area of the Black Hills (Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse) in conjunction with their annual ice cream and pie social and Volksmarch. A wet sale will be held Sunday afternoon.

The entry fee of $17 includes the ice cream social lunch on Sunday and a chuckwagon dinner Saturday evening.

For more information go to www.silvercitysd.com.
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

I am happy to report that the June issue of American Art Collector Magazine contains an "Artist Focus" editorial on me and my work on page 166. They did a really nice job.

Rich Gallego
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2009, 03:56 PM
A WC! Legend
New York's Hudson Valley

Hails from United States

Congratulations, Rich. It's my favorite magazine! I'll look for the editorial.

Jamie
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2009, 02:40 PM

1-Day Plein Air Workshop (Athens, TN)

For anyone who may be interested:

In Southeast Tennessee, in a town called Athens, there will be a Plein Air workshop with an instructor. The workshop will be held this Saturday, May 30th. Contact the Athens Area Council For the Arts for more information.

This could be a fun time and a great chance for artists in the Knoxville/Chattanooga region to get together for a few hours of art-making and fellowship.

Hope to see you there.
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:41 PM

Hails from United States
Re: Our Plein Air Shows, Awards, Workshops, Articles and Events

Rich (proudhawk), I just had a chance to visit your web site....WOW and then...... I saw the gouaches also.......WTG
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2009, 02:56 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Thanks, Robin. I'm something of a fan of your work, too. If you're anywhere near Monrovia on June 13th, come by Segil Fine Art for the Summer Salon and check out some of my new work. I'd love to meet you and talk about your approach to color and other aspects of painting. Be well.
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2009, 03:51 AM
Enthusiast
Carson City

Hails from United States

Just in case anyone is in the Reno area next weekend... I'll be there! I'm donating a new PA umbrella for a door prize.

Gypsy Art Revival Paint Out & In - June 6-7, 2009

Come join artists from all over the region to celebrate Virginia City Sesquicentennial Celebration, 150 years old and still kicking. Virginia City was once the richest city in the world, alive with art, music and characters. Revived again in the 70’s when a gypsy enclave camped along 6 Mile Canyon to bring life back to the Comstock, the town again came to life with color and adventure.

It is in the spirit that St. Mary’s Art Center (SMACenter), wants to celebrate the arts, by hosting artists in all mediums to come and create in Virginia City.

Simply register by sending an e-mail and show up at 9 a.m. Saturday, June 6th and set-up in one of our studios, the front porch, the grassy front yard or spread out all over Virginia City to add color and art to the celebration. Artists will have all day Saturday to create and then join the celebration at 4 p.m. at the SMACenter. Those staying over night are free to continue creating all day Sunday. Be a gypsy for the weekend, don’t be left out of all the fun. For more information please call (775) 847-7774.

To Register: Email: smacenter@earthlink.net
Cost: $10 for non lodgers at registration on June 6

Artists’ Special Lodging Price $25 per person for lodging Saturday night June 6th – Shared rooms
Celebration: 4 p.m. June 6th Refreshments and Art Sale for all interested. 20% of sales go to benefit SMAC’s programming.

I am not affiliated with SMACenter

Carol

Last edited by nvcricket : 05-31-2009 at 03:57 AM.
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2009, 10:45 AM

Hi I just wanted to share this opportunity with everyone at the plein Air forum: We did this last year and it was a big success hope you could join us again this year.

5 Day Plein Air Workshop with Scott Tallman Powers-
Please join us for 5 days of intensive study, covering all the basic elements to the advanced of Painting in Plein Air. The days will consist of Demonstrations, exercises, drills and hands on painting with plenty of personal instruction.

After 4pm we can all paint together into the evening. You can just watch or paint along. After hours is not mandatory. One of the nights will be a slide lecture.

Please contact Eleinne Basa for registration and questions: 732 604 9653 - eleinne@msn.com

To download an Ebrochure please follow this link: http://scottpowersfineart.com/workshops
To register online visit : http://eleinne.com/workshops.php

Thanks,

D. Eleinne Basa
www.eleinne.com

#75   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:09 AM

Mid Summers Brush Oconomowoc's 3rd Annual Plein Air Competition July24th-31st!

Hosted by Griffin Gallery Fine Art (http://www.griffingalleryfineartllc.com) and the Wisconsin Plein Air Painters Association (http://www.wipapa.blogspot.com). Come paint from the 24th thru the 30th. Artist reception, silent auction of work and awards ceremony July31st! All are welcome!